When are Beta versions considered final?

The Batman

Members
Mar 3, 2011
As just noticed that there is a new version of MIUI, v1.3.4 (Beta 6). Since I am new ( and I know it is terrible when a new guy is asking questions) I was wondering if the versions of the rom which are labeled as "final," are actually fully tested versions of the rom? Also, when these betas are introduced, they are not exactly always safe, or am I waaay off on this?

Sorry for the probably obvious and lame questions, but because I am new to rooting and roms, I am trying to understand this new experience a little better.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

The Batman

Miui as a rom is still in beta. I believe the final tag denotes that the "port" to our device for that weeks build is complete. A new version comes out each week but because miui isn't official for the evo it is then ported to ours and several other devices

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

As far as the new version of MIUI is concerned, v1.3.5, you cannot update to this version unless you have flashed v1.3.4? Is this correct or is it possible to just flash v1.3.5 on top of v1.2.25?

Thanks for the help.

The Batman

As far as the new version of MIUI is concerned, v1.3.5, you cannot update to this version unless you have flashed v1.3.4? Is this correct or is it possible to just flash v1.3.5 on top of v1.2.25?

Thanks for the help.

The Batman

You can flash over the top, obviously wipe dalvik-cache and normal cache before flashing.

Cheers,

Mark