Welcome Mi Max 2 Users!

Breaking News!!!!!!

The official Global rom 8.5.4.0 has been released by Xiaomi minutes ago! Both the Fastboot and Recovery rom are available for download!

Reactions: Geheimnis12
sir kelvin and sir geheimnis, can u guide me to a link on how to use twrp recovery for installation of eu global rom. i have china stable rom on my mimax2 now. i have read so many threads, and all i can find is guide for installation of twrp, and not how to use twrp. i have only used mi flash, and mi flash recovery for changing roms. it is my first time and im scared to mess up my phone. please help me.

What rom is in your Mi Max 2 now!

One post above this. Xiaomi has finally released the official global rom 8.5.4.0!

If you are on Global 8.5.2.0, you may wanna check System Update now!

Unless you still wanna twrp to eu rom 8.5.10...

Reactions: mlepuge
anyone tried the 8.5.4 global? any review? how is it compared to china 8.5.10?

I have flashed to it and I have decided sticking to global 8.5.4.0.

To my surprise. Its speed and smoothness is better than China 8.5.10 for sure amid missing few extra tones as well as few common bugs found as in eu rom 8.5.10 package and China stable rom 8.5.1.0.0. :)

In my personal opinion. Global 8.5.4.0 is an awesome ROM. :)

However, nothing can beat the speed and smoothness of current MIUI 8.6 Beta rom.

I don't flash to current MIUI 8.6 Beta rom due to auto brightness bug. A proper functioning of auto brightness is very important to me.

Last edited:
Thank you for a definitive feedback. I was thinking of flashing to global rom.
I have flashed to it and I have decided sticking to global 8.5.4.0.

To my surprise. Its speed and smoothness is better than China 8.5.10 for sure amid missing few extra tones as well as few common bugs found as in eu rom 8.5.10 package and China stable rom 8.5.1.0.0. :)

In my personal opinion. Global 8.5.4.0 is an awesome ROM. :)

However, nothing can beat the speed and smoothness of current MIUI 8.6 Beta rom.

I don't flash to current MIUI 8.6 Beta rom due to auto brightness bug. A proper functioning of auto brightness is very important to me.

Thank you for a definitive feedba
Thank you for a definitive feedback. I was thinking of flashing to global rom.

ck. I was thinking of flashing to global rom.

Don't mention it.

After flashing to Global rom and if you encountered any funny issue or problem. You can do a factory reset to fix them.

I couldn't turn off my 2nd sim card after flashing. So, I did a factory reset to fix it.

So far, it has been stable and good.

Reactions: war4head
I am a very frustrated user. I have purchsed an original Xiamimax2, because it appeared to be ideal. Since I did not trust the german improters, asked my wife to bring me one from her last trip home. So she did. The device is nice and did work well. I actually liked it. Only I do not speak mandarin and despite changing to english still many things remain in mandarin. So I checked onlyine and read about european firmware. I worked myslef thorugh it now the 2nd day. I still am not able to unlock it so. I get this fail:
upload_2017-7-23_13-24-7.png

However I did this already. I went to the developers option and pressed the button add acount. And it confirmed, that it has been added successfully.
I repeated the procedure twice and my wife is mocking me, that she can take over my phone, and I can use hers, which was bought in europe.
I am very sad. Can it be, that I have to wait the 3 days or so I read about in some pages.

As a comment:
I understand the problems about fake smart phones. I understand about preventing installation of fake OSsystems. I however do not understand, that one is not allowed to flash an official european version from an official Xiami source. It makes it hard for a normal honest customer, but a professional reseller will be easily able to do it... That makes no sense at all.

Hi, after the upgrade (last global stable) , Google now not responding to my questions. It only responds with text but not with voice.

And example to the question: what time is it ? The first time I was told, now only the script appears.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks

Hey all.. I just posted this up in another thread but I feel it might do some good here as well.
So, this is a Copy & Paste from that thread, of my comment. By the way... The 'Xiaomi Mi Max 2' rocks!!!!

Well, were do I begin.. Ok, long story, 'Short'!!!
So I'm looking through Youtube last night for any new video's that anyone might have posted. Well I come across this video posted
by Dhananjay Bhosale. Title: [NEW METHODE] Easy guide to Update from MIUI 8 to
MIUI 9 with LOCKED BOOTLOADER!!!

So I watched it and followed his procedure and it worked... I upgraded my Mi Max 2 from 'MIUI 8 to MIUI 9' with no problems what so ever. Bootloader still LOCKED!!!
I never had to unplug my Mi Max 2 from my PC. The tool he uses worked great for me and a friend of mine also with Mi Max 2.. You just have to follow his links in his caption below the video and download the Xiaomi-Tool. He also has a link to all updated China & Global ROM's.. It's a 6 minute video but it's well worth watching it for anyone who wants to use this method for flashing the phone.
I feel it was well worth the Upgrade. MIUI 9 is definitely and significantly faster and more responsive ROM..... Good Luck All!!!

Links to All:
Video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Xiaomi-Tool: https://dhananjaytech.com/download-xiaomitool-flash-roms-locked-bootloader/
MIUI 9 & Devices: https://dhananjaytech.com/miui-9-rom-and-devices/
Support the Developer: https://www.paypal.me/FrancescoTescari/

Hey all.. I just posted this up in another thread but I feel it might do some good here as well.
So, this is a Copy & Paste from that thread, of my comment. By the way... The 'Xiaomi Mi Max 2' rocks!!!!

Well, were do I begin.. Ok, long story, 'Short'!!!
So I'm looking through Youtube last night for any new video's that anyone might have posted. Well I come across this video posted
by Dhananjay Bhosale. Title: [NEW METHODE] Easy guide to Update from MIUI 8 to
MIUI 9 with LOCKED BOOTLOADER!!!

So I watched it and followed his procedure and it worked... I upgraded my Mi Max 2 from 'MIUI 8 to MIUI 9' with no problems what so ever. Bootloader still LOCKED!!!
I never had to unplug my Mi Max 2 from my PC. The tool he uses worked great for me and a friend of mine also with Mi Max 2.. You just have to follow his links in his caption below the video and download the Xiaomi-Tool. He also has a link to all updated China & Global ROM's.. It's a 6 minute video but it's well worth watching it for anyone who wants to use this method for flashing the phone.
I feel it was well worth the Upgrade. MIUI 9 is definitely and significantly faster and more responsive ROM..... Good Luck All!!!

Links to All:
Video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Xiaomi-Tool: https://dhananjaytech.com/download-xiaomitool-flash-roms-locked-bootloader/
MIUI 9 & Devices: https://dhananjaytech.com/miui-9-rom-and-devices/
Support the Developer: https://www.paypal.me/FrancescoTescari/

Thank you for sharing.