Update Procedure - Stable Xiaomieu Roms

Palidzi

Members
Dec 21, 2016
Hi all, I would like to get a simple guide how to correctly (without bricking, etc) update Xiaomi EU ROMs - I'm currently on 8.0.10.0 and would like to update to latest stable 8.2.3.0. I think my bootloader is still unlocked as I did the first update from vendor ROM to XiaomiEU following the guide from this forum "All-in-one Guide Compilation On How To Flash..."
Thanks in advance

Um there are several instructions on the forum and other forums. It's kinda straight forward. Unlock by requesting from MI unlock site. After that install dev rom from xiaomi using fastboot method, also on xiaomi download site and after that flash twrp using fastboot method. After all that is done install eu rom

Skickat från min MI 5s Plus via Tapatalk

I already have XiaomiEU ROM. My question is: how to do the update between 2 stable versions of XiaomiEU ROM?

Simply download the ROM to your phone, open the updater app and select choose update package.
It will then go through the process and reboot into recovery to update it automatically.

Well going from stable to stable you just flash it and when done clear cache and dalvik before you choose reboot.

The updater app is the cleaner way to do it. Updating in recovery directly is a dirty flash. Either of which will probably be fine.
You can do a backup of your ROM in recovery first (assuming you have twrp) or use an app like Titanium backup

Doing update in updater app is the same. It still boots in to twrp but initiates the update by it self. The main difference is that the file gets deleted when updating straight from the updater app.

It's still done in twrp

It's not exactly the same. It initiates the openrecoveryscript in twrp so it runs an update of the existing ROM. Flashing it manually just installs over the top of the existing ROM.

Hello, similar question... How can I update from weekly to stable xiaomi.eu? I'm currently on weekly 6.12.22, cause of best battery optimization, but as I never update weeklies I'd like to jump to stables... Any help?

Enviado de meu MI 5s usando Tapatalk

Hi guys, quick question - does this simple update process via updater app work also for the update from 8.2.3.0 (android 6) to 9.1.2.0 (android 7)? Or in other words, does android as such need to be updated separately or is it part of Xiaomi EU ROM?

Hi guys, quick question - does this simple update process via updater app work also for the update from 8.2.3.0 (android 6) to 9.1.2.0 (android 7)? Or in other words, does android as such need to be updated separately or is it part of Xiaomi EU ROM?
Is part of the rom. Newest operative system are rom parts don't worry :) an OS are so many files runned so update directly and if you want you can do a factory reset to enjoy the new OS

Hello. I just tried to update my Mi5S from the latest MIUI 8 Xiaomi EU stable version to the lastest MIUI 9 Xiaomi EU stable version through the Updater app.

The decrypting phase succeeded and asked for a reboot. Then the install automatically started n TWRP but failed during the process. The phone rebooted and remained in boot loop....

Fortunately, I made a backup just before and I could restored the system in its previous status.

Any idea why it didn't work?

Hello. I just tried to update my Mi5S from the latest MIUI 8 Xiaomi EU stable version to the lastest MIUI 9 Xiaomi EU stable version through the Updater app.

The decrypting phase succeeded and asked for a reboot. Then the install automatically started n TWRP but failed during the process. The phone rebooted and remained in boot loop....

Fortunately, I made a backup just before and I could restored the system in its previous status.

Any idea why it didn't work?
I have successfully flashed the latest MIUI 9 stable version directly in TWRP without using the Updater app. I performed a wipe cache and dalvik and everything seems to work at the moment.
Still don't know why it didn't work with Updater app...

Reactions: Founy