WIFI not working (MI 8)

Rafael Corrêa

Members
Jan 15, 2021
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Mi 8 from a friend, knowing that his xiaomi had a strange Wifi problem. No matter what I try, it just don't turn on (and if I try more than 3 times, the phone crashes). Probably this issue is from the hardware part, but I need to try more first. This Mi 8 is running the xiaomi.eu 11.0.8 | Stable rom. Could the problem be caused by it? I can only have online access on it by using mobile data or sharing wifi from another smartphone (via bluetooth).

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Mi 8 from a friend, knowing that his xiaomi had a strange Wifi problem. No matter what I try, it just don't turn on (and if I try more than 3 times, the phone crashes). Probably this issue is from the hardware part, but I need to try more first. This Mi 8 is running the xiaomi.eu 11.0.8 | Stable rom. Could the problem be caused by it? I can only have online access on it by using mobile data or sharing wifi from another smartphone (via bluetooth).
First thing you may try is installing the official Rom with MI Flash. Attention : be careful of the which MI account is bound to the device! (or it may brick)

Hello everyone,

Exactly same issue here, after I uploaded my Xiaomi. eu to 12.0.4 stable.
Any way to fix the issue?
Tks