Why are Roms always built on the K20?

Murat YUKSEL

Members
Jan 2, 2016
Hello friends;
I wanted to ask because I was so curious. I am using my device Mi 9T and Xiaomi.eu Global Stable 11.0.3.0. When downloading the rom from the download pages, the name rom writes xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20MI9T_V11.0.3.0.PFJCNXM_v11-9 but always installs as K20. And in my area, k20's 4.5G bands are not supported, only Mi 9T's bands are supported (bands 4, 20, 28 and 38 and these bands are not available in k20), so I can't use the 4.5G speed properly. I have a lot of Mi 9T users like me. And also in the properties section of the device, when I connect it to the computer and the camera watermark always says k20. Can not our master friends who develop rum use Mi 9T rum besides k20 rum when preparing Global stable rum? Both in terms of 4.5G bands, and in terms of articles in various parts of the device? Or when installing Rom, can they add an option that will make 4.5G bands, camera, phone name Mi 9T via twrp or aroma installer? This option can be for both the k20 / Mi 9t and the k20 pro / Mi 9T pro and for the CC9 / 9 lite, which is a great choice.

Hello friends;
I wanted to ask because I was so curious. I am using my device Mi 9T and Xiaomi.eu Global Stable 11.0.3.0. When downloading the rom from the download pages, the name rom writes xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK20MI9T_V11.0.3.0.PFJCNXM_v11-9 but always installs as K20. And in my area, k20's 4.5G bands are not supported, only Mi 9T's bands are supported (bands 4, 20, 28 and 38 and these bands are not available in k20), so I can't use the 4.5G speed properly. I have a lot of Mi 9T users like me. And also in the properties section of the device, when I connect it to the computer and the camera watermark always says k20. Can not our master friends who develop rum use Mi 9T rum besides k20 rum when preparing Global stable rum? Both in terms of 4.5G bands, and in terms of articles in various parts of the device? Or when installing Rom, can they add an option that will make 4.5G bands, camera, phone name Mi 9T via twrp or aroma installer? This option can be for both the k20 / Mi 9t and the k20 pro / Mi 9T pro and for the CC9 / 9 lite, which is a great choice.
EU custom rom are made from CHINESE official weekly rom. Never from GLOBAL rom.
Chinese weekly is only covering K20 version that's why the logos remain (until dev change them?)
About LTE bands NO change is done at EU rom level. IF you own a K20 you get LTE preinstalled LTE channels the same apply to the MI9T, it stay with the buried LTE settings.
This point I made verified at the the first time I moved to EU weekly. My french provider have the new B28 LTE in use and I am able to connect it as per before. (Fortunately!)
cheers

@Igor Eisberg Hello, why not adding "davinciin" codename to support Indian K20/Mi 9T variant?

mi9t/k20 rom not installing indian redmi k20(shows error this product is "davinciin" pls support
You should try to use another TWRP version. ;)
If I remember, LR.Team/wzsx150 (Chinese) TWRP - "English" language is available - can be able to install xiaomi.eu ROM on "davinciin" codename (without the need to modify a file in the ROM).
Download link => https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZHjhRS77PEdKEjBEtca9rhKBMZBQLxcI
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: manojtmenon