Xiaomi.eu 8.1.3.0 Stable

It's more or less the same. It has newer Android security patches and some fixes, but if you're happy with 8.1.1.0, there isn't really any compelling reason to upgrade immediately.

Another thing: your mileage may vary, but some users (myself included) have reported better battery life on 8.1.3.0, compared with 8.1.1.0.

yeah thanks for the feedback. I guess I stay with 8.1.1.0, Battery is already quite good in the current version. Getting additional 30 mins to 1 hour is a plus. But, looking at the reply, there is a noticeable bug like weather. So, i skip this one first. thanks.

Whaaat how do you do that? 2:25 Hours on screen and 70% Battery left :eek:
I normally have around 20-15% Battery left. And i dont use my phone extraordinary much or do heavy Gaming..

I will try a clean Flash today.
Different app usage, I guess. You can get bigger SoT from using light applications. 3D games and facebook are two battery hog apps, but there are still more out there. They don't always look guilty in battery monitoring apps, as they can delegate the burden to Android system, for example. I usually end up with 3:30 SoT at the end of the day with 10% battery left covering a full day use ++ per charge.

So, I decided to give it a try. Did dirty flash through TWRP. Here is feedback after using it for two days:
- Battery life is significantly improved. I have 6 hours of SoT for the past two days with heavier use that my normal pattern (4 hours of you tubing included). I can easily get 7 hours SoT for my normal use.
- My long issue with hybrid earphone is solved. I can use the mic in the earphone.
- weather bugs is there.
- crash of KLU bug reporting is there every restart.

overall quite satisified and it, especially with the battery life.

update after using a week.
Battery - average 6 hours
performance - quite good. but, somehow compared to 8.1.1.0, 8.1.3.0 is bit lacking. I can pin point exactly what. but, just feel 8.1.1.0 much smoother. one noticeable difference is bluetooh connection. I have Garmin watch, the bluetooth connection is excellent using 8.1.1.0. with 8.1.3.0, performance is bit shaky. Not so sure it is because of the watch, bluetooth or other issues. It is still good though for daily driver though.

still recommended and will keep this version as it has a very good battery life.

I currently have CM13 and twrp 3.0.2.3 installed. If I want to move to this rom do I have to do something special or is it just full wipes and install new image from TWRP?
Is there a big chance for a brick when doing this?

Edit: I just did wipes and installed rom and wiped again. Seems to work fine.

Last edited:
I've updated to this rom too. Weather location worked fine at first start and localisation.
But: On this rom 8.1.3.0 stable (xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.1.3.0.MAACNDI_v8-6.0),
the "Themes" app doesn't get any internet connection....
Not with wifi, not with mobile data.

I've done this already:
- data/internet restriction for the theme app in Security > data usage > restrict ... diabled and enabled again
- clear data for the theme app in settings > all apps > themes > delete data

On this rom, themes app worked fine: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.9.8_v8-6.0

Any ideas? Is there a manual apk-update available?

@Michael89, are you using the default MIUI launcher, or an alternative one? For me, the themes app works only if the MIUI launcher is the default.

Hey @Jaime DLH , i "think", i'm using the default launcher.
I've just flashed TWRP and this rom now. Nothing else installed to customize the system.
All the other apps are running normal, of course with full internet connection.
Only this themes-app not :-(

Of course: sorry for my bad english and thanks for any help :)

If you haven't installed a third party launcher app (like Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, etc.) then you are using the stock MIUI launcher. I use Nova Launcher, and when it is set as default, I can't change the background wallpaper image with the Themes app, but I can if I temporarily change the MIUI launcher app as the default.

Anyway, that's not the problem you are experiencing :-( My themes app, besides the problem I describe, works just fine...

hi. i flashed this rom but i didn't flashed super su , so now my device is not rooted. how can i root my phone now?

ok almost a month now.
battery life is great. general experience is good. smooth, responsive, etc.

but, now i noticed big issue in GPS. if I plugged my phone to car charger, GPS run haywire. lock gone and almost no view on satellite. I know some people have reported this issue in the official forum for quite sometime. I have never had that issue before this ROM. but, now suddenly i have it also. This may not be for everybody. but GPS issue in Mi5 has been reported by sizeable numbers of users in main forum while the rest are completely fine. So, if you are the one who have issues with GPS before, think twice to install this version. I had my GPS issue solved with EU ROM and it is sad it comes back again with this version.

Hey @Jaime DLH , i "think", i'm using the default launcher.
I've just flashed TWRP and this rom now. Nothing else installed to customize the system.
All the other apps are running normal, of course with full internet connection.
Only this themes-app not :-(

Of course: sorry for my bad english and thanks for any help :)

Did you check if youre signed in to your MI account? You must be signed in and your device must be linked to it if you want to download themes from there.

new stable ist out Version: V8.1.6.0.MAACNDI (MIUI8)
Yeah, thanks for the heads up, it's up on en.miui.com.

The changelog only mentions a fix for some 3G problems on chinese carriers, and nothing else. No Nougat on stable yet, still Marshmallow with 8.1.6.0. I was hoping for more changes or fixes with this new stable...

Reactions: ov1lord
I have a problem with Gmail notifications.
80% of the time I receive them without problems. 15% only if i turn on the screen. 5% only if i do a manually sync.

I have a problem with Gmail notifications.
80% of the time I receive them without problems. 15% only if i turn on the screen. 5% only if i do a manually sync.
I have the same problem! I have a Mi5 and a Mi2s with the same Google account and on Mi5 the notifications often don't arrive while on Mi2s arrive on time

go to settings/battery/manage apps battery usage and make sure that the power saving mode is off (miui won't restrict background activities)
also you can lock the app in recent apps menu by swiping down on the app icon when in recents menu

Last edited: