Xiaomi.eu And Miui China Stable 8.2.3.0.malcndl Released

Xiaomi.eu v8.2.3.0.MALCNDL is out! Also, same version of MIUI v8.2 China Stable is out of beta and is listed as the official current release for Redmi 3S/3X.

Has anyone installed it yet? I'll try it out later today. If you did update, please share your findings!

Reactions: Berci
I am nr.17 person who downloaded until now :) !
I will report tomorrow !
And also installing TWRP 3.1.0.0 -> f2fs !

Reactions: Jaime DLH
Thanks @Berci ! Also please tell us how does TWRP 3.1.0-0 behave! Where did you get it from?

I got it from xda / lienege os thred -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-redmi-3s/development/lineageos-t3547309
but the same thing can be found at MI Forum -> http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=542353&highlight=twrp+3.1+redmi+3s

This is the TWRP 3.1.0.0 installer I edited -> https://mega.nz/#!vAlGTLRK!TdHBx6QEwRXhfUJOLghnu4Qh1rIfecsV5jaD1ptcxfE

How to install:
1. go to fastboot
2. on pc run the twrp-installer.bat
3. at the end the phone should reboot to 3.1.0.0 recovery !

Last edited:
Omg this looks good ,so many new things , and is much more fluid than 8.1.5.0 !
Hmm where do i start ?!:
1. you can thake a picture with fingerprint sensor :)
2. when using fingerprint sensor , the phone dase not vibrate anymore !
3. the fingreprint sensor whakes up the phone to lockscreen , ( no fingerprint set needed )
4. to be continued !

Reactions: Jaime DLH
Berci, But this 3.1.0 version of the twrp recovery is general for anyone or specifically for the Redmi 3S (Land)? Is that in the website of twrp is there for some models of xiaomi but for this model in specific does not have :(

This TWRP is not official but its ported to our phone Redmi 3s (check xda link ) ,there is no official TWRP recovery for our phone not eaven the 3.0.2.0 is official soooo..

Bdw i can not change the datta partition to f2fs format,i sucseded only with the cache partition , but i tried at least 5 times , i don't want to mess up more with internal partitions .

I onestly flashed 5 mins ago using MI flash the stock rom to restore the partitions and their format! And i will use TWRP 3.1 with original partition format lieke exf4 .This phone is my daily driver so i dont want to mess up with partition!

I installed TWRP 3.1 just to test/check the parformace of f2fs but i din't sucseded !

!!! I know now why it gone wrong for me because MIUI rom dase not suport F2Fs ,dam it !!!!

You don't heve to update to the new twrp!

But the new ROM is great !
Please excuse my poor english,ussage, knowledge!

Last edited:
Just updated from 8.1.5.0, the ROM feels smooth and everything seems to be working just fine! It has the february Android security patches.

I just
Just updated from 8.1.5.0, the ROM feels smooth and everything seems to be working just fine! It has the february Android security patches.
having been able to flash twrp on my phone, I already have bootloader unlock and I'm running latest China developer but I would like to give xiaomi.eu I try.
Slds

I have the annoying bug that the time in notification is just not updating - for 30minutes! Anyone else this problem? I went back to 8.1.5.0. Maybe its because I flashed it on top the old version, I dont know..

I have the annoying bug that the time in notification is just not updating - for 30minutes! Anyone else this problem? I went back to 8.1.5.0. Maybe its because I flashed it on top the old version, I dont know..
Hi, you mean in the status bar? (the uppermost bar, in which notification icons, battery, etc. are shown)? I'll check it (don't have access to that phone right now), but I don't think I have that problem. I also updated over 8.1.5.0, without wiping data.

yes, status bar was what I meant. I flashed it know for 3 times. And always this bug.. But I dont want to wipe completely, maybe I wait for the next release. Old bugs fixed, new ones produced :) On the 8.1.5.0 I have also a quite annoying bug, in that the phone sometimes goes silent. I see the caller calling, but it lacks the sound. It is not in silent mode, I konw that the bug is present whenever I lock the phone and the locking-sound is absent. But this is very rare, and a reboot fixes it till the next time. Once a week or so..

Just checked. My Redmi 3S does *not* present this issue... As I said, I upgraded from 8.1.5.0 from TWRP, no problems, and did not wipe data.

I don't see that issue either. I dirty flashed from 8.1.5 xiaomi.eu to 8.2.3 ********.com (which is based on xiaomi.eu) without any issues.
@Weissnix You should probably do a complete wipe to get rid of your problems.

Last edited:
Fix! It was Greenify. But this mobile phone doesnt need it either. I have deepsleep ratios above 98% without greenify.

It seems Xiaomi stopped the rollout of 8.2.3.0 for Redmi 3S/3X; they are listing 8.1.5.0 as latest stable, and state that 8.2.3.0 is "postponed until further notice"... ??? What happened back there? I'm using it and haven't found any major problems!

Does anyone know the specific reasons for this?

Can anyone test the speed of LTE on 8.2.3 and Redmi 3s ? Mine was always around 8-9 MB (MB not Mb) on 8.2.3 it decreased to around 1 MB :(
I don't know whether it is 8.2.3 case or there is an another cause.

Can anyone test the speed of LTE on 8.2.3 and Redmi 3s ? Mine was always around 8-9 MB (MB not Mb) on 8.2.3 it decreased to around 1 MB :(
I don't know whether it is 8.2.3 case or there is an another cause.
I'll do a speed test when I get home, in a couple hours, and report back.

No difference between 8.1.5 and 8.2. 3. Download ~16MBit/s, Upload ~5MBit/s.
PS: I'm in a B20 area.

Here are my 4G speeds. I got higher readings, up to around 14 Mbps download and 6 Mbps upload, but it's consistently around these values. No difference between 8.1.5.0 and 8.2.3.0 for me as well.

cap.jpg

Thank you for the tests.
I got to the history of testings and I have noticed the problem is with my mobile provider.

By the way: I was using speedtest.net for years and yesterday, for the first time, I noticed a history of test is stored for my device :) It can be reached by a second left icon at the screen bottom - if somebody doesn't know like me before.

I do use Virgin Mobile in Poland which leases resources of T-Mobile and of Play - our local provider.
The speeds are very unstable.

You can see the difference between what was yesterday and today's morning - see the pictures 1 and 2.
The highest score - which I remembered - was reached with other provider, NJU Mobile - picture 3. I've bought a sim especially for data transfer when I went skiing abroad and put it in second sim slot. It was much cheaper than using roaming.
On NJU mobile there was much higher speeds than on Virgin which in fact I haven't already noticed.

3 MB/s LTE is for me acceptable. 1 MB/s or lower - is not.
I must think what to do with it.

Thanks both for Marky and Jamie for their tests.
MIUI 8.2.3 has nothing common with the low speeds of my LTE.

Virgin 1.png Virgin 2.png NJU mobile.png

I also see a decrease in speed for me as well ,first i thought because of my carrier but on 8.1.5.0 at home on 4G my aweredge download speed was between 700-2500 kb/s but now with 8.2.3.0 at home , i got 50-180 kb/s download speed with the same signal steght i got 4 bars , if i switch back to 3G i got 400-500 kb/s of speed .For me definitely decreased , but at my work i got 5 bars of 4G and:
Screenshot_2017-03-31-17-58-01-500_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.png Screenshot_2017-03-31-18-18-46-345_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.png

Still no news? 8.1.5.0 is still listed as current stable china rom for redmi 3s. I got the update 8.2.3.0 months ago and have a feeling that something must be wrong because ist was removed by xiaomi. Any news on what is beeing developed at the moment and what the release schedule is?