Invalid Xiaomi 11T Pro battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raf00

Members
Oct 27, 2021
Hi guys, i have my 11T Pro now for around 10 days. For the most part im enjoying it. The only thing i noticed and is very annoying is that my battery drains very fast at the end of batterylife.

For example the last 30% lasts only around 10 minutes maybe and the last 20% lasts 5 minutes. All without running apps on the background, just my screen on to observe how fast it drains...

Anyone having this issue? Should i return my phone or is it a software issue?

Reactions: HOTDADDY
Hi guys, i have my 11T Pro now for around 10 days. For the most part im enjoying it. The only thing i noticed and is very annoying is that my battery drains very fast at the end of batterylife.

For example the last 30% lasts only around 10 minutes maybe and the last 20% lasts 5 minutes. All without running apps on the background, just my screen on to observe how fast it drains...

I am also having the same problem. Last 20% last max 5 mins

Noticed that from 100% to 99% takes quite a while to discharge, and from 30% to 0%, goes very fast, under 10 min. I go to sleep with 30+% battery, and in the morning the phone is dead. Could it be that it's not displaying the discharge correctly?

Noticed that from 100% to 99% takes quite a while to discharge, and from 30% to 0%, goes very fast, under 10 min. I go to sleep with 30+% battery, and in the morning the phone is dead. Could it be that it's not displaying the discharge correctly?
Yes, I noticed the same thing. Most probably it is displaying percentages wrong. The good news is that is seems to be a software issue. But what to do?

Yeah, i have the same issue. Phone said "you have 20% battery left" then after couple seconds it went 10%, then in every 5 seconds it went down by
1 %, then the battery ran out completely.
Very weird battery behaviour, hope it will be fixed soon if its sofware issue.
Not good if it need battery change or something..

Yeah, i have the same issue. Phone said "you have 20% battery left" then after couple seconds it went 10%, then in every 5 seconds it went down by
1 %, then the battery ran out completely.
Very weird battery behaviour, hope it will be fixed soon if its sofware issue.
Not good if it need battery change or something..
That means you need a battery calibration, don't fully discharge the phone though (as it'll likely damage the battery), just go as low as you can and charge it to full. It'll take 3-4 rounds but it'll eventually fix itself.

That means you need a battery calibration, don't fully discharge the phone though (as it'll likely damage the battery), just go as low as you can and charge it to full. It'll take 3-4 rounds but it'll eventually fix itself.
Usually I try to keep it charged all times, but what it happens is at night when I sleep, it gets discharged going from 30 to 0. So when I wake up it's already dead. In a normal situation 30% over night is plenty but with this phone it's not the case.

The same issue here. Did anyone managed to fixed this problem already?
Today i made full charge and noticed that when it is 100% drop to 99% takes about 30 min with display on and youtube playing and later it starts (i think in normal speed) droping to about 30%. When battery shows 30% it drops till 0% within few minutes.

Hi guys,
I bought my 11T Pro a few days ago,
I am on the 2nd charge and I noticed the something similar.
First of all I would like to mention that :
1) i am on 60 not 120 Hz display
2) I am not using any bluetooth headset , (only NFC when I am paying)
3) I have disabled the google app and any other apps that might be sending notifications
4) I am not doing extensive use of the phone (not watching videos on YT or TikTok)
and even though my 3.5 years old OnePlus 6 (3.000 Amp battery) has WAY better battery performance , not only overall use but I also noticed that even when I am not on 4G and no apps are running the battery looses 2% every half-1 hour.
-> Yes from 100% to 99% took me like an hour almost of full use but from 80% onwards the battery literally dies on her own.
I am really disappointed from a phone with 5.000 Amp battery.
Any ideas?

I discharged the phone to 10% and fully charged it, leaving it connected to the charger overnight. Today it seems there is an improvement. Maybe some kind of calibration is actually needed. I will do 2 more charging cycles and we will see if the problem is solved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-01-23-18-37-394_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-01-23-18-37-394_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 2,045
I discharged the phone to 10% and fully charged it, leaving it connected to the charger overnight. Today it seems there is an improvement. Maybe some kind of calibration is actually needed. I will do 2 more charging cycles and we will see if the problem is solved.
This solved my problem. Now battery is fine and no sudden discharge problem.

This solved my problem. Now battery is fine and no sudden discharge problem.
I have tried this as well upon seeing your comment. Still experienced the same. The battery was dping fine until it reached 30% then it keeps on decreasing 1% about every 30 seconds until it turned off when it reached 10%.
Just got an update after hopefully this issue is addressed. Starting to regret buying xiaomi. My 2+ years old huawei mate 30 pro does way better job in its battery department.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-02-23-52-49-458_com.play.rosea.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-02-23-52-49-458_com.play.rosea.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 1,275
  • Screenshot_2021-12-02-23-52-49-458_com.play.rosea.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-02-23-52-49-458_com.play.rosea.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 1,275
I have tried this as well upon seeing your comment. Still experienced the same. The battery was dping fine until it reached 30% then it keeps on decreasing 1% about every 30 seconds until it turned off when it reached 10%.
Just got an update after hopefully this issue is addressed. Starting to regret buying xiaomi. My 2+ years old huawei mate 30 pro does way better job in its battery department.
After an update, i thought the battery issue would be gone, instead a new annoying battery issue happened. My phone battery always shows 100% despite it being used for the whole day.
It simply means it does not show the phones true battery percentage. Now i have no idea when i should charge my phone, if its dying soon or what. What is xiaomi doing?!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-03-11-03-45-983_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-03-11-03-45-983_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 1,341
Hi, I have similar problem. Fully charged in the morning 100% and at the end of the day it drops on 25% with medium usage which I find unacceptable. Can anyone share how long this battery lasts under medium usage?
Best regards.

I am sorry to hear it. For me, this "calibration" helped. I discharged the phone to a minimum and charged it continuously from evening through the night. the next day I did the cycle again. And now the battery shows % correctly and there are no sudden drops even at 10%.

Hi guys, after getting the official 12.5.16 RKDEUXM (enhanced edition) update, the battery display and management has been fixed.
It still stays a bit on the 100%, but when getting to 20 or below 10, it doesn't close unexpectedly, and I can use it without any worries, for a long period of time.

Hi guys, after getting the official 12.5.16 RKDEUXM (enhanced edition) update, the battery display and management has been fixed.
It still stays a bit on the 100%, but when getting to 20 or below 10, it doesn't close unexpectedly, and I can use it without any worries, for a long period of time.
official forum is at c.mi.com.

Hi,

Been recharging the phone many times, same problem still.
Battery life ATM 2448 mAh out of 5000 mAh, and its brand new phone..

With 100% battery it says my battery lasts 4h 57min, quite sad.
I think this is some major issue, i dont have any heavy programs on that drain the battery.

-Tomi

Status
Not open for further replies.