Update Problems, Shop/custom Rom -> Official Rom

Speedy91

Members
Jan 5, 2017
Hi!
I have a locked Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Prime (3gb/64gb) with MIUI 8.0.5.0 Stable (Custom Rom applied by the shop, for supporting german language)
I cant update the phone due to "cant connect to wifi", even with connected wifi (it is working, all apps can use it). Also updating via zip file failes due to "verify failed".
I alrdy asked for a unlock, but this will take some more time i guess. When i get the unlock permissions i cant unlock due to no official rom i guess, so i looked up how i can flash a official rom.
I am working on a linux machine, with running newest SPFlash tool, fastboot, adb, MTek drivers, etc. soooo... my pre setup should be complete i guess.

Next steps would be to flash back the official ROM via SPFlash tool / fastboot with following fastboot stuff:
Redmi Note 4 MTK Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download
Loading the scatter file into SP, check all (including preload and crust) and using firmwareupgrade (cause i come from a custom rom), and run download, etc. etc.

Will this work?
Are my steps correct?
All tutorials i found on google, using a older version of SPFlash and using a 8.0.x.x (mostly 8.0.4.0 or 8.0.3.0). Will this have any negative effect, if i flash with the newest versions?

If i want to switch to xiaomi.eu ROM later, would it be better if i use the "Redmi Note 4 MTK Latest Global Developer Version Fastboot File Download" directly?

Thank you for any help

I had the same problem trying to update via the update app.. "Can't verify Zip" or something like that.
Might have something to do with the fake vendor ROM.
That's why we use the SP flash tools method on XDA.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Btw, Global Developer wasn't available when I flashed & unlocked mine so I used China Developer.. I don't think it matters tbh & it's only for the unlock process as I believe the vendor ROM does not have the unlock options inside of "Developer Options"
As below.

502850cdfc9b21479ac1e8715d55e69d.jpg

f89bcf9abc3b909fca1800eeb0a23a3d.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
If i just want to have the global rom, can i just stop after flashing with SPFlash? Will i get the updates afterwards?
(without unlocking the bootloader)

Yeah sure you can stop before unlocking & I believe you will get OTA updates..

But in my opinion the Xiaomi.eu ROM is far superior & only requires you to manually download the updates & apply them via the updater app or TWRP.
Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk