Wifi disconnects (all the time) [SOLVED]

ronvv

Members
Jul 4, 2013
Hello all,

I posted a similar question a while ago but got no reactions. This would be expected if i am the only one experiencing constant wifi disconnects on any wifi router/AP i connect the mi2s to.

Can this be hardware related (antenna cable) ? If this is not the case then (obviously) more people could be experiencing this problem since most here use a variant of MIUI Android.

If someone is experiencing the same phenomenon i would like to hear it (feels so lonely ;-)

Regards,

I get it randomly (posted months ago) never really got to bottom of it, it happens far less now.
Also I use wifi fixer app and that sometimes fixes it.

Probably distance issue? How far are you from the wifi router?
I have the same issue with my wifi router that comes with my isp.
Frequent disconnection.
But i changed it to a better one and installed openwrt on it.
I have no problem with the new router + openwrt.

Distance (<15 meters) is no issue, interference probably. I now use a separate AP (Linksys WAP300N) which seems to give more reliable connections, the ISP wifi i used is known to have issues with reliability. But still disconnects happen every few minutes (also in less crowded areas on any AP). Would not recommend this phone if wifi is primary connection method which is a shame since otherwise this is a great device !

Observation: it seems that wifi is losing connection the moment some applications try to access the internet. This can be a coincedence of course.

Yesterday i made a full backup, did a full wipe and restore (ex. wifi settings !) of the phone and this seems to have helped somewhat !?
Still disconnects but not as frequent...

The latest update seems to have totally solved this issue, no disconnects anymore. Great !