Would you consider paying for the MIUI Weather app if it was made available?

Would you pay for MIUI Weather given what you have just read?

• Total voters
I wouldn't mind donating the money to this wonderful site and as a gift receiving the app. I have no problem donating to keep this site alive but not sure if I would purchase straight from the market. Seems kind of wrong charging for this app anyway. Sure you ported it, but it really is someone else's work. Something about that just seems wrong.

Anyway, I hope you guys make the right decision and keep up the great work!

I wouldn't mind donating the money to this wonderful site and as a gift receiving the app. I have no problem donating to keep this site alive but not sure if I would purchase straight from the market. Seems kind of wrong charging for this app anyway. Sure you ported it, but it really is someone else's work. Something about that just seems wrong.

Anyway, I hope you guys make the right decision and keep up the great work!

Your right about that, the chi gave it away for free

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Your right about that, the chi gave it away for free

Free but not functional so how is that useful? :) I had to re-develop the app to make it functional for our countries. How is paying for my hard work unfair?

I think your hard work should be admired not only by a download but by some change, donation etc. I do graphics etc and know how much time it takes to create something of brilliance so that idea sounds fine to me, you guys are killing it a couple of bucks is nothing.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I would gladly pay for this app. However, if its going to cause issues in the community and ill will between members then I would say either make it free or don't release it. Love the work you do here and would hate to see it brought down by something as silly as a widget. Just my opinion. Viva MIUI!

Mark I'll pay, I'm just saying the app was functional for them.

I cant see why you shouldn't have a fee for some of the very very awesome things you give us for free now

I think it should come with miui roms. This is for miui only, if you put it in the market everyone rom will have it. But of course more money for you guys. Why put something nice from miui to other roms. just post a donate thread for the app in here and that's it

Why is my posting away?
Marks censorship?

That tells us, how you are...

I was coming with facts and you censored it.

As ever, mark only want to hear "thanks mark, you are the best"

Free but not functional so how is that useful? :) I had to re-develop the app to make it functional for our countries. How is paying for my hard work unfair?

If that was the case then everyone building Roms and themes should be charging to use there work but they do not. They leave it up to the user to donate if they like the work that was done. That is what these communities are about and I hope it continues to stay that way.

Another option would be what they do with the setcpu app on XDA. Users of the site can get it for free but they have it on the market for others to purchase.

Again, if this was your app from the ground up I don't think it would be a big deal. But the Chinese dev's spend weeks and weeks and weeks on this Rom and do not charge us a dime and truth be told, the weather app is there's and not yours sell.

I am a believer that we the users know the time you guys spend and show our appreciation by donating. It feels better when we do it because we want to and not forced to.

Appreciate the thread to get opinions on this and since you started it I hope you are fair and open minded to people's opinions in it and do not hate against the ones you do not want to hear.

I would pay for it! Come on mates, this forum and all in it is free too... so everybody who wants this app could pay for it or develop one on his/her own.

I think that you have already take your decision so why asking people then?

MIUI Development Group no longer have a developer for Weather, so there is no progress being made anywhere by them in this app, they seem happy for me to take it and make it modified to work outside of their country.

They also seem happy with my work overall and I have a long-standing good relationship with the Dev Group.

I'd pay a buck for this app easily. You do a lot of work and it's really not much to ask for an app.

I recall people saying at the very start when we first saw this great app people even said they'd pay to see it work outside of china, now that has been done people wont or dont want to pay.

Yet oddly i've seen similar things like camera mods and people saying they'd pay to see it done! so really - there is a 100% double-standard to people here! I am so sick of it.

Don't you understand???
We can pay for it.
But explain, why. Why does the MIUI development so much for free, why does we rom developers do everything for free, why?does the cyanogen mod team all for free?
And why would markhuk earn some money with code from another one?
It's MIUI code. And mark is not MIUI.

Don't you understand???
We can pay for it.
But explain, why. Why does the MIUI development so much for free, why does we rom developers do everything for free, why?does the cyanogen mod team all for free?
And why would markhuk earn some money with code from another one?
It's MIUI code. And mark is not MIUI.

It sounds to me that the MIUI dev team don't have any objection to Mark taking over the Weather app and making it available outside China. If that is the case then it's up to Mark whether to make it a paid app or not, much like any other app developer.

I'm not even sure the Chinese would care. They routinely violate international copyright laws - making money on others' work.

I'd pay easily....one thing I don't like about Android users...they seem like cheapskates.

Keep up the good work MIUI team.

Your problem is, you think, mark is MIUI.

If it helps you:I make roms for nexus one and release them at XDA.
I never ask for a buck. If anyone want to donate me, he can.

And the android users are fine, I think.

This is one of the biggest loads of crap I have seen on Miui-Dev. I am getting sick and tired of freeloaders getting all pissy because someone wants to charge A DOLLAR/POUND for something.

Do some of you people think you have some kind of right to complain? CODE IT YOURSELF THEN PRICKS. Then be sure and find a dedicated server to host the API from.

Mark spent 2 MONTHS getting this running. You ungrateful jerkoffs. Mark, please make Miui-Dev private. The good people here would never blame you based on the treatment you're getting these days.

...I swear people... some of you make me sick.

Edit: this post is aimed @ the losers among us, not us all.

make it a market app, we'll pay the 99p, other people would use it, and im sure if like 1000 people bought the app, you'd have the money for at least few years to keep the server alive :D

make it a market app, we'll pay the 99p, other people would use it, and im sure if like 1000 people bought the app, you'd have the money for at least few years to keep the server alive :D

Precisely!

I know you have gotten a lot of replies and suggestions. Maybe try this:
Open the app to donations now, and give every donator the app.
If what the community says is true, there will be plenty of people who will donate, and you can release the app for free.
If people don't donate, but only wait for a free release, and you don't get enough money, you can make this a paid app.
This way you are giving the community the benefit of the doubt, and are giving them a chance to prove that they are generous enough to pay for the app without forcing them. And this would shut up anyone who would questioned your motives for not just asking for donations.
You have nothing to lose!