Working SafetyNet for Redmi Note 9S

Still don't know what have triggered the L1 on my case. If it didn't work for you seems to be an isolated case then.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 9S através do Tapatalk
It was probably the Xiaomi.eu 11.0.11.0 rom that addressed this issue. Since Joyeuse is still at 11.0.5.0, this method doesn't work, yet.

Reactions: t_adams
Today I received September update for Google Play. SafetyNet with hardware based attestation now is GREEN on my 9S with unlocked bootloader.

I have no root, no magisk, just latest xiaomi.eu firmware 11.0.11

Even McDonalds App is working (this was just a test, I don't need it)

And of course I still have L1 as I never made any modification.

Last edited:
Reactions: sir_bazz
Today I received September update for Google Play. SafetyNet with hardware based attestation now is GREEN on my 9S with unlocked bootloader.
So that's what it was.

I'm on the Google beta program so was kinda puzzled when safety net recertified a few weeks back, (without root).

Did you have to clear data for the play store app ?

So recently I just noticed I have L1 back... After flashing a bunch of MIUI 12 Port ROMs, I decided to flash back the latest Xiaomi.eu build... I installed Netflix as usual expecting L3.. Was surprised when I saw L1... Apparently my L1 is back.. Been back since like two weeks that I flashed back Xiaomi.eu.. Was waiting to see if it would disappear again, but still here :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_014902.jpg
    IMG_20200920_014902.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20200920_015120.jpg
    IMG_20200920_015120.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: t_adams
So recently I just noticed I have L1 back... After flashing a bunch of MIUI 12 Port ROMs, I decided to flash back the latest Xiaomi.eu build... I installed Netflix as usual expecting L3.. Was surprised when I saw L1... Apparently my L1 is back.. Been back since like two weeks that I flashed back Xiaomi.eu.. Was waiting to see if it would disappear again, but still here :)
What phone do you have? Redmi Note 9 Pro ( Joueuse )? What kind of MIUI 12 port did you install exactly? Send a link, I'll try.

Just short info -> New ROM 11.0.7 (from Xiaomi.EU) for Joyeuse repaired Widewine to L1 level.

You need to download L1 in Settings - Passwords & Security - Fingerprint Unlock - Fingerprint Payments - Widevine L1 - Download Certificate

Last edited:
Reactions: r3pairer
Just short info -> New ROM 11.0.7 for Joyeuse repaired Widewine to L1 level.
I dirty flashed it last night but my Widevide stayed to L3. Today I cleaned flashed it again, still L3. I am talking about the xiaomi.eu one.

I dirty flashed it last night but my Widevide stayed to L3. Today I cleaned flashed it again, still L3. I am talking about the xiaomi.eu one.
You need to download L1 in Settings - Passwords & Security - Fingerprint Unlock - Fingerprint Payments - Widevine L1 - Download Certificate

Then check Widevine level in DRM info. It will be L1!!!

I will try it tomorrow. Thank you for the info!
Also can you check if you still have the call recorder option in settings? Because after installing 11.0.7 I couldn't find it anywhere.

I am talking about ROM from Xiaomi.EU also... :)

I will try it tomorrow. Thank you for the info!
Also can you check if you still have the call recorder option in settings? Because after installing 11.0.7 I couldn't find it anywhere.
You're right, I don't see it there either.

Last edited:

You were right, it works, L1 is back. Thank u!

I have a question regarding SafetyNet in xiaomi.eu STABLE 11.0.11 ROM.
I got Widevine L1 using Fingerprint settings, but SafetyNet check fails due to CTS mismatch, I have a Redmi Note 9S EEA(curtana), do I have to flash persist.img from the stock EEA firmware?

EDIT: By the way Mr @Austrofred you had Global variant or EEA?

UPDATE: So I have flashed the persist.img from EEA 11.0.4 and SafetyNet passed! Make sure to delete Play Store data in order to show that device is certified.
By the way the device is not rooted.
In order to get Widevine L1 back, you should redownload all certificates through
Settings > Passwords & Security > Fingerprint unlock > Fingerprint Payments.
EEA 11.0.4 Persist.img, installable on Xiaomi.eu 11.0.11:

TWRP is the main requirement.
Reboot to TWRP, click on Install, then click on Install Image, then browse to persist.img and choose persist partition, not any partition else! After finishing you may reboot and reinstall certificates to get Widevine L1 back, steps written above.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
I have a question regarding SafetyNet in xiaomi.eu STABLE 11.0.11 ROM.
I got Widevine L1 using Fingerprint settings, but SafetyNet check fails due to CTS mismatch, I have a Redmi Note 9S EEA(curtana), do I have to flash persist.img from the stock EEA firmware?

EDIT: By the way Mr @Austrofred you had Global variant or EEA?

UPDATE: So I have flashed the persist.img from EEA 11.0.4 and SafetyNet passed! Make sure to delete Play Store data in order to show that device is certified.
By the way the device is not rooted.
I may upload the EEA persist.img standalone when I have time, have a nice day!
While flashing persist.img you may got up to widevine L3 even tough safetynet works now.
There are other ways to do it described in these Forums a few Times already. With which you will keep both

Reactions: Ahmad Moemen
While flashing persist.img you may got up to widevine L3 even tough safetynet works now.
There are other ways to do it described in these Forums a few Times already. With which you will keep both
Don't worry I got L1 back, I just edited the post above... Hope it's useful to any lost EEA guy out there...

Reactions: LeX1991