New Xiamoi mi note 3 - can't send text messages in my local language, only in English.

urielehrman

Members
Dec 11, 2018
Mobile: Xiaomi mi note 3
Version: miui 10.2 by xiaomi.eu 8.11.1 beta

English - everything works properly with no exception.

Hebrew - everything works properly in every app (e.g. whatsapp, messenger..) except for the text messaging app (sms):

I can receive messages in Hebrew but when sending a message in Hebrew the other end receives a blank message.

I already tried playing with the gsm alphabet settings with no success.

Anybody has an idea?

Thanks!
Uriel

I just tried sending a message in Hebrew from a MI5S 8.12.6 to a MI5 and the message was sent properly, so I can't reproduce the issue.

I just tried sending a message in Hebrew from a MI5S 8.12.6 to a MI5 and the message was sent properly, so I can't reproduce the issue.

I finally found the same problem. Because of this bug, I lost important meetings.

Mi8 EE MIUI10 xiaomi.eu 8.12.7

As just mentioned:

English - Everything is ok, no exception.

Chinese and Japanese - everything works for every app (eg whatsapp, messenger..), except for SMS apps (SMS):

I can receive messages in Japanese and Chinese, but when I send a message in Japanese and Chinese, the other end receives a blank message. (usually only in English)

I checked the phone settings and they worked fine. In the previous version, characters such as Chinese and Japanese can be displayed normally.

This bug is very serious, please resolve it as soon as possible

I am using another mobile phone in the official system, the SMS characters are displayed normally.

I finally found the same problem. Because of this bug, I lost important meetings.

Mi8 EE MIUI10 xiaomi.eu 8.12.7

As just mentioned:

English - Everything is ok, no exception.

Chinese and Japanese - everything works for every app (eg whatsapp, messenger..), except for SMS apps (SMS):

I can receive messages in Japanese and Chinese, but when I send a message in Japanese and Chinese, the other end receives a blank message. (usually only in English)

I checked the phone settings and they worked fine. In the previous version, characters such as Chinese and Japanese can be displayed normally.

This bug is very serious, please resolve it as soon as possible
Enable and disable back GSM alphabet in SMS app settings..