Unlock Bootloader Mi5/mi5 Pro Global Stable 7.2.4 Guide

kutbinahar

Members
Aug 7, 2012
Hii

My hate and anger is calm today and once again in love with miui with my mi5 pro

Here i will guide you if you want to install custom rom u need to unlock Bootloader and install custom recovery.

Following are the possible hurdles which might make you frustrated :

1) unlocking bootloader will give error account is different from the device error.

2) new MI flash beta gives success as results but nothing is flashed its the same

3) mi flash old gives error remote device is locked cannot erase data.

4) installing any rom via updater app gives error cannot verify update!!

So before going to the solution please please please REMEMBER THIS THING CAREFULLY THAT BACKUP ALL YOUR DEVICE DATA INCLUDING PHOTOS ND APPLICATION USING LOCAL BACKUPS OF MIUI AND COPY ALL TO THE COMPUTER.

I HAVE LOST ALL MY DATA COZ MIUI ERASE EVERYTHING

STEPS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER

1) install the latest global beta/ developer miui 6.5.30. ONLY THIS ROM CAN BE INSTALLED ALL OTHER ROM WILL GIVE CANNOT VERIFY UPDATE ERROR. Please backup everything to the pc coz installing this will wipe everything and after choosing zip file be patience until it process completely coz it will make you feel that its stuck do leave the phone and go for a coffee coz actually its working.

2) go to developer option and enable usb debugging once you have installed successfully the global developer /beta version 6.5.30

3) now put your phone in fastboot mode and open mi unlock application and login with your same mi account which is signed on the Device ( for no errors sign in with your mobile number instead email on both phone and mi unlock app). After a while you will be smiling coz your app will show 100 percent success and finally the bootloader is unlocked.

But be sure coz it will wipe out all your phone once again and will make you cry also if you have no backup on pc.

STILL DON'T RESTORE YOUR DATA COZ IN THE LAST STEP IT WILL WIPE YOUR DATA AGAIN.

4) create a shortcut of command prompt and put in the same folder of mi unlock app and right click command prompt icon and click properties and then delete everything in the startup text this will make your command prompt run in the same folder. And start command prompt.

5) now download twrp recovery zip file and extract the img file in the same folder of command prompt and mi unlock app.

6) now in the command prompt write this and hit enter FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY TWRP.IMG
Please replace twrp.img with the name you extracted the twrp recovery img file most probably it will be recovery.img

7) once the recovery is successfully flashed start your phone in recovery TWRP will ask you for system readonly just slide it on right.

8) then TWRP will ask you decryption password just skip it.

9) NOW GO TO WIPE AND WIPE DATA JUST SLIDE IT RIGHT and once and last time it will wipe all content on storage as it was previously encrypted.

10) finally you are free to install any rom in my case i love xiaomi.eu rom which has very nice features for a non Chinese user and you will see in the settings >>additional settings >> privacy
That encryption is disabled.

I have done all this and phone is running dashing smooth with twrp and freedom to install anything

Love to xiaomi.eu
More love to twrp
More more love to miui

HOPE THIS WILL HELP ANYONE WHO IS FADEUP AFTER PURCHASING MI5 ONLINE AND LOVE CUSTOM ROMS

I got a vendor rom and can´t get the dev rom because it says: couldn´t verify update.
What now?

Do I need to be accepted by registering on miui official page to unlock bootloader following this procedure? or is this the shortcut in case one is not accepted?

Hii

My hate and anger is calm today and once again in love with miui with my mi5 pro

Here i will guide you if you want to install custom rom u need to unlock Bootloader and install custom recovery.

Following are the possible hurdles which might make you frustrated :

1) unlocking bootloader will give error account is different from the device error.

2) new MI flash beta gives success as results but nothing is flashed its the same

3) mi flash old gives error remote device is locked cannot erase data.

4) installing any rom via updater app gives error cannot verify update!!

So before going to the solution please please please REMEMBER THIS THING CAREFULLY THAT BACKUP ALL YOUR DEVICE DATA INCLUDING PHOTOS ND APPLICATION USING LOCAL BACKUPS OF MIUI AND COPY ALL TO THE COMPUTER.

I HAVE LOST ALL MY DATA COZ MIUI ERASE EVERYTHING

STEPS TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER

1) install the latest global beta/ developer miui 6.5.30. ONLY THIS ROM CAN BE INSTALLED ALL OTHER ROM WILL GIVE CANNOT VERIFY UPDATE ERROR. Please backup everything to the pc coz installing this will wipe everything and after choosing zip file be patience until it process completely coz it will make you feel that its stuck do leave the phone and go for a coffee coz actually its working.

2) go to developer option and enable usb debugging once you have installed successfully the global developer /beta version 6.5.30

3) now put your phone in fastboot mode and open mi unlock application and login with your same mi account which is signed on the Device ( for no errors sign in with your mobile number instead email on both phone and mi unlock app). After a while you will be smiling coz your app will show 100 percent success and finally the bootloader is unlocked.

But be sure coz it will wipe out all your phone once again and will make you cry also if you have no backup on pc.

STILL DON'T RESTORE YOUR DATA COZ IN THE LAST STEP IT WILL WIPE YOUR DATA AGAIN.

4) create a shortcut of command prompt and put in the same folder of mi unlock app and right click command prompt icon and click properties and then delete everything in the startup text this will make your command prompt run in the same folder. And start command prompt.

5) now download twrp recovery zip file and extract the img file in the same folder of command prompt and mi unlock app.

6) now in the command prompt write this and hit enter FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY TWRP.IMG
Please replace twrp.img with the name you extracted the twrp recovery img file most probably it will be recovery.img

7) once the recovery is successfully flashed start your phone in recovery TWRP will ask you for system readonly just slide it on right.

8) then TWRP will ask you decryption password just skip it.

9) NOW GO TO WIPE AND WIPE DATA JUST SLIDE IT RIGHT and once and last time it will wipe all content on storage as it was previously encrypted.

10) finally you are free to install any rom in my case i love xiaomi.eu rom which has very nice features for a non Chinese user and you will see in the settings >>additional settings >> privacy
That encryption is disabled.

I have done all this and phone is running dashing smooth with twrp and freedom to install anything

Love to xiaomi.eu
More love to twrp
More more love to miui

HOPE THIS WILL HELP ANYONE WHO IS FADEUP AFTER PURCHASING MI5 ONLINE AND LOVE CUSTOM ROMS

SOLVED

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the great description i have one question @kutbinahar after step 9 the phone will be erased, how can i choose the zip file of the ROM i want to install in step 10?