Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Chinese version in Sweden will it work with 4G and 5G?

SpectraXxX

Members
Apr 24, 2020
Hello, guys, I am new here and do not have so much tech knowledge please bear with me with these following questions, I would appreciate all the help.

I am gonna buy a Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 512gb 12gb ram version, but there is no one selling at Sweden at the moment any, they only sell 256gb version.
So I looked and found a Chinese version with 512gb for less price than the 256gb tax included and all. The thing is that I asked the website support that sells this Chinese version if the 4g and 5g will work in Sweden and they replied this.

"
1. Will the phone work in Sweden?
Yes, please check below with your carrier.
4G BANDS
FDD-LTE :B1 / B3 / B4 / B5 / B7 / B8 / B12 / B17
TDD-LTE :B34 / B38 / B39 / B40 / B41
5G BANDS
5G n41 / n78 / n79
"

Then I contacted my provider and they reply like this

"I just talked to our technicians, and most likely it will not work and if it does then you will probably have problems with the frequency bands as this phone is shaped according to the Chinese frequencies they have in their 4G network."

So anyone from Sweden or another EU country who has more knowledge and can explain to me what can go wrong or if it will work out? I mean I really wanna buy one if it works out because I save a lot of money then paying for 256gb and for less gb storage and loosing 300 usd.

Do the EU versions that Swedish stores sell have other specs that work with our bands or is it all about flashing right ROM?

Thank you for reading and I wish you all a good day.

hello
yes it will work well but not 100% in regard of the LTE 4G band, because B20 in use in your country is not set.
Use the frequency checker in this site:
Your provider's tech gave you a useless commercial answer, as usual.
Anyway my personal word is to buy a Global version for several other aspect.

Maybe a bit late, but the 4G will work, just not as well as the global version.
As in, it will work fine in cities and larger towns, but for the countryside it will only work well with Tele2 and Telenor since they have both B8 and B20, while Telia and 3 only use B20 which is not available on Chinese versions.

For 5G I have no idea.