Where to buy - Mi2 phone

hypaed

Members
Jan 21, 2013
I recently bought the Xiaomi Mi2 from http://www.ibuygou.com/ there are plenty of fakes but this site is legit.

So anyway to save you the trouble i have taken some time to review the website and the phone, i hope it helps you with your purchases!

Ibuygou is a relatively new website to me, I have never heard nor purchased anything from this before, so naturally I paid with credit card. My expectations of the website and the product, I was buying where not very high, as there are plenty of websites out there that would quite happily take your money off you and send you nothing more than a brick.

However Ibuygou is the exception with outstanding service, the team at ibuygou where always happy to answer my questions, the product I purchased from ibuygou was an Xioami Mi2 possibly the best purchase I have ever bought!

Soon as the phone was shipped out to me only took 3 days to arrive, now I live in the UK, I don’t get this speed with half the stuff I by internally, yet this was in Hong Kong! It goes without saying that both me, my friends and my work colleges where all stunned at the speed of service from ibuygou.

The phone its self, well I also had my concerns there are many convincing fakes out there so one of the first things I did was tested it for speed, it turns out its much faster than any of its rivals, beats the iPhone 5 hands down, and it even beats the new nexus 4.

The build quality of the phone is excellent and it feels amazing in your hard, just walking in the street or around the shop with it, you can see people looking at it, trying to figure it out.
The phone comes shipped unlocked meaning you can put in sim card inside it from all over the world, so yes this phone will work in your country. But won’t it have Chinese software? Well just go to MIUI and download your countries version, this was also surprising easy.
Best thing I love about my phone is its faster than everyone else’s and I am allowed to my it look the way I want it to with removable covers, and the fact that no one else has one.

So if you’re looking for a 100% guaranteed genuine Mi2 or some other product I suggest you buy from ibuygou.com

Edit: Comes wrapped with personal message :) i guess its for tax reasons haha (say no more ;))

2013-01-18%2013.57.02.jpg

Hi, Just only 1 message from you in this forum, that too a recommendation for a website. Is it really true or some kind of marketing going on?

No, Alain said he thought he was getting "scammed with style" as well, LOL!

Swyped from my Android/iPhone Killer

Haha I live in the UK, ibuygou is Hong Kong company its legit.... believe me...

Ill take photos off the phone or print screens with geekbench etc if you want :p

Just making sure people dont get ripped off, ive read lots of stuff in these forums, i only signed in yesterday to post but ive been keeping an eye on them since i rooted my old one x :)

Hope that helps

http://www.ibuygou.com/ seems to be legit i havn't buy from them but in the sticky thread (fake mi2)many people said that they buy it from them. please check the that thread before you buy
Well i checked that thread also... was lots of confusion as to where they got the from... Mines legit :D 2.2k on gb mwahaha

I guess with the increasing number of high end Chinese smartphones (I bet we're gonna see even more of these during the MWC) , we're gonna need some trusted websites from where to purchase unless those phones get to be released in our countries.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I guess with the increasing number of high end Chinese smartphones (I bet we're gonna see even more of these during the MWC) , we're gonna need some trusted websites from where to purchase unless those phones get to be released in our countries.

Doubt it lol, apple will be all over there ass if they came to the UK :D

Yeah well i trust ibuygou i talk to them on skype, told them soon as Mi3 is in stock ill buy it :D

It's been a full two weeks since I ordered from ibuygou and still no status updates. Not worried, but it kinda sucks how everyone else seems to be getting theirs shipped in about 6-7 days and here I am 14 days later with still nothing.

It's been a full two weeks since I ordered from ibuygou and still no status updates. Not worried, but it kinda sucks how everyone else seems to be getting theirs shipped in about 6-7 days and here I am 14 days later with still nothing.

They are very nice people there. You can contact them and ask for an update. Just include your order id.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

I also ordered from ibuygou. I'm in the US and they have been great with communication. I'm currently awaiting delivery from DHL - Should be arriving tomorrow (a week after I placed my order).

boojay, I would definitely e-mail them. Most of my correspondence has been with Anna and she has been very quick with responses to questions an updates.

Hey guys, thanks. Yes, I did email them and apparently they mailed it a couple of days ago. I never received a notification because apparently I don't have an account with ibuygou, which is weird because they should have my email associated with the order when I placed it and can notify me that way. No matter, I hope I get it this week!

I'm from Canada, btw.

I had a similar situation as I was I did not receive a notification due to not setting up an account prior to ordering - Anna saw that my order had shipped and mentioned it to me in another correspondence.

Probably a good note for anyone placing order at ibuygou: Setup an account before ordering to receive notifications.

I had a similar situation as I was I did not receive a notification due to not setting up an account prior to ordering - Anna saw that my order had shipped and mentioned it to me in another correspondence.

Probably a good note for anyone placing order at ibuygou: Setup an account before ordering to receive notifications.
Haha i also did this.. straight to paypal no confirmations :D

But i emailed them and they gave me tracking number etc within 3 days :D

Guys don't worry, ibuygou might be a little slow on payment confirmation/sending, but you'll get it. I received it in 9 days after payment confirmation. It can't go wrong about not trusting, there are just too many positive reviews. And great customer support also :)

Sent from my MI 2

Just arrived! Opening now. Man, talk about great packing!

Will be playing with it more extensively tonight and the rest of the week, but so far I'm quite pleased. The build and size are great! Screen is beautiful, speaker is adequate, battery life is decent (I drained it from 51% to 0% in 2.5 hours with 2 hr 20 mins on screen time).

I actually don't think MIUI is as smooth as people say. I was running a custom rom on my old dual core phone which actually runs smoother than this. I can't seem to get a GPS fix or mobile data to work yet, but will be reading up on that and am not worried since this phone from ibuygou is genuine.

I've checked all the benchmarks and system info, then compared my phone to this article: http://www.gizchina.com/2013/01/08/how-to-tell-if-your-xiaomi-m2-is-fake/ and everything has checked out.

You need to install the miuiandroid rom in order to get a gps fix. The original rom works with Baidu and Chinese services.
After installing the rom, you should reset it by wiping it.

What was your previous phone ?

Reactions: boojay
You need to install the miuiandroid rom in order to get a gps fix. The original rom works with Baidu and Chinese services.
After installing the rom, you should reset it by wiping it.

What was your previous phone ?

Yes, thanks. I actually found that bit of info and it's working now ;D Working on mobile data now.

My previous phones were HTC Desire, Incredible S, Amaze, One S, and LG Optimus G, although I've played around with various Xperia, Galaxy S, and Nexus phones as well, in addition to iPhones.

My daily driver was the Amaze running a hybrid ICS/JB rom. I stuck with that phone because I was able to buy and sell so many phones for profit and because all flagship these days are phablets that I didn't want to commit to. With this Mi2, I can see I'm going to be VERY comfortable, so long as everything works, which I'm getting to that point.

Alrighty, I've managed to get mobile data working too. For some reason even though the Mi2 recognized and alloted an APN for my service provider (Bell Canada), it wasn't working so I just copied the APN settings from my Amaze onto the Mi2 and that did the trick. However, I am noticing an appreciable difference in download/upload speed on both wifi and mobile data. That is to say, the Mi2 is consistently slower than my Amaze in terms of internet connection speed. I find this very strange and will be looking for a fix.

After reading the thread and other thread I m happy and placed my MI2 phone order in www.ibuygou.com
Let see when it comes!!!!

worried about the changes I need to do....

Hey Guys - Got the phone and have been pretty happy so far, but need a little assistance.

I flashed MIUI Rom 3.1.18 - Installed GAPPS - and wiped all data, but can not seem to get the date and time to show correctly. It is still showing China while I'm on at&t in the US.