4fun20

Members
Feb 18, 2021
hi,
three days ago i received my Xiaomi 13 phone.
i believe it is helpful to you to talk about my first impressions.

it's light weight.. on a kitchen scale it weights ~210g with the original case on but it feels way lighter than my previous Mi11Ultra.
i have the white 8gb/256gb version.
yesterday i got one update to MIUI 14.0.13.0 China ROM .
the phone runs smoothly most of the time, i had just a few stutters playing YouTube video but restart the YouTube App fixed it.
the stereo system isn't as good as it is on the Mi11Ultra but it's decent.
As we know the china version of the phone doesn't support band 20, which was a concern for me because i life in a small german town with ~7k people and use o2 network. but it turned out to being not a problem. i have even better signal with the 13. with the Mi11Ultra & pixel 6 pro i can't make calls in the kitchen but the 13 makes it possible now. at the local grocery store i get full 5 bars of 5g cellular signal.
the display is sharp, bright and responsive.
the most positive thing to say is that , so far, the battery is excellent. Because we have ****** weather and winter i am mostly indoors and with WiFi the phone gives me ~10hrs of SOT(100% > 1 %).
(take that with a grain of salt because i experienced in the past that miui got worse over a few weeks.)
right now i am on the second full charge at 5% and SOT is 9h36min.
the camera system is surprisingly good, it's may not on the same sharpness level as the Mi11Ultra and 12SUltra but it's not as disappointing as the 13pro is (as far as i can tell from what i saw on YouTube)

overall i am very happy with the phone and i am partially sad that i didn't pick up the 12gb/512gb version. on the other side i am extremely happy that i decided against the 13pro.

can't wait for the Xiaomi.EU ROM to get rid of all the Chinese things.

i will check the phone out further the next days and upload a video review over at YouTube in german language. i think the 13 is totally underrated and mostly ignored by western YouTubers and there should be more content about it.
i will add the link here when it's online.

so at 02:43H & 4% battery i say good night.

have a nice Sunday and never forget:
Fix the money, fix the world

EDIT: let me add information about the fingerprint reader: it works great. it's better than the one on the Mi11Ultra.
I am on my 4th charge and right now at 80% with SOT of 3h46min, Battery is still great and charges like a dream with the 120/65 watt wireless Xiaomi charger.

EDIT 2: i think Xiaomi did over promised to streamline MIUI 14. to me it looks exactly the same with the same annoyance, like all notifications are shut down by default, after first setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: drsailorstein
hi,
three days ago i received my Xiaomi 13 phone.
i believe it is helpful to you to talk about my first impressions.

it's light weight.. on a kitchen scale it weights ~210g with the original case on but it feels way lighter than my previous Mi11Ultra.
i have the white 8gb/256gb version.
yesterday i got one update to MIUI 14.0.13.0 China ROM .
the phone runs smoothly most of the time, i had just a few stutters playing YouTube video but restart the YouTube App fixed it.
the stereo system isn't as good as it is on the Mi11Ultra but it's decent.
As we know the china version of the phone doesn't support band 20, which was a concern for me because i life in a small german town with ~7k people and use o2 network. but it turned out to being not a problem. i have even better signal with the 13. with the Mi11Ultra & pixel 6 pro i can't make calls in the kitchen but the 13 makes it possible now. at the local grocery store i get full 5 bars of 5g cellular signal.
the display is sharp, bright and responsive.
the most positive thing to say is that , so far, the battery is excellent. Because we have ****** weather and winter i am mostly indoors and with WiFi the phone gives me ~10hrs of SOT(100% > 1 %).
(take that with a grain of salt because i experienced in the past that miui got worse over a few weeks.)
right now i am on the second full charge at 5% and SOT is 9h36min.
the camera system is surprisingly good, it's may not on the same sharpness level as the Mi11Ultra and 12SUltra but it's not as disappointing as the 13pro is (as far as i can tell from what i saw on YouTube)

overall i am very happy with the phone and i am partially sad that i didn't pick up the 12gb/512gb version. on the other side i am extremely happy that i decided against the 13pro.

can't wait for the Xiaomi.EU ROM to get rid of all the Chinese things.

i will check the phone out further the next days and upload a video review over at YouTube in german language. i think the 13 is totally underrated and mostly ignored by western YouTubers and there should be more content about it.
i will add the link here when it's online.

so at 02:43H & 4% battery i say good night.

have a nice Sunday and never forget:
Fix the money, fix the world
Hi, im in the same way, 13 or 13 pro ? I cant decide myself , my wife are in china now and i can pick it, so, wich one ?? What's wrong with camera on pro ?
Why more memory ?
Thank for ur first test!

Hi, im in the same way, 13 or 13 pro ? I cant decide myself , my wife are in china now and i can pick it, so, wich one ?? What's wrong with camera on pro ?
Why more memory ?
Thank for ur first test!
hi, the camera on the pro seems to underperform. i talked to other people and they agreed to my opinion that Xiaomi doesn't control the new sensor well and will put low effort in to make things better.
i would buy the 13 again because it's just not as boring as the pro ( just my opinion)
more memory because i am a music and audible freak, who loves to have all my music and hearbooks on the phone. 256GB is just not enough by a bit to carry everything with me.
RAM 8GB is enough for me the phone does never use more than 4GB with my usage profile.
the Pro is to expensive in my opinion, i don't want to pay 1k+ euros for a heavy phone with a curved screen and a camera system that may never fullfil my expectations.

yeah, after carrying the Mi11Ultra for 2 years i wanted something lighter with a flat screen. i am not a fan of these curved screens.
Same here... It feels small and nice in the hand. But when I put it on een iPhone 14 pro max... it's not that small in comparison. And yes.. i really like flat screen .. fed up with all the screenprotectors that loft up with all the cases.

Reactions: 4fun20
Same here... It feels small and nice in the hand. But when I put it on een iPhone 14 pro max... it's not that small in comparison. And yes.. i really like flat screen .. fed up with all the screenprotectors that loft up with all the cases.
so funny, at first i did exactly the same thing, with gf's 13ProMax xD

Reactions: marcel112
Hi
Thx all for reply, i just follow advice, i prefer flat screen too and something smaller in my pocket! soo i choose 13in green, Really success model in China, many want it and view version was in stock! no 128go, only 256go and more, my wife bough me 12/256 in green.. Just need wait now.
No problem too add google services ? Well its not my first chinese mobile (ex honor 6, honor 10)
Do you wait for eu rom?

Reactions: 4fun20
I received for a week. I unlocked and rooted my 13 pro. Trying to systemize the android auto but still I see connection but no projection on my car. Does anyone see any solution. Cant wait for the eu rom for it. CN Rom sucks in terms of compatibility with google apps

Reactions: marcel112
I received for a week. I unlocked and rooted my 13 pro. Trying to systemize the android auto but still I see connection but no projection on my car. Does anyone see any solution. Cant wait for the eu rom for it. CN Rom sucks in terms of compatibility with google apps
yeah the cn rom sucks with international apps. i get a ton of app freeze, app info in the recent apps section doesn't work and freeze it too. international apps sometimes also prevent the notification section come down.. but the 13 is still great. i am waiting for the xiaomi.eu rom but it will take time until the global version of the phone is released i guess.

Hey nice review ,i would like to buy the Xiaomi 13 as well ,found it at 807€ on trading Shenzhen in 12/256 variant but i would like some info:
- streaming apps are working well?
- bank apps work?
-what you think about 4g bands and signal ?are they working well? I am from Romania and we use same B20
-how is the chinese rom?can we change it to global rom later?

Hey nice review ,i would like to buy the Xiaomi 13 as well ,found it at 807€ on trading Shenzhen in 12/256 variant but i would like some info:
- bank apps work?
-what you think about 4g bands and signal ?are they working well? I am from Romania and we use same B20
There is a wandamobile 12/256gb for 723 ATM. I have Vodafone Holland and experience several times bad/worse reception in locations where coverage is less.. banking apps idk. And what global concern... When it's out you can flash by miflash(don't lock bl) or use Xiaomi eu

- bank apps work?
hi, as i said in my review. in my region missing band 20 isn't a problem.
Steaming Apps like Prime and Netflix work fine in fullHD.
i don't use banking apps so i can't talk about them.. but the bootloader is closed so why shouldn't they work.
the Chinese ROM has some soft freeze problems with international apps but closing and restart the app did fix it..
when the phone hits global market i am sure Xiaomi.EU will provide a custom ROM for it, which i will install immediately.

hi today i did the 6th charge..
battery life
Hi
Thx all for reply, i just follow advice, i prefer flat screen too and something smaller in my pocket! soo i choose 13in green, Really success model in China, many want it and view version was in stock! no 128go, only 256go and more, my wife bough me 12/256 in green.. Just need wait now.
No problem too add google services ? Well its not my first chinese mobile (ex honor 6, honor 10)
Do you wait for eu rom?
hey , sorry for my late reply, i missed it somehow. Google services work fine. installation is as usual.

Reactions: aramisarmando
I´m on question if I change my iphone 13 128 Gb with 92% baterry for xiaomi 13 12/256? do you think is good idea? i think that xiaomi 13 its awsome but only im not sure about chinesse rom and international apps, for the change they request me 110 USD aprox + iphone 13.

I´m on question if I change my iphone 13 128 Gb with 92% baterry for xiaomi 13 12/256? do you think is good idea? i think that xiaomi 13 its awsome but only im not sure about chinesse rom and international apps, for the change they request me 110 USD aprox + iphone 13.
hi, sorry i can't recommend an ecosystem switch out of nowhere.

the Xiaomi 13 is a crazy good phone but it's not perfect (USB port for example).
You don't need to worry about the CN ROM and international apps because the xiaomi.eu stable ROM is released now.
Check if you need carrier bands. The 13 doesn't support all bands.

hi, sorry i can't recommend an ecosystem switch out of nowhere.

the Xiaomi 13 is a crazy good phone but it's not perfect (USB port for example).
You don't need to worry about the CN ROM and international apps because the xiaomi.eu stable ROM is released now.
Check if you need carrier bands. The 13 doesn't support all bands.

Thanks for the answer then the question is, do you think its good price 700 USD aprox for the version 12/256 GB for xiaomi 13?

I switched from iPhone 12 pro max to xiaomi 13 pro, the data migration process was quite stressful (I lost some data), but apart from that it's been a good experience so far.

Reactions: aramisarmando