Using a custom kernel while converting /data and /cache into f2fs

Dec 6, 2019
What's up guys? I have a question for y'all! I have been trying to use the Evira kernel for the Mi 9 (smash that mf link right here to see the kernel description) and I do not know if I have been reading the damn thing right. I was told to change the file system of /data and /cache (not Dalvik and Art, seriously) from EXT4 into f2fs. I've tried to flash the kernel via TWRP and convert the file systems to backing up dtbo, vendor, and data images. all of those methods have all came to the same result. And that is a single continuous bootloop. I've had this running for about 3 hours seeing if it was trying to write something but it wasn't. It was almost like it was just sitting there waiting for someone (or something in this case) to tell it what to do. If any of you have insight, advice, or found some instructions that I can use please reply to this. Any and all is very much appreciated!

Edit: The ROM is xiaomi.eu 11.0.5.0 Stable. Dev ROM's will not work. The device is the Xiaomi Mi 9 (6+128)

Last edited: