Will Redmi 3 Ever Get Android Marshmallow ?

DDReaper

Members
Jul 17, 2011
I thought that MIUI 8 on Redmi 3 would mean Android 6.0 but I see with the last xiaomi.eu beta that it's not the case. It's still based on Android 5.

Do you know if there is any plan of bringing Android Marshmallow on Redmi 3 ? It would be very helpful particularly for the fingerprint sensor being native with Android 6 and usable with apps like Lastpass (which atm doesn't recognize the fingerprint sensor of the redmi 3).

Redmi 3 is my first Xiaomi phone so I'm new to all of this.

Reactions: Supermatt01
I don't think so. Xiaomi does not use to upgrade Redmi phones

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3 mediante Tapatalk

After an update I had marshmallow on my Sony experia z2. Since then I had a lot of problems with my BT connection, couldn't see my contacts on my nav system in my car anymore. Sony Music player stopped every 15 sec. I think there is a problem between mm and snapdragon BT module. So let's stay at lollipop for now.

The problem there is Sony not MarshMallow nor Qualcomm. Said that, even a poor update to MarshMallow could be nice. Regular users can opt to upgrade or not and developers can have a base to work with.

After an update I had marshmallow on my Sony experia z2. Since then I had a lot of problems with my BT connection, couldn't see my contacts on my nav system in my car anymore. Sony Music player stopped every 15 sec. I think there is a problem between mm and snapdragon BT module. So let's stay at lollipop for now.

After an OS update, i always reset the device to factory default..
Mostly, all problems solved after that. But dont forget to backup your data though ;).

Lollipop is so bad I would be happy if Xiaomi would release any other os version for the device. Jelly Bean, Kitkat Marshmallow, something.

Even my 4 years nexus 7 run MM . Yes it's only custom rom but run smooth and faster than official LL

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

I updated my Redmi 2 to CM13 based on 6.0.1 and the battery life was cut to 40% of the prior...

Lot of cm have problems with deepsleep, that's the reason. Right now there's no cm13 good for daily use (as I know)

tapatalkato dal mio redmi3

I don't know if Marshmallow would fix it or not, but it is impossible to manage (delete) photo through Google Photos when they are stored on external storage.. Only on internal :(

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3 en utilisant Tapatalk

I don't know if Marshmallow would fix it or not, but it is impossible to manage (delete) photo through Google Photos when they are stored on external storage.. Only on internal :(

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3 en utilisant Tapatalk

I think this is a limitation built into MIUI on Android 5.x and it's not only deleting photos but all kind of files.

Here you go:
http :// en.miui.com / thread-300096-1-1 . html

Is there any way to make Xiaomi.eu version based on that?