1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 3' started by sebsch1991, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Arsh Arora

Arsh Arora Members

Get Latest Working Root Method of Redmi Note 3 From here - viraltecho(.)com/root-redmi-note-3-without-bootloader-unlock/

2. k0sta

k0sta Members

Guys, being diamond member on miui forums gives you unlock permission or it doesn't, and apply for unlock is also needed?

Another thing, why is Mi unlock tool saying "your device isn't supported"? I have redmi 3 linked and fully activated to mi account, running latest china dev ROM. Tool always gives that message and redirects me to unlock site.
    It's bit strange to me, because my friend has rn3 and fresh mi account(also activated, but really new account) and Mi unlock tool is giving message he doesn't have unlock qualifications. It's the way it shoud be, but why am i getting device not supported message? Anyone has any idea or advice?

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

3. cosmik

cosmik Members

Same problem here. Did you do it?

4. cosmik

cosmik Members

And do you have a "China Mobile 4G LTE" logo at the back of the phone?

5. RRebelo

RRebelo Members

The opening post should be edited because what it states is not true and is misleading the readers...

I have bought a Redmi Note 3 thinking that I could unlock it immediately, just to find out that it is not true... I have to wait for Xiaomi authorization.. If I know that it would be sitting on my desk 2 weeks I would have bought something else...

6. Borisblank

Borisblank Members

This bootloader lock is a real pain in the butt, it really is!

7. Doni Santoso

Doni Santoso Members

Hello all

Greeting from Bogor, Indonesia

I have success to unlocked my bootloader on last Sunday, 10 April 2016
    My phone is Redmi Note 3 Mediatek, and using Developer rom form RaineStorm Pro 6.4.7 of Xiaomi.eu

Thank you for your posting here

Regards

8. Rahulk7

Rahulk7 Members

Hey,
    I have global stable ROM then should i download china developers ROM then go through the procedure or i should download the global developers rom

I have Redmi note 3 pro (Snapdragon) with globally stable ROM Pre-instaled

9. joaojacinto

joaojacinto Members

Hi to everybody.
    After install the developer rom 6.4.7,finally could get to unlock the bootloader.
    After that, i install the trwp like mentioned on the first post, but i only can get in to the trwp by software. Pushing Vol. Up and power, nothing happens. Does anyone happens the same?
    Regards

10. Jan Eversby

Jan Eversby Members

Hello I had tre same problem.

You are on some reseller installed rom, and they are hard to gået rid of.
    Follow this tutorial: http://en.miui.com/thread-235865-1-1.html

Be sure to be on a newer windows pc and follow the guide step by step.
    That did the trick for me.

11. norbee007

norbee007 Members

I failed to mention that we have the MTK 3GB version, not the Pro variant. Will this method work with this version?

Tapatalkkal küldve az én MI 4LTE eszközömről

12. Selina

Selina Members

Hello,i want to ask if this rom for xiaomi redmi note 3 support OTA update or not?

13. grave88

grave88 Members

Will work on redmi 3 pro (not note 3) or not?

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

14. Monra

Monra Members

Thanks thats helpful

15. fabiorochapt

fabiorochapt Members

Hey guys, I need help.

Ive unlocked my bootloader. Ive got root access. But i cant enter recovery mode. Ive followed this tutorial without an error but when i try to enter recovery it just reboots. ive tried with adb reboot recovery, flashify, everything and it just reboots back into miui.

I bought Xiaomi redmi note 3 MTK from Ibuygou.

Could anyone shed some light?

Thanks in advance

16. joaojacinto

joaojacinto Members

You just have to press Vol+ and Power until MI apears on the screen and realese immediately

fabiorochapt likes this.
  17. fabiorochapt

fabiorochapt Members

Thanks for the answer. I had to install a different version of the recovery. Now it works like a charm. Thanks anyway for your answer. If anyone is having the same problem I'll gladly post my recovery.

Enviado do meu MI NOTE Pro através de Tapatalk

18. gbodims

gbodims Members

please can i have the file thanks

19. zenek_wiaderko

zenek_wiaderko Members

I did everything like in the tutorial, flashed to china dev rom, download unlock program, process was OK, reboot now button appeared and everything looks OK, but after installing TWRP (kenzo for RN3Pro, installed via fastboot or flashyfi) I cannot enter recovery. I have the screen as in attachment. Peaople are telling me, that bootloader is not unlocked, even thou I hadn't any problems with unlocking. Any idea what is wrong?

EDIT: I tried to unlock my device again and I have this: "Coudn't veryfiy device. No unlock needed on the device". Do I have an unlock or not? Why such a problem with TWRP then?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  20. dogiex

dogiex Members

My family (Sister and Mother) have the hennessy (MTK) variant of Redmi Note 3.
    I would like to install xiaomi.eu rom for their phones.

Does this guide still apply or is it outdated?

Both phones are on china stable roms still but I have applied for my mothers bootloader unlock code and still waiting for it until I do anything.

Thanks.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

21. LakLao

LakLao Members

Can I flash the TWRP recovery on a bricked phone? I can access the fastboot.

I was thinking to flash the TWRP recovery and then flash a ROM. Will this be possible you guys think?

22. brunocorte

brunocorte Members

Just like other guys here...I unlock the boatloader...flashed a dev rom...installed 2 versions of twrp with the same result...at reboot to recovery...it only show "plug usb cable to phone"....how / what did you do...?

Cumprimentos

23. sexyneha

sexyneha Members

Hello,

I am new in all this. I am on Global Stable ROM On RN3 Pro 2/16GB,

I am trying to unlock my bootloader but it stuck on 50% With Error : "Current Account Is Different From The Account On Device."

- I have confirmed that using same account to login as i have already logged on in my device. and checked i.mi.com also.

-Please suggest me solution..

Thanks In Advance

24. dogiex

dogiex Members

Do you have official rom or a vendor rom?
    Unlock bootloader works on china dev rom and/or china stable rom only if I remember correctly.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

25. sexyneha

sexyneha Members

I was on Global Stable. Flashed Global Beta But Didn't Worked :(

Share Our Site