"waiting For Wifi..." In Ch Play

Thanks à lot. That seems to be working for me.
Done for 2 hours and I'm still able to install or update in Google play.

Thanks very much.

Reactions: spideman3
I'm not sure it's just a Google issue, I think it's connected somehow to MIUI. If you look for "Play Store Waiting for Wi-Fi issue" on Google or similar search keywords, 99% of the results you'll find are coming from Xiaomi / MIUI forums. I didn't hear any report about a similar issue from friends with other brands' phones with Android 7.0.

Reactions: spideman3 and sebip
Is absolutely right only xiaomi devices with nougat.

Στάλθηκε από το MI 5 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Yes, I confirm it's specific to Nougat. Due to other issues with the new Android 7.0 based ROM, I rolled back my Mi5 to the latest Stable Global Version based on Android 6.0.1 (8.1.4.0) and the problem doesn't happen.

This happened to me after a factory reset. My solution:
1 - logoff my account, logoff google account.
2 - reboot to recovery.
3 - wipe cache, dalvik, data.
4 - install your miui.eu .zip
5 - wipe cache and dalvik.
6 - reboot system.
7 - Set up your mobile with your mi account and google account without restoring old backup.
Or
Try to log off your google account, clear cache / data google play app and uninstall updates. Then enter the google account.
Good luck

Reactions: spideman3
This problem is indeed strange. Since I installed 8.2.1.0 some weeks ago, I had no problem whatsoever (I upgraded from 8.1.6.0, didn't wipe data), but yesterday I got the dreaded "Waiting for Wi-Fi" message in Google Play. I retried the app update download a couple times, to no avail, then left the phone alone for a couple hours. When I checked it again... The app had downloaded and installed correctly!

Does anyone have a clue of what's going on? There are people saying that it's a Google Play Services /Store problem, but then we would be seeing it in other phones as well, probably. A quick Google search doesn't show this to be a widespread problem in Android devices, rather it seems focused on Xiaomi devices (with official MIUI - a lot of complaints on their forum about this, and also with .EU).

Reactions: liberato1978
I think I will try 8.1.6 again this weekend.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

Problem is fixed in "Mi5 v8.2.2.0 NAAMIEB" (also 4 cores working and screen brightness fixed).
Waiting for EU version ;)

So is this the official link? I don't know why they don't replace the link with this new working update.

Sent from my Mi 5
Yes, it's official link, Today Xiaomi started to push OTA update 8.2.2.0 to random users, I think they want to make sure there will be no more issue with Play store with this update, once it's confirm then they will up the new 8.2.2.0 link.

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

There are several users on en.miui.com reporting that this update fixed the Play Store problem (then again, it would be wise to wait and see... I used 8.2.1.0 for weeks before the problem appeared). Anyway, it's good news! Now we only need to wait for China Stable, as .EU is based on that release.