What future for our MIX 2S?

BigDaddySimo

Members
Jun 12, 2020
From September 5th, the beta will end for the following devices:
Mi 8, Mi 8 Explorer Edition, Mi 8 Pro (UD), Mi 8 SE, Mi 8 Lite, Mi Max 3, Mi Mix 3, Mi Mix 2S

I'm sorry if this answer was already given, but I can't find it.
Thank you

hello all, apologies in advance for the noobie questions
thank you for starting the topic @BigDaddySimo and thank you for the reply @werty
I recall that in order to move from weekly release to stable release, you need to do a clean install (not an upgrade) because the stable release is an earlier version than the weekly release
q.1 - if I stick with the current weekly release (which is the latest) and wait until the next stable release (which should be newer than the weekly version I have installed), will I be able to install it as an upgrade - using adb - instead of having to completely erase the phone?
q.2 - how and how often do the stable release gets android security updates?
thank you in advance
be well and safe

Reactions: BigDaddySimo
thank you for starting the topic @BigDaddySimo and thank you for the reply @werty
I recall that in order to move from weekly release to stable release, you need to do a clean install (not an upgrade) because the stable release is an earlier version than the weekly release
q.1 - if I stick with the current weekly release (which is the latest) and wait until the next stable release (which should be newer than the weekly version I have installed), will I be able to install it as an upgrade - using adb - instead of having to completely erase the phone?
thank you in advance
be well and safe

I'm sorry but I don't have answers.

About q.2 I'm curious about the security patch updates

thank you in advance
be well and safe
Q. 1 You can always make an upgrade from beta to stable or vice versa but if you got stuck in a bootloop, apps are crashing etc. you'll have to make a clean flash.
Q. 2 Stable updates are released usually once on 2-3 months so as the security updates.

Q. 1 You can always make an upgrade from beta to stable or vice versa but if you got stuck in a bootloop, apps are crashing etc. you'll have to make a clean flash.
Q. 2 Stable updates are released usually once on 2-3 months so as the security updates.
that's really useful, thank you very much @werty !

future is called LineageOS, Android 11 support has been confirmed, updates of current Android 10 Lineage 17.1 rom are released every Friday, rom is great, much faster and better battery life then MIUI 12...

cbc7691cff18afa2df2df1ccd8b7e9c1.jpg

I know lineage OS. It gave me a lot of satisfaction with my old OnePlus One but aesthetically it was a little sad.