[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

Can I use this on Note 3 PRO and Stable 7.3.6.0 or I should install something different on phone? Please answer.

Hello guys. I need some help. I have the xiaomi.eu flashable rom from here

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/flashtool-rom-xiaomi-eu.29354/

I also have unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP. The problem is that, when I enter to the recovery, I can't reboot or turn off the phone, it gets stuck when I try that. Every time I enter to the TWRP I need to reboot the phone pluging it to my PC and using "adb reboot" comand on the console.

Does anybody know if there will be any problem if I try to install the last xiaomi.eu rom (the miui 8 one) via TWRP? Or better, does anybody know how to fix the problem with the TWRP?

Thanks

EDIT: I already solved this. I just installed another TWRP from here:

This one is installed via TWRP. Once installed just reboot pressing the 3 physical buttons (Power, Vol+, and Vol-).

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995315411

This one can be installed via flashtool:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995315396

Both of them are the last version of TWRP at 2016/28/06 (Version 3.0.2).

Last edited:
Reactions: Fatih Karpuz
@sebsch1991

Thank you for your guide and all the work you do on making MIUI more awesome! Just a question though, I would like to apply your GPS config to the Redmi Note 3 PRO (Qualcomm) of my girlfriend, she currently runs the normal Xiaomi.EU rom. In the ZIP of your ROM from the sMiui kitchen I found your GPS settings but all the GPS.conf file's have exactly the same content. Is this maybe a bug in your kitchen? For example compare "stock" with "europe" and "southamerica", they are all the same.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? :)

The file: sMiUI_v8_kenzo_6.6.23_UNBLOM.zip

I would like to have the Europe and the south America GPS config's :)

Hallo!, my device is unlocked. For second step, I don't understand:Start a windows terminal in the directory where your patched TWRP Image and Fastboot exe is located.
Please explain!

as forum owner I can confirm the guides work, the files are all valid. If anyone has bricked their phone, well... No comment! there is no reason at all the Redmi Note 3 should brick.

TWRP works flawlessly... You are of course limited to unlocking 2 times per 30 days per Mi account login.

Process is simple... Make sure you are on Stable ROM 7.0.22 firstly then download the DEVELOPER ROM from miui.com which is currently 5.12.24

Flash using update the dev ROM first then visit the unlock download at http://bigota.d.miui.com/miflashunlock/MiFlashUnlock_latest.zip?0.5836578952148557 or http://obigota.d.miui.com/miflashunlock/MiFlashUnlock_latest.zip?0.5836578952148557

Run the tool and select the button on the left, assuming of course you flashed the official DEV ROM first. Then make sure the phone is signed into the Mi account and also the Windows APP is also signed into the same account. Press the button on the next screen and the bootloader will be unlocked within 20 seconds.

From there you can re-enter FASTBOOT mode and flash the TWRP in this thread. The multi language ROM link will be made public on our forums soon for all to download. Ask ingbrzy for the link if you need :)

Cheers,

Mark

Dear mark,
io don't understand : " there you can re-enter FASTBOOT mode and flash the TWRP in this thread."
How to flash TWRP?

Pleae let me know how to "Start a windows terminal in the directory where your patched TWRP Image and Fastboot exe is located." What software to use?
Unlock Bootloader

You can easily unlock your Bootloader with the following procedure. You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff.

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3
-- Developer ROM installed (stable will not work !!!)
-- working MI-Account (verified and SIM CARD activated)
-- Unlocking Software ( get it here )

1. Start your Phone running a developer ROM
  2. Proceed through the Setup Wizard
  3. Connect your Phone to your verified Mi-Account (Settings -> Accounts)
  4. Login to i.mi.com and make sure that your new RedMi Note 3 is connected to that Account. (It appears that it only works when you connected a SIM-Card/Phone Number to your Account - Can be from another phone but your Account must be linked to a SIM-Card.)
  5. Reboot your Phone to Fastboot Mode (Power + volume down)
  6. Connect your Phone via USB to your Computer
  7. Start the MiFlashUnlock.exe (find the link at REQUIREMENTS)
  8. Click the left Button (chinese text)
  9. Login with your Mi-Account you used to link your new Phone
  10. Press the Button with chinese Text and watch the show
  11. Your Bootloader is unlocked when the progressbar shows 100%.
  12. Reboot your phone.

Flash TWRP Recovery
You will need the TWRP recovery to root your device. Further you will be able to install Custom ROMs (like sMiUI) on your device.
I have linked an existing TWRP Image made by a guy called "cloud". Unfortunately he still had a bug in his version which cancelled ROM installations for the RedMi Note 3! I patched the TWRP Image and fixed this bug. So you will find a fully working TWRP Image in the Requirements.

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3
-- Unlocked Bootloader (see above)
-- TWRP Image File ( DOWNLOAD )
-- Fastboot Binaries (you can find a fastboot.exe in the Unlocking Software ZIP)

1. Boot your Phone to Fastboot Mode (Power + volume down)
  2. Connect your Phone via USB to your Computer
  3. Start a windows terminal in the directory where your patched TWRP Image and Fastboot exe is located.
  4. type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_redminote3_patchedBySebsch1991.img"
  5. Wait for the process to finish
  6. type "fastboot reboot"
  7. After your system comes up you can reboot to Recovery mode (Power + volume up)
  8. Enjoy your fully working TWRP Recovery

Enable ROOT Access

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3
-- SuperSU Zip-File ( DOWNLOAD )

1. Download the SuperSU Zip-File and copy it on your Phone
  2. Boot your Phone to Recovery Mode (Power + volume up)
  3. Chose "INSTALL"
  4. Chose the downloaded SuperSU Zip-File
  5. Wait for installation process to finish
  6. Reboot your Device
  7. Enjoy rooted RedMi Note 3!
Check out www.smiui.net for a pre-rooted ROM with many other Features! (redmi note 3 version coming soon)[/QUOTE]

Reactions: lucifer76
I proceed according with instructions. If I reboot in recovery mode appear a phone icon and I cannot do nothing ! This Phone ICON show if the cable is plug in or not.
What can be the problem? My phone is Redmi Note 3 MTK version. Current MIUI version: 8.6.7.7. Beta
Thank you!
Unlock Bootloader

You can easily unlock your Bootloader with the following procedure. You dont need to apply for any Unlock Code or other stuff.

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3

4. Login to i.mi.com and make sure that your new RedMi Note 3 is connected to that Account. (It appears that it only works when you connected a SIM-Card/Phone Number to your Account - Can be from another phone but your Account must be linked to a SIM-Card.)
  12. Reboot your phone.

Flash TWRP Recovery
You will need the TWRP recovery to root your device. Further you will be able to install Custom ROMs (like sMiUI) on your device.
I have linked an existing TWRP Image made by a guy called "cloud". Unfortunately he still had a bug in his version which cancelled ROM installations for the RedMi Note 3! I patched the TWRP Image and fixed this bug. So you will find a fully working TWRP Image in the Requirements.

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3
-- Fastboot Binaries (you can find a fastboot.exe in the Unlocking Software ZIP)

3. Start a windows terminal in the directory where your patched TWRP Image and Fastboot exe is located.
  7. After your system comes up you can reboot to Recovery mode (Power + volume up)

Enable ROOT Access

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3

3. Chose "INSTALL"
  6. Reboot your Device
Check out www.smiui.net for a pre-rooted ROM with many other Features! (redmi note 3 version coming soon)

3. Chose "INSTALL"
  6. Reboot your Device
Please let me know how/where to choose install? In recovery mode there is a phone picture where can see if the cable is plug in or not.
Thank you

Unlock Bootloader

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3

12. Reboot your phone.

Flash TWRP Recovery

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3

Enable ROOT Access

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3

3. Chose "INSTALL"
  6. Reboot your Device
Check out www.smiui.net for a pre-rooted ROM with many other Features! (redmi note 3 version coming soon)

I unlocked with success the phone, but I cannot install twrp. All what I tried have same result :a phone picture when I reboot in recovery mode. Maybe is installed and I don't know to open the program?

Unlock Bootloader

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3

12. Reboot your phone.

Flash TWRP Recovery

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3

Enable ROOT Access

REQUIREMENTS:
-- RedMi Note 3

3. Chose "INSTALL"
  6. Reboot your Device

Attachments

• IMG_20160710_152314.jpg
    IMG_20160710_152314.jpg
    901 KB · Views: 473
This is the only .IMG that allows me to install TWRP. The many others I have tried never work.

However, I am told I need a newer version of TWRP to install the EU ROM. Does anyone know any other .IMGs I may try or have other ideas?

Hello,
I've followed the tutorial.
I've successfully unlocked my device.
I've flashed TWRP also successfully.
But when I turn on the device with the power button + VolUP I get the black screen with the device and a white cable plugged to it(can't post the link cause i'm new here).

What should I do? I would like to install SuperSU and also the latest eu 7.5 stable rom afterwards.
I'm currently with the latest global developer rom : 6.8.4 (MIUI8).

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
I follow the guide step by step.
I made all correct like the guide tells, but when I reboot my phone in twrp mode I've the same error that Dragos Hedes put in the picture.
Can someone help me?
Maybe have I to flash another twrp image?
I've a redmi note 3 MTK phone.

I follow this guide: myandroidous .blogspot. it /2015/12/twrp-recovery-for-redmi-note-3 .html
Now TWRP works. I hope that all will go ok.

Hello,
I've followed the tutorial.
I've successfully unlocked my device.
I've flashed TWRP also successfully.
But when I turn on the device with the power button + VolUP I get the black screen with the device and a white cable plugged to it(can't post the link cause i'm new here).

What should I do? I would like to install SuperSU and also the latest eu 7.5 stable rom afterwards.
I'm currently with the latest global developer rom : 6.8.4 (MIUI8).

Thanks for your help.
You must to install TWRP again. After this install do not reboot the phone normally! First boot must be with Power=VolUp.

I signed with my main Xiaomi account (with 5 verified Xiaomi devices) but the tool says after 50% that it can't verify the device (red X sign).

Wysłano z MI Note
Hi, just try a reboot of your PC. Maybe your Phone too if this happens.

Hello. My Redmi Note 3 MTK is already granted access to unlock. Can I then skip step 1 in Guide and go directly to Flash TWRP Recovery? I currently don't have Developer ROM, but MIUI 8 6.8.18| Beta which has a lot of chinese in it, so I am looking for a ROM where I can use normal keyboard etc.

Hello. My Redmi Note 3 MTK is already granted access to unlock. Can I then skip step 1 in Guide and go directly to Flash TWRP Recovery? I currently don't have Developer ROM, but MIUI 8 6.8.18| Beta which has a lot of chinese in it, so I am looking for a ROM where I can use normal keyboard etc.
Granted access to unlock does not mean you have unlocked bootloader... You must do the procedure to unlock bootloader, and after you Can flash twrp. Your rom 6.8.18 Is china developer, so you can unlock with it without problems,

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefano131270
Granted access to unlock does not mean you have unlocked bootloader... You must do the procedure to unlock bootloader, and after you Can flash twrp. Your rom 6.8.18 Is china developer, so you can unlock with it without problems,

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes, I meant, I have successfully unlocked my device with China Developer. I am now looking to install EU ROM from this site, but I do not understand the instructions for flashing TWRP recovery.
I put the TWRP image in the directory of the MiFlash Unlock program where the fastboot.exe is located as that is the only way I can understand the instructions, but when running a terminal command in that directory I get the error message "cannot open 'TWRP_redminote3_patchedBySebsch1991.img'.

I have to say for an ultimate giude is this really not in depth for someone that is not very well versed in computers and phones.