[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

Same problem with yours.

If I understand correctly, the unlocker does not work for normal-class Mi members. You have to be some sort of premium member. @feds64 could explain things better in this rregard.
Thank you @cosmik it was stated by the administrator it has something to do with the ranks, but I knew that wasn't true, I was only a gold member when I got it and other account which is a junior and all when thru without all those trouble. Conclusion: there no definite answer and Xiaomi is just making us guess and make silly assumption in the situation. Just for a thinker, I do get some Device Team fellows not able to unlock too...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

I also have some problems unlocking boot-loader of my MI Note 3. I got the phone, I had Platinum account (fully set in security settings), the phone was bind with the account and the SIM card was inside phone. The phone was flashed successfully with China dev. ROM (via SPFlash Tool):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
But when I tried to unlock the boot-loader, on 50% there was an error that something went wrong with the verification of the device:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Please, if somebody have an idea what is happening or what I did wrong - share the knowledge.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Regards,

Merody

Last edited:
Wrong Version off China Dev. Please try with 5.12.31 Beta. It works perfect!

So , when i have the sms for unlock, i must flash again 5.12.31 ?
I had 5.12.31 and i flashed yesterday the SphinX v1d rom to get my language.

I flashed TWRP 6 Times. No way to Enter TWRP. My last chance was Flashify. TWRP done. And can be enter via Vol + and Power.
Great... On one note it is advisable to use the Flashify menu to get into recovery or bootloader/fastboot as one of my Redmi Note 3 buttons after too many times of flashing kinda of gave way, as in not functioning properly...

Great... On one note it is advisable to use the Flashify menu to get into recovery or bootloader/fastboot as one of my Redmi Note 3 buttons after too many times of flashing kinda of gave way, as in not functioning properly...

@feds64 hello friend, a question: Can you pass rom 12/05/31 depeloper to stable ROM via flastool? Error 6047 throws me, perhaps because it considers it downgrades? thanks in advance.

Enviado desde mi MI NOTE LTE mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
So , when i have the sms for unlock, i must flash again 5.12.31 ?
I had 5.12.31 and i flashed yesterday the SphinX v1d rom to get my language.

Its important tat you usw Official Xiaomi Developer 5.12.31.

When you are at SphinX C Rom you must.

1. Install Xiaomi Fastboot Rom 7.0.22
2. Update to Developer 5.12.31 via Updater App
3. Sign in to Mi Account and Start UnlockTool

Reactions: feds64
On the first line of this post I read: "You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff."

Ok, this is my (short) story:
1) First of all, I am Italian and I received my RN3 with custom ROM 7.00.77.00 with no update available. I solved this problem with this guide http://en.miui.com/thread-197451-1-1.html and with SP Flash Tool I started with original MIUI 7 Stable V7.0.16.0.LHNCNCJ
2) Then I flash the latest official Developer release with app Updater: MIUI 5.12.31 Weekly
3) I created xiaomi account with sim number and double check that its contains my RN3 on listed devices. Perfect!
4) Developer option and debug mode is also active

So, after this long procedure, I have all requirements on this guide, but it doesn't work.
When I start with fastboot and launch MiFlashUnlock.exe, its say that my account isn't able to unlock.
I know this fact and because of that I requested unlock to Xiaomi some days ago on http://www.miui.com/unlock/ (still waiting for sms), but I don't understand why you wrote "You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff".

I think this is an error, honestly, but I'll be happy if I am wrong and you explain me why...

Thanks and sorry for my bad bad english

Ciao simplemal. Riguardo alla frase "You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff." vuol dire semplicemente che quando ti arriva l'sms di conferma il tuo account e' abilitato allo sblocco del bootloader. Quindi quando vai ad usare MiFlashUnlock.exe e ti chiede di loggarti con il tuo Mi account essendo questo gia' abilitato non devi fare altro che aspettare il termine della procedura. Quindi per concludere se il Mi account non e' abilitato allo sblocco del bootloader la procedura non potra' mai andare a buon fine.

Hello simplemal. About the sentence "You do not need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff." it simply means that when you get a text message confirming, your account is enabled to unlock the bootloader. So when you go to use MiFlashUnlock.exe it asks you to log in with your account MI account and this is already enabled to unlock bootloader, you have to do nothing until the end of the procedure. So finally if the account is not enabled to unlock the bootloader the procedure can not never be successful.

Ciao simplemal. Riguardo alla frase "You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff." vuol dire semplicemente che quando ti arriva l'sms di conferma il tuo account e' abilitato allo sblocco del bootloader. Quindi quando vai ad usare MiFlashUnlock.exe e ti chiede di loggarti con il tuo Mi account essendo questo gia' abilitato non devi fare altro che aspettare il termine della procedura. Quindi per concludere se il Mi account non e' abilitato allo sblocco del bootloader la procedura non potra' mai andare a buon fine.

Hello simplemal. About the sentence "You do not need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff." it simply means that when you get a text message confirming, your account is enabled to unlock the bootloader. So when you go to use MiFlashUnlock.exe it asks you to log in with your account MI account and this is already enabled to unlock bootloader, you have to do nothing until the end of the procedure. So finally if the account is not enabled to unlock the bootloader the procedure can not never be successful.

The sentence "You don't need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff." is at least misleading. It is not stated clearly that whatever the tool, you still need to apply for the unlock code on xiaomi site. It seems fairly obvious to me that once you have the code you don't need to apply for an unlock code... Or did you just mean they don't send a code but just an authorization message?

Last edited:
@feds64 hello friend, a question: Can you pass rom 12/05/31 depeloper to stable ROM via flastool? Error 6047 throws me, perhaps because it considers it downgrades? thanks in advance.

You have to understand that all the dev rom for redmi note 3 run only via the updater. While the stable can be updated by both means, fastboot and updater... The fastboot file has an ext with tgz, while the normal updater file has a zip extension... Definitely you will get those problems...

Reactions: txeli32
The sentence "You don't need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff." is at least misleading. It is not stated clearly that whatever the tool, you still need to apply for the unlock code on xiaomi site. It seems fairly obvious to me that once you have the code you don't need to apply for an unlock code... Or did you just mean they don't send a code but just an authorization message?
Honestly, I have dealt with six accounts, 2 of mine and 4 of my friends... All went thru without any special criteria... I am wondering why ppl apply, I for one didn't do anything like that... Maybe its my IP or my computer and lappie ID, I am not even sure myself. Out of the six accounts I was dealing with mine being the highest level while the rest are new accounts, so I cannot deduce or even make a conclusion to how they went thru.... That's my testimony... So I guess you guy simply have to try... I do have ppl receiving the permission via sms, yet got stuck at the 50% thingy... I am puzzle too... Why is that? I have no clue...

Honestly, I have dealt with six accounts, 2 of mine and 4 of my friends... All went thru without any special criteria... I am wondering why ppl apply, I for one didn't do anything like that... Maybe its my IP or my computer and lappie ID, I am not even sure myself. Out of the six accounts I was dealing with mine being the highest level while the rest are new accounts, so I cannot deduce or even make a conclusion to how they went thru.... That's my testimony... So I guess you guy simply have to try... I do have ppl receiving the permission via sms, yet got stuck at the 50% thingy... I am puzzle too... Why is that? I have no clue...

When did the new accounts get approved? I think that in the first two weeks of december all DEV rom running devices were able to unlock, it did not matter which account they were running. Now you have to apply for the unlock, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: feds64

they don't send any code but just an authorization message. After you receive the message when you log in in your Mi account you be able to unlock bootloader.

Honestly I don't know. There seems to be no criteria. When the request is accepted they tell to wait 10 days and then write on the forums. I waited, I wrote but still my account isn't authorized. I can only go on waiting

You have to understand that all the dev rom for redmi note 3 run only via the updater. While the stable can be updated by both means, fastboot and updater... The fastboot file has an ext with tgz, while the normal updater file has a zip extension... Definitely you will get those problems...

Hi, thanks for your answer, extensions of the files I control the matter, the developer giving me failure is a clear .img! What I did not know was that you can not do fastboot flash ROM developer, only the stable, thank you very much brother!

When did the new accounts get approved? I think that in the first two weeks of december all DEV rom running devices were able to unlock, it did not matter which account they were running. Now you have to apply for the unlock, but I could be wrong.
I first got my first unit in mid December but had problem with the fingerprint sensor so I made a claim, and my second unit came like in the last week of Dec, so I have done twice and sequentially intervals of few days for my buddies unit... I did not have to do much, but to proceed as how I wrote in my tutorial... So it does confuse some or maybe a lot of ppl, but I wrote based on my own experience, and I knew of the difficulty after my tutorial was blocked for 24hrs after a number, but they release for viewing after checking the authenticity of the tutorial...

they don't send any code but just an authorization message. After you receive the message when you log in in your Mi account you be able to unlock bootloader.
Never receive any code or instruction to do anything else, I just use the mi flash unblock and all went thru, hence I made to think it was supposed to be the same for other, yet I started to get ppl telling my tutorial is not working and received complaint and my tutorial was shut down momentarily, but I had screen shot to prove that and I was away doing rooting and installing TWRP which I believe the management side knew it was OK...and working...

On one note, as far as we all know they are not coming out with the fastboot file for DEV rom, and they were talking about using the MiSuite to handle this restoring, backup and flashing in the future, so its like using iTune. BTW, some friends have received notification via OTA for MIUI 7.1.... I checked mine its not there yet...

Its important tat you usw Official Xiaomi Developer 5.12.31.

When you are at SphinX C Rom you must.

1. Install Xiaomi Fastboot Rom 7.0.22
2. Update to Developer 5.12.31 via Updater App
3. Sign in to Mi Account and Start UnlockTool

Look at this unique case, this is the second time it didn't for 5.12.31, yet working for Sphinx... Haha, I cant figure it out....
That the reply I got....
Hello. I finnally succese to unlock bootloader. Thanks.
But I have a question.
when I tried unlock on Official dev rom 5.12.31, it didn't work.
It stuck 50%.

then I tried SphinX v1d stable rom (7.0.22.0). Miflashunlocktool unlocked bootloader.
What's the problems on official dev rom?
It succesed on many Redmi Note3 with SphinX v1d.

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=199580&pid=3868533

This is even more interesting....
Go figure it out...
I am speechless...
Korea....JPG