Xiaomi 13 Ultra announced

seems to be something wrong with your setup..
I make 2 clean installs with stable
1 clean install with weekly
maybe not all of 400 downloaders have problemrs - but not only me - people here posted about same problems.
my setup is good, and before xiaomieu(i have dev build before on 11U) all work perfect. so i want to use xeu further, but without this bugs. may be new stable or weekly will be good.

Hi everyone,
As title says, I'm having issues using Xiaomi Mi Mover to clone my old Xiaomi 9 data to Xiaomi 13 Ultra.
Two phones connect (Xiaomi 9 for sending and Xiaomi 13 Ultra for receiving) for a second and then I get "Connection interrupted...",
where the reconnect doesn't work or never happens.

Xiaomi 9 - MIUI by xiaomi.eu V21.11.24.DEV - root locked
Xiaomi 13 Ultra - MIUI by xiaomi.eu V14.0.23.5.8.DEV - Fastboot and TWRP(instead of Recovery)

Any idea on fixing this?
Or atleast some other tool which would do the same?

There is no TWRP yet for Xiaomi 13 Ultra, where did you get it?

Reactions: Hyacin
Yup, i am using weekly build from China rom, clean install with format data. Can confirm there have some issues although it can be solve temporarily but will appear again after using few hours:
1. No microphone sound, try dial and recorder
2. Auto rotate didnt work, even disable lock rotate in toggle
3. Raise to wake didnt work
These issues can be temporarily solve after restart.

And I face keep restart charging issue once (plug power and keep start charge, and stop, and restart..), it also show system no response, but it didn't happen again when i restart the phone.

Just clean installed from 14.0.11.0.TMACNXM to 14.0.11.0 EU stable, all functions tested are working correctly.

What been tested from my 3 hours of testing:
Vertical and horizontal camera photo shooting, App screen roatation (tested on Youtube, Chrome browser), Compass & Compass calibration, Fingerprint enroll, Bluetooth (connected to my Garmin watch), Apps (Google Map my track, Banking App, Taobao.. more than 25 apps)

The only thing I can't do is completing corp email setting with Android Device Policy, which I think it's very challenging for BL unlocked phones with ROM replaced.

Again I'm so happy with my 13u today after installing eu.ROM, thanks to all experts supporting this.

I also have some problems on my 13U with weekly/stable eu builds.

First of all is auto-rotate not working.

I haven't found this issue since yesterday I flash stable eu rom until I take some photos today afternoon and found they are not at right direction. I back to the forum and found I am not alone. I tried weekly build later and still can't get auto-rotate working correctly.

BTW, I use clean installed bat with all data erased both on stable and weekly builds.

Reactions: Emil77msk
I also have some problems on my 13U with weekly/stable eu builds.

First of all is auto-rotate not working.

I haven't found this issue since yesterday I flash stable eu rom until I take some photos today afternoon and found they are not at right direction. I back to the forum and found I am not alone. I tried weekly build later and still can't get auto-rotate working correctly.

BTW, I use clean installed bat with all data erased both on stable and weekly builds.
"Lock orientation" toggle is turned off?

c1c1aa3c2b3988336bf5ddb4dc5c4a92.jpg

Reactions: gogocar62
Recommendation:
If you do a clean install and then use a recovery from a backup made on a different (Chinese) ROM, it was useless. Restore only SMS and call history. Do not use "settings" restore or migration from another device.

"Lock orientation" toggle is turned off?

c1c1aa3c2b3988336bf5ddb4dc5c4a92.jpg
yes… unlock or lock are both tested, and I also found after reboot, it may work, but after a few seconds camera app become very laggy then it crashed.

I tried another clean flash, this time I don't install or setup anything just want to see if there is any problems under clean flash. But it still have the same problems.

yes… unlock or lock are both tested, and I also found after reboot, it may work, but after a few seconds camera app become very laggy then it crashed.

I tried another clean flash, this time I don't install or setup anything just want to see if there is any problems under clean flash. But it still have the same problems.
then post log from crash here..

I started having the microphone issue today, its solved by restart but it returns back after few hours, not logic to keep restarting the phone to overcome an issue in a STABLE release. none of the issues has been experienced in the stable cn rom. I ofc used the bat file with format option, no data retained or restored.

yes ofc
i did this twice(clean install without backup!)
first i think may be i get bad install
then i flash firmware again and this bugs again(same)
addition bug - sound do not translate in BT
Mine is working flawless, no problem till now even rooting and banking app :emoji_relieved:

Here are some updates. I am using stable rom for 13 Ultra. Just did a few tests like compass, auto rotate, phone calls and google wallet. They all work without any issues.

Only difficulties I have now is to transfer all my apps from 12S ultra to 13 Ultra. So far I have tried Mi mover, Vivo easy share, google transfer as part of the initial set up and Mi cloud restore. The only way that worked partially is Mi cloud restore which have brought back most of the apps (70%). The rest 30% never came back. I guess the reason is these apps dont exist in Mi APP store.

An wired thing just came out. After I tried a few apps to transfer data. My 12S ultra constantly showed error like "Security keeps stopping". I tried to clear data in Manage apps from setting but this function keeps crashing 2 secs after I get in. I have no idea why it happened as it never happened before on my 12s ultra.

Let me know if you guys ever had the same issues on 12S ultra before. Otherwise I will wait for next stable rom update to see if it will fixed. Thanks

Screenshot_2023-05-14-19-13-35-108_com.android.settings.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-14-19-13-41-696_com.miui.bugreport.jpg

I have no idea why someone has problem but someone not ?

I assumed we all have the same hardware and software and the same process to clean install with data format, am I right ?

Or there are something that make us have these differences ?

BTW, I will try to report the logs to EU dev team, and hope this will help them to recognise what happened eventually.

As most (all?) of us here probably come from another phone we are all restoring phone state - some way or other..... maybe there is a reason hidden in the different methods of restoring apps/data ?!

I can tell what worked and what not (although that experience was on original CN/EEA ROMs) on my device:

- BAD: restoring via Xiaomi Backup/Restore is flaky, many apps did not work at all and had to be de- and reinstalled. I also had some pecularities when it came to Bluetooth
- BAD: restoring system apps via tools like Swift Backup is always a bad idea :) - I skipped doing this a long time ago
- GOOD: what worked is setting up afresh and using Swift Backup to restore apps (I was rooted, though - makes using Swift Backup easier and allows for batch mode)
- GOOD: restoring apps via Google restore as offered on device setup also worked fine, as it only installs the apps from the play store and doesn't restore any data. I did NOT restore system settings via Google restore, though.....

It would be interesting if we could identify what went wrong on the user's devices reporting issues here, my device works absolutely fine.

I have the same system or app stuck or crash symptoms, and the following steps solve my problem.
1. Use MiFlash app to flash original CN 14.0.11.0.TMACNXM fastboot rom (flash_all.bat and finish phone setup)
2. Flash EU ROM V14.0.11.0 with batch file (windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat)
Sorry but I tried the same steps and after setup as a new device tried gallery and aurotorotation isn't working..then after few seconds error "system process not working", Device not usable, many force closing, autoreboot (China Stable 11 to Eu Stable 1tb device). Thanks anyway for your work, let's wait for a solution

EDIT: it seems I found a solution, I erased data from the phone factory settings) and now the phone seems working...may be the data format from fastboot isn't working perfectly

Last edited:
Sorry but I tried the same steps and after setup as a new device tried gallery and aurotorotation isn't working..then after few seconds error "system process not working", Device not usable, many force closing, autoreboot (China Stable 11 to Eu Stable 1tb device). Thanks anyway for your work, let's wait for a solution
The problems you mentioned almost the same as what I have.

I am glad to hear there is someone has the same issues with me, because that may prove not my bad operation to cause the problems.

As most (all?) of us here probably come from another phone we are all restoring phone state - some way or other..... maybe there is a reason hidden in the different methods of restoring apps/data ?!

I can tell what worked and what not (although that experience was on original CN/EEA ROMs) on my device:

- BAD: restoring via Xiaomi Backup/Restore is flaky, many apps did not work at all and had to be de- and reinstalled. I also had some pecularities when it came to Bluetooth
- BAD: restoring system apps via tools like Swift Backup is always a bad idea :) - I skipped doing this a long time ago
- GOOD: what worked is setting up afresh and using Swift Backup to restore apps (I was rooted, though - makes using Swift Backup easier and allows for batch mode)
- GOOD: restoring apps via Google restore as offered on device setup also worked fine, as it only installs the apps from the play store and doesn't restore any data. I did NOT restore system settings via Google restore, though.....

It would be interesting if we could identify what went wrong on the user's devices reporting issues here, my device works absolutely fine.
I think I have done the test that just do the necessary setups after clean flash but the issues are the same, the auto-rotation just not working and the camera app making system laggy.

That's why I don't think the restore process is the root cause.

Please see my edit above
Thank you for your additional notes, what you mentioned is after clean install we still need to do the factory reset from system settings ?

If that's true, I can do it and test if this can fix the auto-rotation issue.

Thanks you in advanced.

Thank you for your additional notes, what you mentioned is after clean install we still need to do the factory reset from system settings ?

If that's true, I can do it and test if this can fix the auto-rotation issue.

Thanks you in advanced.
Yes exactly...for me it worked

I tried the following in "WEEKLY" and "STABLE".
After changing from chinaROM to eeaROM, I did a clean install of WEEKLY.
Then I did a full restore with swift backup and installed Magisk, LSposed, and CustoMIUIzer14.
I added 2 lines to the status bar, 24 hour clock and start from 0, and 2 lines for communication speed. Then screen rotation was disabled and when the screen was locked, it could not be unlocked (screen would not light up).
Overwrite fix with STABLE update solved the above problem, but it reappears when CustoMIUIzer14 is reapplied.
I tried the same thing with STABLE and still the same thing; installing AOSPMods put the same thing in place before I made the adjustment.
Now, after fixing the above problem with UPDATE, I have given up on the status bar modification and am running it, but the problem no longer occurs!
By the way, I am using CustoMIUIzer14 on 13ULTRA's WEEKLY 14.0.23.5.8 and no problems there.
Sorry for my poor English.

EDIT: it seems I found a solution, I erased data from the phone factory settings) and now the phone seems working...may be the data format from fastboot isn't working perfectly
Is that mean I should perform following steps as solution? Thanks :)
1. Flash China rom by Miflash, finish phone setup
2. Flash EU rom with data format bat
3. Go to setting and factory reset again

Yes exactly...for me it worked
Amazing, after a factory data reset ( under system setting menu ), the auto-rotation seems fine with camera app. No crash and laggy anymore.

Here is my guess of what happened, I think maybe the "flash with data format" doesn't work what it should be, and if you already used 13U with CN rom for a while like me and flash EU with clean install, there is something not cleared totally and make system buggy like auto-rotation not working and restart abnormally.But if you are factory reset your 13U before/after flashing EU rom, then you may be fined with it and no big issues.

Anyway, I will keep using it as a main phone and take it to my trip because of it's great camera, hope everything is fine.

Thank you again and it really save me a day.

Reactions: s3axel