Resolved Wrong date format on lock screen

pajser92

Members
May 6, 2017
As you can see in the screenshot below, it's 5th of January at the time of reporting this issue, and the date format should be DD/MM, as that's the format used in UK (language is set to English [United Kingdom]), however instead of 05/01 it says 01/05.

I tried changing language to English (UK), Serbian (Српски) and Croatian (Hrvatski): for English and Serbian it stays MM/DD, while for Croatian it only worked for first lock screen layout as DD.MM, however for all the others it's still MM/DD.

This was also an issue in MIUI 12.6, and is still present in 13 (my device is Poco F3 [alioth]).

I would send LogCat, however nothing crashes, so I didn't think it would be neccessary. If needed, I'll attach it additionally.

Screenshot_2022-01-05-06-41-22-614_lockscreen.jpg

Edit: as advised, I uploaded the logcat.
I captured the moment with screen off, and then turned it on first by double tapping, and then with pressing power button (with wrong finger, so it doesn't jump straight to home screen).
NOTE: When the phone is connected to PC, there are two permanent notifications, one notifying me that the phone is charging, and the other one saying that the debugging mode is on. Because of that, I can't see the normal lock screen layout / design, however in the one shown here, the date is also wrong format.

Last edited:
On another report of mine it was written below that I should attach logcat nonetheless, so I did it here, too.

Btw while scrolling through Developer options, I noticed that the Select log level has been set to Info. Does that affect what has been logged, should I change to something like Verbose, or it's fine as it is?

Date format for English (UK) has been corrected for future releases, marking this as resolved.

We're eleven months onward. I'm running the latest Miui update on my phone: MUI Global 12.5.10 stable (on hardware: Redmi 9T (M2010J19SY)).
I'm still very frustrated about this very annoying date format, that shows me month first and day second.
In the EU the date format is: day - month - year. I prefer to use system language English (United States).
How can I change the date format to dd-mm-yyyy?
(And in what version will it be available and will it ever be released for my hardware?)

Last edited:
We're eleven months onward. I'm running the latest Miui update on my phone: MUI Global 12.5.10 stable (on hardware: Redmi 9T (M2010J19SY)).
I'm still very frustrated about this very annoying date format, that shows me month first and day second.
In the EU the date format is: day - month - year. I prefer to use system language English (United States).
How can I change the date format to dd-mm-yyyy?
(And in what version will it be available and will it ever be released for my hardware?)
When will people like you learn to read carefully and recognize, this is CUSTOM ROM FORUM, that has nothing to do with original MUI Global.
Please address your issue to official Xiaomi forum https://new.c.mi.com/global/.

When will people like you learn to read carefully and recognize, this is CUSTOM ROM FORUM, that has nothing to do with original MUI Global.
Please address your issue to official Xiaomi forum https://new.c.mi.com/global/.
The xiaomi.eu URL looks pretty official to me. So what is the charter of this forum? Where can I read up on this? You don't have a landing page, where I could have easily read this. But I'm game for custom roms if they solve my problems.

Please tell me then in which CUSTOM ROM version this issue is fixed and what the latest available CUSTOM ROM version is for the Redmi 9T NFC (M2010J19SY)?

Will the fixes in these CUSTOM ROMs be integrated in the global releases too or do the developers here have to re-apply the fixes to every new Global version over and over again?

Last edited: