Unlock Or Not Unlock.. That Is The Question!

PepePicapiedras

Members
Jan 6, 2017
Hello..
I am new to all this, I have bought a redmi 3 pro and I have installed a rom.eu with which I am very comfortable.
A little to try things, a little to learn things and another bit because I read so many times to unlock the bootloader, I ended up asking for the official authorization and this morning I received it.
Now I am in the dilemma of unlocking or not, I really do not know if to do it.
Could someone explain to me what I can do with an unlocked bootloader that I can not do by having a rom myself?
Many thanks to all and happy new year!

Hi,
I'll tell you the reason I unlocked my bootloader.
Firstly this is my first Xiaomi device so after a lot of reading forums, seeing all the different Roms for this device, the Pros & Cons I wanted a ROM that had good English forum support & had a good user base.

Have you seen the rubbish Forum at en.miui.com? It's so hard to find anything over there let alone get a decent responses or answers to your questions.

While I think the Official Xiaomi Roms are okay (I have tested them) they are definitely not as refined as the ones produced here at Xiaomi.eu.

So by default to flash or update the ROMs provided here you need an unlocked bootloader & TWRP.

My second reason is Root support but that is user dependant on what you require 'Root' for. If you don't know what it's for then you don't need it.

Thirdly is the ability to backup my entire System & Data from TWRP very quickly & efficiently because backups are important to me.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I'll tell you the reason I unlocked my bootloader.
Firstly this is my first Xiaomi device so after a lot of reading forums, seeing all the different Roms for this device, the Pros & Cons I wanted a ROM that had good English forum support & had a good user base.

Have you seen the rubbish Forum at en.miui.com? It's so hard to find anything over there let alone get a decent responses or answers to your questions.

While I think the Official Xiaomi Roms are okay (I have tested them) they are definitely not as refined as the ones produced here at Xiaomi.eu.

So by default to flash or update the ROMs provided here you need an unlocked bootloader & TWRP.

My second reason is Root support but that is user dependant on what you require 'Root' for. If you don't know what it's for then you don't need it.

Thirdly is the ability to backup my entire System & Data from TWRP very quickly & efficiently because backups are important to me.

Hello..
First of all thank you very much for your answer!
I do not understand at all, perhaps because of my lack of experience in the subject.
In my case I did not need to unlock my downloader to flash the rom of xiaomi.eu and with it also the TWRP, also to update to version 8, so in my case is not a valid reason to unlock it.
Therefore the whole forum refers to the ROM that I have installed, the forum also do not see it as a reason to unlock my downloader.
The same TWRP gives me the option to install SuperSu, it is not necessary to unlock bootloader.
Anyway (in my case) the greatest utility of root would be to remove all those garbage applications that in this rom are not.
As I have TWRP I also periodically do nandroid backup, I do not need to unlock.
Any other reason to unlock it?

Where did you buy it from that had Xiaomi.eu ROM & TWRP preflashed? I would be concerned if that's the case.

Also your bootloader should be locked from factory but as you have TWRP your bootloader is already unlocked.

Your OP is a little confusing..

Maybe the confusion is due to my ignorance of the English language, I use google to translate.

I did not buy the terminal with the rom of xiaomi.eu but with another one that had a thousand problems, I flashed myself following a tutorial on the internet, but apparently did not let me put the address.

Just download the rom that indicated the article, the flashee in fastboot and I stayed with RTPW, when the version miui 8 came out, I just had to update.

That the bootloader is blocked and well blocked is confirmed by fastboot
$ Sudo fastboot oem device-info
(Bootloader) Device tampered: false
(Bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(Bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
(Bootloader) Display panel:
OKAY [0.006s]
Finished. Total time: 0.006s