"waiting For Wifi..." In Ch Play

How to fix this issue on Mi5 8.2.1.0 EU stable rom completely? ( I try all ways in this thread but it still happen after few hours using)

My problem got fixed after change the Play Store Setting under : Settings->Auto-Update apps->Auto-Update apps at any time.

Then clear data and unistall update play store,

My problem got fixed after change the Play Store Setting under : Settings->Auto-Update apps->Auto-Update apps at any time.

Then clear data and unistall update play store,
That works... but it's not really a fix, it's a workaround, really. It involves keeping and using an out-of-date Play Store version. Xiaomi seemingly fixed it on 8.2.2.0 Global Stable, hope the fix gets carried to China Stable soon so that we can have a .EU build of it.

That works... but it's not really a fix, it's a workaround, really. It involves keeping and using an out-of-date Play Store version. Xiaomi seemingly fixed it on 8.2.2.0 Global Stable, hope the fix gets carried to China Stable soon so that we can have a .EU build of it.

Better than doesn't able to use play store. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaime DLH
I face the same problem. I want to mention that this started happening today. I have this ROM about a month and google play updates were just fine. So it might be a google play problem

Edit:
Followed this steps and worked:
-Force Stop
-Clear Cache
-Uninstall Updates
-Stopped Auto-updates

Nice, worked for me too

I face the same problem. I want to mention that this started happening today. I have this ROM about a month and google play updates were just fine. So it might be a google play problem

Edit:
Followed this steps and worked:
-Force Stop
-Clear Cache
-Uninstall Updates
-Stopped Auto-updates
This workaround works for me too - thanks very much.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I know this sound silly but how could i uninstall updates of google play stor. Mine seems to not have the button in installed apps>Google play

I know this sound silly but how could i uninstall updates of google play stor. Mine seems to not have the button in installed apps>Google play
I think you should to set auto update ]to auto in CH play setting to let the app update itself, then uninstall that update > turn off wifi > open CH play > go to setting > set auto update off again. This sounds stupid but if it works, it ain't stupid
I'm going to install 8.2.2.0 now, everyone say the problem is solved with xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.2.2.0.NAACNEB_v8-7.0

Edit: After updating the phone to 8.2.2.0, I can confirm that the problem is solved in this rom

Last edited: