Usb Otg Problems With Mi 5s Running Xiaomi.eu Rom

ZenXXII

Members
Nov 8, 2016
Hi there! So it's my first time using my USB OTG cable on my Mi 5s running xiaomi.eu rom and I can't get the phone to detect it no matter what I do.

I'm using a newly bought USB OTG cable from a reputable brand:
www. silvertec. com/product-page/8675bbaa-638b-4cf5-6a65-defab91f74a9
And I have used this before with the Chinese Stable ROM and it was at least able to detect it, even though it forces USB's to be formatted to FAT32.

At first I thought it may just be a file system incompatibility so I tried formatting it to FAT32/exFAT/NTFS, but they all failed to detect the USB. No errors, no pop-up messages saying "can't detect file system; do you want to format?", no nothing.

I then thought this may be an unsupported driver issue so I researched the net and installed "StickMount". I have root access via SuperSU and granted it permissions but all I get when I mount my USBs with it are "The mount service is busy" messages.

I tried toggling other possible USB/Security(blocking/permission) related settings such as enabling/disabling USB debug, enabling unknown sources permissions, opening the Security app and disabling the permission manager. NONE have worked.

I don't really like cluttering my phone memory with tons of movies/anime/tv shows so I save them on a USB and transfer them as I consume my media. Can anyone help?

I tried what you said and this is all I got:
zvHcy9g.png

at1ohMP.png

Still nothing happens when I plug in my OTG+USB.

Last edited:
I loaded TWRP went to Advanced>File Manager>
The only folder I saw relevant was "usb-otg" and when I open it, with my OTG+USBs attached, all I find is an (Up A Level) option. It didn't detect the files I had on it. I tried 2 USB flash drives on it:
1 Sandisk 16gb FAT32
1 Sandisk 128gb exFAT

I also tried what you said via adb but to no avail:
wwd6vq.jpg

Last edited:
Also, do you think me using Wipe>Format Data has anything to do with this problem? When I was trying to flash the xiaomi.eu ROM the 1st time, I did that, and it caused the phone to bootloop. I then just recovered via fastboot and miflash.

Do you think formatting the phone via TWRP deleted drivers or something?

Uhh. Any help guys? Have some of you tried using USB OTG cables on your Mi 5s's running xiaomi.eu ROMs and have a similar problem?