Unable To Update To A Dev Rom (global/china)

Al Divina

Members
Jun 27, 2016
Hi,

I want to install the latest xiaomi.eu rom on my new RN3Pro which I bought from Gearbest.
It is currently running MIUI 7.2.13.00 | Stable (MIUI Global 7.2 | Stable LHOCNCL).
I have downloaded both latest Global and China DEV ROMs (en miui com/download-301 html). I used the "Choose update package" option, but both gets the error: "Can't verify update ; Couldn't verify update package".
Obviously, the phone is not yet rooted, bootloader is still not yet unlocked as I am still waiting for the approval.

Would appreciate any assistance on this issue, thanks! :)

To install a xiaomi.eu ROM you have to unlock bootloader then install a custom recovery (I would recommend Alka recovery).

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can get the bootloader unlocked when I get my application approved. My issue is that I am not on a Dev ROM (as stated on the first post). So my plan was to get to DEV ROM first, unlock bootloader, then custom recovery then install the ROM itself.

So to sum it up, my issue is being unable to get to a DEV rom :)

Try updating to Global Dev first

Press thanks if I helped

Last edited:
I did (as mentioned in first post). Both China and Global DEV roms. Both of them fail "Can't verify update ; Couldn't verify update package".
Tried to ensure the downloaded files were not corrupted (downloading 4 times on both roms, testing the archives for any errors etc..) to no avail.

I did (as mentioned in first post). Both China and Global DEV roms. Both of them fail "Can't verify update ; Couldn't verify update package".
Tried to ensure the downloaded files were not corrupted (downloading 4 times on both roms, testing the archives for any errors etc..) to no avail.
Hmm weird i suggest you to wait for the unlocking approval and install a custom recovery

You have custom rom.

First flash offical stable rom, after that flash dev rom via Updater.

Procedure working 100% ... link in picture :D

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 467
When I got my redmi note 3 pro on the first day, put in sim card and 128gb external sd card. From global rom used updater successfully upgraded to global dev rom. After officially unlocked the bootloader. Used mi flash to flash a cn dev rom and actvated the native root. Used flashify to flash cofface twrp. Used it to reflash the cn dev rom and superSU. Later I changed to alka twrp. And now I was on miui8 latest cn dev rom and enjoying my rn3.
45f84f35356452c743dde273cfad0348.jpg
e63b386997034a9194930b7311fde1e0.jpg
00b17370cb8acdc42b510fe54617b723.jpg