Would you consider paying for the MIUI Weather app if it was made available?

Would you pay for MIUI Weather given what you have just read?

• Total voters
Google should f... everyone up and become apple. Make ANDROID closed source. Yup that's what we deserve.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Shame on everybody that voted no! i will be willing to pay.

if you cant afford to buy a $1 app then why do you have a smart phone?

seriously guys, VOTE YES!

I'd pay, the amount if stuff tiu guys do on a weekly basis is immense. I'm very new to it all, but since I rooted my desire, I wouldn't and haven't flashed any other rom. Its insane that people want everything for nothing. If the people which want it for free think it should be so, maybe they should think about how much time it would take them to do anything half as awesome as even parts of this rom.

Some people are extremely ungrateful, whether you have made it started it from the beginning or not the work you are putting in to make it work outside of China is far beyond what you need to do.

I would pay and I haven't even seen the app or what it is capable of, but knowing what I have seen of miui, and the massive hooha it seems to be causing it must be wicked.

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I whould gladly pay.....Hell i can pay 5 dollars... so 4 of the whining ***** can have there app for free ;-)

Sorry for the bad tone but i just got so pissed from reading the thread...

Keep up the good work guys...love it :)

"We..?" Who the hell are u? Mark is MIUI. Take yourself back to xda where trolls can roam free.

Don't you understand???
We can pay for it.
But explain, why. Why does the MIUI development so much for free, why does we rom developers do everything for free, why?does the cyanogen mod team all for free?
And why would markhuk earn some money with code from another one?
It's MIUI code. And mark is not MIUI.

I paid for Beautiful Widget and fancy widget pro and would definitely pay for MIUI weather.

Jesus,
whats going on here?

Whats the problem? Mark told us in the first post:
Now in order for the app to actually work requires a PHP script and a MySQL database on our server here, without this the app will not work
This needs traffic on his server!
It seems that THIS and only THIS is his reason to ask for money for this APP!! a little fee to pay the server! Nothing more!

And sorry, but 1 or 2 $ or € are not too much.

I don't want to know how often u r donating to roms or other sofware what is bugging, leaking, producing big s**t.
But here u went wild and crazy!

I don't understand this!

Regards from BRD
MvSt

Why won't you just do like many and many devs who work for free and just asking for donation ( Leedroid, Badnewz.......) I did it for Leedroid and I think I will for others. Android community is going that way: free and if you like donate (well it's my vision)

Why won't you just do like many and many devs who work for free and just asking for donation ( Leedroid, Badnewz.......) I did it for Leedroid and I think I will for others. Android community is going that way: free and if you like donate (well it's my vision)

Too many freeloading people though, i'm not even forcing people to buy an app, i ran a poll to find out peoples thoughts and now i am getting flamed for it. It's a pathetic new internet mentality people have, if its online it should be free, if its android it should be free, linux is open source it has paid apps too, so by definition that is wrong is it?

ermacwins said:
Lol did you make the weather app? NO

LOL! Show's what u know! He basically reverse engineered the smali from scratch. In other words, Mark did not build off of Chinese source. So basically, yes, he did make the weather app.

Thats what I have been telling him, he didnt make it and doest have the right to sell it.

Already covered.

Code:
But you were considering it and I confronted you and those posts got deleted.

Pay for your own site then you can delete all the user post you want.

Im sorry but the hard work was miui's, u just done a few mods then someone cracked the rest now you wanna sell it

And statements like this confirm why Mark is Mark and you are a noob. On what authority do you have to declare that he "just done a few mods"? How much smali have you decompiled? Forget that, how many mods have you created? How many ports have you done? How many kernels have you compiled? What exactly have you contributed to the MIUI community? Probably squat. I don't even see a forum donor indicator next to your username.

Ok how about u say to them hey guys im gonna sell your work coz i donr a few mods on it. Did you ask their permission to sell parts of their hard work?

They choose to not submit a public repo. therefore, any code extracted form their work is fair game. However, we (not you!) in the development community thank them for sharing their FM Radio framework source that they so graciously shared with Cyanogen. In addition, Shinzul was most generous in sharing with them the wimax source. That being said, i doubt they got permission from CyanogenMod for the kangs i see all over miui.

He thinks he suddenly owns miui, some of his posts are so offensive and rude

As far as you're concerned, Mark does own miui. He is the guy who brings miui to the English speaking world. However, I can understand how you may be uncomfortable with that. So, maybe someday, you may have a fraction of the brain stem Mark has. When that occurs, you can translate all that xml, adjust the layouts, edit the smali, and produce and Eng Pack. Until then, feel free to STFU and GTFO!

Mark, let's take this site private man!

Wow, the fact that most of you people have no respect for the crazy amount of work and time Mark and other devs put into this is unreal. For what its worth, I would gladly pay and/or donate for the app. Those of you complaining about it not being free need to get a life and get off of this forum.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

what's the fuss all about man ?!
it's only a few quid a year..
I bet the donations would be fine, and he can also consider using a free servers, I mean it's not like it's gonna be a lot of traffic made just by the weather app, even if it was on 10k phones, I dont think it'd generate more traffic than few gigs..

If he puts it in the market everyone its gonna get it from applanet think about it lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible using the miui-dev.com Forums App

applanet?
what's that?
and if he did put it on the market- I don't think it'd be fair.. I mean the MIUI devs made the app, they dont get money for it, why would he make thousands on it ?
because let's look at it- if he puts it on the market, he'll probably make few thousands out of it..

applanet?
what's that?
and if he did put it on the market- I don't think it'd be fair.. I mean the MIUI devs made the app, they dont get money for it, why would he make thousands on it ?
because let's look at it- if he puts it on the market, he'll probably make few thousands out of it..

Nothing nvm Oops

$1 is very reasonable for an app like miui weather. Looking forward to the release.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I do not understand why there is so much arguing in this thread. It cleary asks for people's opinions so we shouldn't knock people for giving it.

Whether I agree with the charge or not, or will even use the weather program, I would pay the $1price knowing I am supporting this great work.

We should appreciate people's honesty here and not knock them for it.

How does one donate to this site? I have donated to BRD but I guess there is a seperate link for the site?

Of course I would pay for the work you have done and for the bandwidth 'MIUI weather' will use to operate. But after reading this thread I can say that if I was you I wouldn't release it at all, maybe give it to some friends and to those that has contributed to MIUI as a special prize. This thread makes me sad and I hope that Mark continues his work for MIUI even though folks keep abusing him and his work that they get for absolutely nothing.

I want to take the time to thank Mark and the people that he works with for making my phone more fun to play with. /ZeD

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

It's okay to say that you would never pay for MIUI Weather but it's not okay to behave like some poster have done inside this thread. Mark works his ass of to translate and release a new version of MIUI each week and should not getting abused like this. /ZeD

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk