Xiaomi 13 Ultra announced

I've updated to 14.0.13 with format_data and skip google setup process. And I've been using it plain for 3 hours now without setup any accounts or install any extra apps. No microphone problem, no auto rotation problem. I'll wait a few hours more if no problem, I'll add Google account and install apps. Will report back if issue come up after that or not.
I would suggest you keep using it as long as possible before google/miui sign in to help identify if this is the root cause then after sign in let us know what happpened

I've updated to 14.0.13 with format_data and skip google setup process. And I've been using it plain for 3 hours now without setup any accounts or install any extra apps. No microphone problem, no auto rotation problem. I'll wait a few hours more if no problem, I'll add Google account and install apps. Will report back if issue come up after that or not.
Do you have any reboot ? If not, maybe you can give it a try.

Apologies for the trivial question, but does the xiaomi.eu rom retain the built-in animal notification sounds from the China rom? I need the pallas cat meow notification sound.

OK here is the results. I've used it plain for many hours no problem, adding google account no problem but after perform the Finalizing setup from notification that let me setup Google Assistant, phone start to freeze. I need to force reboot and now camera freeze when rotate and phone keep freezing after a few minutes.

I will try format data and start again but without setting up Google Assistant.

I am using the weekly version with no issues. I was on EEA before and obviously stock Chinese first but I am not seeing any camera or rotation problems. I have not had to reboot or had any crashes.
I used My mover app to migrate and Google restore to get other data back. I do hope you get some stability soon but to confirm that the weekly has none of these issues. In fact the only problem so far I can find is the very low in call earpiece volume but the recorded message is lound and clear on playback through the earpiece. Would really like to get it louder ( yes, I've turned it up). Would be interested if anyone else has similar. But don't give up if you're having issues with stable, then switch to weekly.

Reactions: ingbrzy
Apologies for the trivial question, but does the xiaomi.eu rom retain the built-in animal notification sounds from the China rom? I need the pallas cat meow notification sound.
hahaha Yes it´s included.

Ok based on what people says, i gonna install from eeu and I will wait before adding my google or my mi account.
For the ones you don´t have more troubles, are you loading your mi account and restoring your data from there?

Reactions: reasonablebasis
OK here is the results. I've used it plain for many hours no problem, adding google account no problem but after perform the Finalizing setup from notification that let me setup Google Assistant, phone start to freeze. I need to force reboot and now camera freeze when rotate and phone keep freezing after a few minutes.

I will try format data and start again but without setting up Google Assistant.

You can try to remove google "voice search" app update as I mentioned in this thread.
Many users report in Google Play the latest update makes phone app force stop.
Voice search app is related to Google Assistant function.

I re-flashed the new EU ROM yesterday afternoon. It's all good until now. Here is the problem I addressed:

The microphone and auto rotation (not only the camera but also other apps such as YouTube) issues will show up sooner or later once your phone feels glitchy.

The meaning of glitchy would be to somehow freeze during set-up, and from then on, you can press your power button to turn on or off the scrren. If the notification does not come straight away when you press the power button, then your system will have issues later on.

What I suggest is that you slowly process your setup during the first boot. Just try not to make the Google account login and app installation cause the system to freeze or glitch. Once you finish your phone setup, press the power button and see if the notification sound delays. If you feel the delay, you might need to restore the system and try setup again.

I hope this can help.

I re-flashed the new EU ROM yesterday afternoon. It's all good until now. Here is the problem I addressed:

The microphone and auto rotation (not only the camera but also other apps such as YouTube) issues will show up sooner or later once your phone feels glitchy.

The meaning of glitchy would be to somehow freeze during set-up, and from then on, you can press your power button to turn on or off the scrren. If the notification does not come straight away when you press the power button, then your system will have issues later on.

What I suggest is that you slowly process your setup during the first boot. Just try not to make the Google account login and app installation cause the system to freeze or glitch. Once you finish your phone setup, press the power button and see if the notification sound delays. If you feel the delay, you might need to restore the system and try setup again.

I hope this can help.
My system wasn't freeze or delay during setup and after finished so I left the phone to sleep like normal. When I came back to pick it up, press the power button won't light up the screen. I need to force reboot and then the issues start to show.

What different between stable and unstable system from my experience is after I enabled Google Assistant during Finish setting up...
Screenshot_2023-05-19-08-13-12-003_com.miui.home.jpg

I have some good news ( maybe ).

Here is the result, so far so good, no any laggy, random reboot or rotation issues, but I don't know it gets rid of them forever or not.

Actually, I follow the instructions mentioned before in this thread that is not to setup anything at the first boot up ( I suggest you to do the factory reset before flash latest EU rom to prevent certificated process ) and also ignore the notification that want you to finish the setup after you boot into MIUI.

After the process, you can reboot and checking if anything going wrong. If not, and you can open the google play store to login your google account and update everything. That's what I did last night, and it seems everything OK currently.

Combined with the voice match update issue, I think it maybe the reason, because what I did is actually bypass the voice match setting ( google assistance ). The others seems the same.

Hope these information will help.

My system wasn't freeze or delay during setup and after finished so I left the phone to sleep like normal. When I came back to pick it up, press the power button won't light up the screen. I need to force reboot and then the issues start to show.

What different between stable and unstable system from my experience is after I enabled Google Assistant during Finish setting up...
View attachment 47721
I also tried the EU Weekly Rom and two EU Stable Roms. They all show up with this "Finish setting up your Xiaomi..." notification when I've already finished my setup during the first boot. If my memory serves, when I click this notification and set up the account again, the system will start glitching or freezing to force a restart.

My new rom worked from yesterday afternoon until now, and I restarted it a few times, and it is still working fine. However, I closed the "Finish setting up your Xiaomi..." notification yesterday and chose to remind me tomorrow. That means this time I did not do the second account setup like before.

I got a feeling that might be the issue that caused the system to freeze and force reboot before, then the rotation and microphone issues as a consequence later.

I have some good news ( maybe ).

Here is the result, so far so good, no any laggy, random reboot or rotation issues, but I don't know it gets rid of them forever or not.

Actually, I follow the instructions mentioned before in this thread that is not to setup anything at the first boot up ( I suggest you to do the factory reset before flash latest EU rom to prevent certificated process ) and also ignore the notification that want you to finish the setup after you boot into MIUI.

After the process, you can reboot and checking if anything going wrong. If not, and you can open the google play store to login your google account and update everything. That's what I did last night, and it seems everything OK currently.

Combined with the voice match update issue, I think it maybe the reason, because what I did is actually bypass the voice match setting ( google assistance ). The others seems the same.

Hope these information will help.
Confirmed!

We were able to reproduce autorotation, laggs and microphone issues right after enabling Google Assistant voice match..
We will focus on this issue now.

Disable Voice Match for now and clear Google app data to avoid these issues..

Thank you for a hint!

Last edited:
Confirmed!

We were able to reproduce autorotation, laggs and microphone issues right after enabling Google Assistant voice match..

Disable Voice Match for now to avoid these issues..

Thank you for a hint!
Cool, looking forward the next version, and thank you for your effort. ;)

Confirmed!

Disable Voice Match for now to avoid these issues..

Thank you for a hint!
Thank you for your great effort!

New rebuilt STABLE V14.0.13.0 uploaded..

DOWNLOAD

- Fixed auto-rotation issue
- Fixed microphone issue
- Fixed system UI lags
- Fixed camera lags
+ "OK Google" doesn't work with screen off (we have to wait for Global device release)

If you had installed our ROM before, clear Google app data..

Last edited:
New DEV 23.5.15 uploaded..

DOWNLOAD

- Fixed microphone issue
- Fixed system UI lags
- Fixed camera lags
+ "OK Google" doesn't work with screen off (we have to wait for Global device release)

New DEV 23.5.15 uploaded..

DOWNLOAD

- Fixed microphone issue
- Fixed system UI lags
- Fixed camera lags

Thank you. If I'm on DEV currently, do I still need to format or only update?