[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

Unlock Bootloader

You can easily unlock your Bootloader with the following procedure. You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff.
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT CORRECT, as I have noted. One must have a code for unlocking - right?
/Leif

Hi! You should add this part (Developer ROM installation) to your guide:

WARNING: During this Process all data will be wiped
  • Download Developer ROM here
  • Place that .zip file at the root of the internal storage (don't paste it in any folder).
  • Go to Updater App (you will find it in Homescreen > Tools (folder) > Update)
  • Tap on the 3 dots (right corner of the screen) > Select .zip file downloaded previously.
  • The phone will reboot and you will be on Developer ROM!
Thanks to Muz_paray from en.miui.com.
Hi,
I've downloaded the file you link, tap 3 dots and select the file.
Internet connection is required and after verification file failed.

After an update from stock rom I've a boot loop so I follow a guide on this site to restare the phone after brick. With this "new" rom I've nit play store and I decide to unlock bootloader and install a xiaomi.eu rom (I've it on my redmi 2).

I've a MiUI 7.1.7.0 Stable

Can you help me?

Regards
--
matpil

Last edited:
Hi, I'm on xiaomi.eu 6.1.14 rom for the Redmi Note 3 but I can't enter Fastboot mode. ¿What can I do?
Thanks

PD. SOLVED

Last edited:
BIn9iiV.png

it worked? what this mean?

Means you need to apply for a unlocking code, once you verify your mobile phone number you must wait within 10 to 30 working days for xiaomi to review your apply and give you or not permissions for unlocking the bootloader of your phone. Most of the times they reply with a sms

Well, it took them a few weeks to translate the form, the tool was already translated but unofficially so they could just take that....

Well yeah, but the web page aplicación form is easier to translate, i used g translate to figure out how many days they would take to reply my request

I think it doesn't, since you are only requesting permission to port another rom in your RN3, it warns you it will compromise security. Check out the unlocking page and make your conclusions

Is anyone getting unlock codes/permissions these days or is everything stuck because of the chinese new year, meaning pending requests will have to wait another 2 weeks?

Also i see A LOT of people getting their request rejected, why is that? How can that be avoided, i've been waiting for more than 20 days and what do i have to do if my application is denied (for what reason anyway!)?
Is there any OFFICIAL statement about this?

Hello, I've successfully flashed TWRP as mentioned above but, every time I try to power off or rebut system from recovery, my phone freezes in TWRP and I cannot exit but keeping volume up + power buttons pressed. Any solution?

Tapatalk

Ok. Sadly I can't connect my number or even verify my Mail adress. I even connected the Mi yupport. So since I dont understand everything, I have a question. I have the Mi3. I installed the last update MIUI 6.2.4. Since then, my bootloader is locked and the phone unrooted. Is there a possibility to delete everything on my phone and start new with sMiui? Can I wipe everything, get the bootloader unlocked, then install sMIUI and have my phone rooted? Ofc I mean a possibility without get an unlocking code from Xiaomi or use a method, where my Xiaomi Acc has to be connected with my number.

Mine just tried this procedures.....

Seemed that xiaomi had blocked their web side from processing this kind of request. have to be in que.

Guess ...before this it works....bcos some guy already did.
BUT now Xiaomi block that.
I tried mine no go.

Yea! This time it all worked perfectly! Thanks to @sebsch1991 for this tutorial as well as for his great smiui work.

I got my unlock permission after 3 or 4 weeks :(

I bought Redmi note 3 MTK and expect to arrive tomorrow. I chose the option "Open Package" which means that the installed multilanguage firmware. What are the next steps?
I have doubts about that.
if I could unlock the bootloader without installing developer rooma or more multilanguage this rom?
how to install (if necessary) developer rom if I locked bootloader?

I succesfully unlocked the bootloader (after have waited for xiaomi permission) but after i flash your patched TWRP recovery and try to acces it (volume up + power) it goes in Xiaomi recovery. Is it possible? i read somewhere that i should delete the file "recovery-from-boot.p" . Is it safae to do?

Hi everibody, thanks for your great job and support.
I've a problem during the bootloader workaround, see attached image.
What it means? I've tried with the tools but it seems not working.
The version is 7.6.2.18 beta and full working with mi account.
Pls Help

Attachments

• errore.jpg
    errore.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 382
Are you even unlocked bootloader (did you get the unlock code)? Such messages on the screen looks like as if you had not unlocked butloader. If all you do then you phone is not correct at the contact to site.
check it and try again.