Xiaomi 12S Ultra Xiaomi.EU Rom Support

Interesting. The china version showed the icons of the app that's pushing the notification. Anyway it's not a big annoyance in the grand scheme of all things here.

I did however notice something else. The notification centre will often allow me to swipe down on any notification for more details, however this only works half the time. Sometimes it's doable and sometimes not. P.S. This was an issue with China ROM also, but was however working on Mi 11 Ultra.
if you think its a bug… then please post it in the bug section…

д After the firmware on the EU, has the autonomy of the smartphone 12 ultra changed? And does it make sense to switch from 11 ultra if autonomy is important to me?

The EU rom seems to require the NFC icon to be displayed. Any way to remove it without getting deep into tinkering?
the adb command
adb shell settings put secure icon_blacklist nfc
should still work i believe
if you want to undo it afterwards the command would be
adb shell settings put secure icon_blacklist null

Good morning all

I have a generic question. I haven't really found an answer. If it has already been made, can you give me the link? - thank you.

If I understand correctly, the EU version is based on the CN version.

but it looks like to implement/enable more google services or translate to more language:

- some functions of the CN version are lost.

- some functionalities seem to have been modified such as the apn or battery management (if this is true because today I have no opinion on the subject)

hence my question: why?
- code in Chinese and therefore not adaptable
- copyright issue
- other ?

I do not really expect a precise answer because I am clearly not sufficiently educated in this area. but a simple and understandable answer even by a French :)

thank you in advance

F

Good morning all

I have a generic question. I haven't really found an answer. If it has already been made, can you give me the link? - thank you.

If I understand correctly, the EU version is based on the CN version.

but it looks like to implement/enable more google services or translate to more language:

- some functions of the CN version are lost.

- some functionalities seem to have been modified such as the apn or battery management (if this is true because today I have no opinion on the subject)

hence my question: why?
- code in Chinese and therefore not adaptable
- copyright issue
- other ?

I do not really expect a precise answer because I am clearly not sufficiently educated in this area. but a simple and understandable answer even by a French :)

thank you in advance

F
use the original rom or the customize rom for free.

it is up to you

A newbie question
After installing the rom via fastboot and rebooting,
First screen I see is "your device is locked" xiaomi screen and there I need to enter password in order to continue.
Is there any way to remove this or is it baked to the device somehow?
Thanks

A newbie question
After installing the rom via fastboot and rebooting,
First screen I see is "your device is locked" xiaomi screen and there I need to enter password in order to continue.
Is there any way to remove this or is it baked to the device somehow?
Thanks

Still unable to connect to mi flash, using Mac on bootloader and win 10. My Mac os not functioning so use win 10.

I already read these instructions, I asked a specific question about that unlock screen I see on boot.
Other than that screen and the process of entering a password to unlock the device I got into the rom and everything is working.

Speaking about this screen:

@ingbrzy It's not associating the icon required for certain apps, when showing notifications. For example, when I connect to my Ear 1 bluetooth headset, and the Ear 1 app pushes a notification to let me know, it shows the same google G icon, instead of the Ear 1 app icon.

This is not custom, but notifications should associate the icon of the app that's pushing the notification.
Interesting. The china version showed the icons of the app that's pushing the notification. Anyway it's not a big annoyance in the grand scheme of all things here.

I did however notice something else. The notification centre will often allow me to swipe down on any notification for more details, however this only works half the time. Sometimes it's doable and sometimes not. P.S. This was an issue with China ROM also, but was however working on Mi 11 Ultra.
I suggest you toggle off "Use app icons for notifications" in Notifications & Control center -> Status bar, see if you like that look more.

I already read these instructions, I asked a specific question about that unlock screen I see on boot.
Other than that screen and the process of entering a password to unlock the device I got into the rom and everything is working.

Not sure where you bought that device, but it looks like the phone has been used, or at least bound to a Mi Account for the unlock process.
I suggest you contact whoever you purchased the device from to help you unbind the device from his/her Mi Account.

Oh I guess it's just because I have a the device linked to my mi account.
If I remove it I think I will not need to enter that password on boot anymore.

Dont want to scary you, but this is not how Xiaomi 12S Ultra looks like..

Oh I guess it's just because I have a the device linked to my mi account.
If I remove it I think I will not need to enter that password on boot anymore.
Yes, that dialog is normal if you bound the device to your Xiaomi Account.

Dont want to scary you, but this is not how Xiaomi 12S Ultra looks like..
Lol, this is an image from google, I can't take photo of my phone with my phone. I only have the one.
In any case what I learned is that creating a mi account and attaching a device to it would cause this password request to unlock screen to appear after factory reset.
So I disconnected my device and logged out of my mi account.
In any case I prefer google to backup everything.

• Haha
Reactions: katerpanne
hello all,

first of all thanks @ingbrzy and the others for what you did !

I am a newbie in terms of device "rooting" and roms etc.
I have some questions if that is ok?

if I buy the device and follow the steps, once done:
1- will I be able to update my apps from Play Store ?
2- wll I get "OS" updates automatically ?
3- will I essentially be able to have a device behave as if I got it more a more "regular" way (in terms of updates, maintenance etc) or is it still a very manual thing for next versions/updates etc ?
4- will ALL app (from Play Store) work (I heard stuff about Netflix, Revolut, etc) independent of the category (banking for example) or of the market I am in (France for example) ?
5- will ALL hardware work (NFC, camera, fingerprint etc) ?
6- Restarting/rebooting the device will have any impact ?
7- Is the device rooted ?

Thank you for your answers in advance !!

hello all,

first of all thanks @ingbrzy and the others for what you did !

I am a newbie in terms of device "rooting" and roms etc.
I have some questions if that is ok?

if I buy the device and follow the steps, once done:
1- will I be able to update my apps from Play Store ?
2- wll I get "OS" updates automatically ?
3- will I essentially be able to have a device behave as if I got it more a more "regular" way (in terms of updates, maintenance etc) or is it still a very manual thing for next versions/updates etc ?
4- will ALL app (from Play Store) work (I heard stuff about Netflix, Revolut, etc) independent of the category (banking for example) or of the market I am in (France for example) ?
5- will ALL hardware work (NFC, camera, fingerprint etc) ?
6- Restarting/rebooting the device will have any impact ?
7- Is the device rooted ?

Thank you for your answers in advance !!
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. TWRP should work fine, at least until next Android update, so you shouldn't have issues with the update process (hopefully).
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No
7. No until you flash Magisk in TWRP.

Reactions: katerpanne