unable to install applications from unknown sources

MurzynPG

Members
Jan 4, 2021
I have a soft Miui 12.5 - 21.1.6 and I would like to change the "themes" of the application because this version just annoys me. I have a theme app 1.9.1.4 installed and would like to downgrade to global 1.6.3.17 . Unfortunately, I cannot install it due to the message "The application cannot be installed from unknown sources". I tried both the beta APKmirror installer and the system app. I have set options to install from unknown sources but that doesn't help. Got an idea how to get around this?

Hope you can understand my english.

In the pictures "dozwolone” means „allowed” and „ instalator aplikacji ” means „application installer"

Last edited:
I have a soft Miui 12.5 - 21.1.6 and I would like to change the "themes" of the application because this version just annoys me. I have a theme app 1.9.1.4 installed and would like to downgrade to global 1.6.3.17 . Unfortunately, I cannot install it due to the message "The application cannot be installed from unknown sources". I tried both the beta APKmirror installer and the system app. I have set options to install from unknown sources but that doesn't help. Got an idea how to get around this?

Hope you can understand my english.

In the pictures "dozwolony ” oznacza „allowed” and „ instalator aplikacji ” oznacza „application installer"

.View attachment 33959View attachment 33958

update the SystemApps on your own risk, mostly you need root acces and changes on SystemApps can crash your phone!

to install SystemApps you can use this options/tools:
  • use TWRP
    • Mount -> mount "system" dont mark "as read only"
    • Advanced -> File Manager
    • change directory to your downloaded File and copy it
    • change directory to "\system\priv-app\MiuiHome\"
    • copy your file into this directory
    • rename "MiuiHome.apk" to "MiuiHome.apk.bkp"
    • rename "your file" to "MiuiHome.apk"
    • chmod 644 to "MiuiHome.apk"
    • reboot
  • Google Package Installer - downloadlink