New [Weekly 20.11.18] Mi 10 Ultra - inconsistent font application

TehKwak

Members
Oct 15, 2020
Hi there,

Not sure if this is being posted to the right forum (still fairly new here).

Was on 20.9.24 Weekly and updated to 20.11.18 today. Reinstalled Magisk as device didn't pass safety net (not sure if this is cause of the problem). I used a font called Milan Pro 12 (similar to the stock MIUI 12 font) which previously worked fine, but now on this build certain 3rd party apps don't use this font.

All menus, all stock apps and some 3rd party apps are fine - but others like WhatsApp, my news apps (BBC news for example), and Facebook are using a different font. I've tried redownloading and reapplying the fonts to no luck. I've tried other fonts from the store and the same problem persists. I know it's nothing major but it's just a small lapse in the continuity of the phone and I don't enjoy having to read Arial in certain apps.

I attach a couple of screenshots - BBC Sport app is using the custom font, the smaller WhatsApp grab is how it used to look using the custom font and the larger one is how it looks today.

Many thanks for your help!!

Screenshot_2020-11-23-18-39-21-553_uk.co.bbc.android.sportdomestic.jpgIMG_20201123_184518.jpgIMG_20201123_184230.jpg

Reactions: David Okiring
Hi there,

Not sure if this is being posted to the right forum (still fairly new here).

Was on 20.9.24 Weekly and updated to 20.11.18 today. Reinstalled Magisk as device didn't pass safety net (not sure if this is cause of the problem). I used a font called Milan Pro 12 (similar to the stock MIUI 12 font) which previously worked fine, but now on this build certain 3rd party apps don't use this font.

All menus, all stock apps and some 3rd party apps are fine - but others like WhatsApp, my news apps (BBC news for example), and Facebook are using a different font. I've tried redownloading and reapplying the fonts to no luck. I've tried other fonts from the store and the same problem persists. I know it's nothing major but it's just a small lapse in the continuity of the phone and I don't enjoy having to read Arial in certain apps.

I attach a couple of screenshots - BBC Sport app is using the custom font, the smaller WhatsApp grab is how it used to look using the custom font and the larger one is how it looks today.

Many thanks for your help!!

View attachment 33011View attachment 33013View attachment 33012
I'm facing the same problem. My favorite fonts cant apply to all the third party Apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. It's really annoying. kindly let me know if there's a workaround for it.