Xiaomi 12S Ultra Xiaomi.EU Rom Support

I installed mi12s ultra stable rom. Everything is very good, but mobile data and internet sometimes arrive late. There is no problem with wifi. Has anyone come across a similar situation?

Although I know you can update CN ROM via OTA maintaining Magisk root access by "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)", I'd like to know what to do with Magisk in prior to OTA update on EU ROM since it needs to launch TWRP? Do I have to uninstall Magisk before OTA update then re-install/setup magisk? Sorry I'm kinda new.

Good job on the 12s Ultra ROM release.

I was previously using the China ROM on a 12s Ultra and successfully switched to the xiaomi.eu ROM yesterday. I noticed a feature absent in the xiaomi.eu ROM. I find the feature quite useful and wonder if it can be added to the xiaomi.eu ROM. The feature works as follows:

With the China ROM, I was using the system app called 'Wallet'. It has a NFC-related feature where you can 'record' a door access card and use the phone instead of the card to unlock a door. Thus, the China ROM allows me to bring just my phone without the access cards. In the NFC settings, if I enable NFC and select Wallet as the "payment default", the phone works just like the selected recorded access card, allowing me to unlock doors using the phone.

With the xiaomi.eu ROM, the Wallet app is gone, though it can be manually installed from the Xiaomi "GetApps" app store. However, the Wallet app installed this way lacks the NFC feature; 'Wallet' does not show up as one of the items in NFC -> payment default and there is nothing about NFC or access cards in the app's UI.

Additionally, the "NFC Card Emulator Pro" app does not work for my access cards but Wallet does. Actually, I find it rather amazing and surprising since supposedly there could be encryption and stuff like that but Wallet still manages to record the cards.

I do not understand the mechanism by which the Wallet app manually installed on xiaomi.eu lacks the NFC feature, but I find the NFC feature quite useful.

Is this feature something that the xiaomi.eu devs would consider adding to the xiaomi.eu ROM or is the feature considered to be China-specific and useless outside China? If this feature could be added, is there somewhere where I should make a feature request? IDK whether the feature is specific to the 12 series, but it probably isn't. It's just that this was my first time using it.
do you rmb which icon to use that feature, i decided flash back to original rom

Is there a thread we can stay updated when 12s ultra has an updated eu rom? Or is this the thread?

Sent from my 2203121C using Tapatalk

Is there a thread we can stay updated when 12s ultra has an updated eu rom? Or is this the thread?

Sent from my 2203121C using Tapatalk
dont worry.. Updater app will notify you just in time..

Hello. I appreciate you guys for all your hard work as always.

I've noticed that euROM doesn't include the function to add LEICA watermark from the default Gallery app that was added to China ROM by the latest update. (It's possible to take a pictures with the watermark using Camera app tho.)

I'd like to know if there is any way to add the function like installing Gallery apk, system updater or any possibility that euROM will have the function by OTA update anytime soon?

Again, thank you for developing such a great ROM.

Dear developers, FYI, I've temporary fixed the issue by installing Gallery Editor v0.8.3.1 apk.

Once in like 10 minutes Mi Message resets and asks me again to agree on everything, Does someone had it bug? Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-25-17-04-14-093_com.android.mms.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-25-17-04-14-093_com.android.mms.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Just updated from Chinese ROM to Xiaomi.eu ROM.
I'm pleasantly surprised by how smoothly it all went :)
Easy and not surprises!
well done team!!

One (last?) question: does anyone manage to make Google Smart Lock work on this ROM?
I have enabled it in trusted agents, but cannot see the interface to chose trusted places/devices.
Do I miss something

Are there in this Rom bugs?
Is the camera app the specific for mi12s Ultra?
to update, when there will be, Do I need to flash another time or will it update by ota as an official update?

Are there in this Rom bugs?
Is the camera app the specific for mi12s Ultra?
to update, when there will be, Do I need to flash another time or will it update by ota as an official update?
1. I didn't find yet any bug
2. yes
3. similar to official it will be downloaded and then you'' have to flash it in TWRP