Unlocked Bl. What's Next?

Eduard Lind

Members
Feb 11, 2016
Hi everyone!

Just unlocked bootloader, but still can't get updates. What should I do else to have a new updates via OTA?

first install twrp recovery then install the latest xiaomi.eu build, latest stable 7.1.8.0 is recommended if you dont need root (otherwise supersu can be installed from twrp anytime)

Reactions: Eduard Lind
first install twrp recovery then install the latest xiaomi.eu build, latest stable 7.1.8.0 is recommended if you dont need root (otherwise supersu can be installed from twrp anytime)
Thanks for answer! Could you tell me, or give a link, how to install twrp recovery? I read a lot of topics, but they all do it differently? Do you know the safest method? I also read that twrp need root anyway(
I have now 6.1.1 Dev(from xiaomi.eu), but I want to install stable build with OTA updates.

i cant post links as i am a new user but in the main RM3 thread where you posted yours too there is a sticky topic:
[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3
copy the xiaomi.eu rom (xiaomi.eu_multi_hennessy_V7.1.8.0.LHNCNCK_v7-5.0) to your sd card then reboot to fastboot mode (power & vol-), install twrp as written in the guide, use twrp version recommended in the roms download section (you can unpack the .img) i couldnt install it under latest chinese developer rom, then turn off the phone long pressing the power button, dont boot stock miui as it owerwrites the custom recovery at every start, now turn on the phone with recovery (power & vol+) and now you are in twrp, select wipe, do it (user data wont be deleted) then install the rom after that just reboot

Thanks for advise, i've tried it, but on this step:

"3.Start a windows terminal in the directory where your patched TWRP Image and Fastboot exe is located."

I stopped, because my PC don't see the Phone in Recovery mode......have Win 10 Pro x64, any ideas why this happens?