Tutorial Unlock Lte Baseband 20 (qualcomm Only)

Rainer

Members
Nov 12, 2013
Following an additional guide to make the below mentioned xda-developers guide really working to unlock LTE baseband 20 and to modify the available basebands as individual as you want. This guide works only for phones with Qualcomm CPU’s not for such with Mediatek CPU’s. That means it does not work for the Redmi Note 4 and others equipped with a Mediatek processor.

Following some clarifications about Xioami phones and LTE 20. All Xiaomi phones are able to enable LTE 20. But officially Xioami dos not. Xioami sells only in the Asian markets and there baseband 20 is not used. In Europe basebands 3/7/20 are used and especially in Germany band 20 (800MHz) is important to have. Further the specifications on their own website are not correct about the enabled LTE basebands. I bought a Redmi 3S, Redmi Note 3, Redmi 4 and a Redmi Note 4 all from Xiaomi directly in China. Originally the phones were enabled as following:

Redmi 3S and Redmi 4: FDD-LTE: B3/B7 and TDD-LTE: B38/B39/B40/B41
Redmi Note 3 and Redmi Note 4: FDD-LTE: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8 TDD-LTE: B38/B39/B40/B41
What does it mean: Redmi 3S and Redmi 4 can be used limited in Europe for LTE and Redmi Note 3 and Redmi Note 4 can be used limited in Europe and USA for LTE.

Baseband 20 is missing in any case.

Prerequisites:
The following steps are on your own risk. First the phone must be turned into diag mode. The code *#*#717717#*#* did not work for my phones. Start Minimal ADB. Connect the phone via USB cable and then use the following commands:
  • adb devices
  • adb shell
  • su (confirm in your phone)
  • setprop sys.usb.config diag
Now the phone is in diag mode. Open the device manager and install all drivers.

After that follow the guide from xda-developers. It worked for me very reliable. Enjoy full LTE connectivity.