Xiaomi.eu-rom As Fastboot-tgz?

bf_69

Members
May 19, 2016
Hello everyone, I just bought a shiny new Note 3 (Kenzo 3GB/32GB), but it came with the regular China-ROM.

Since I didn't want to wait a couple of weeks for unlocking, I flashed the latest official Miui Global-rom using this tutorial: en.miui.com (slash) thread-235865-1-1.html (I can't post links yet because of forum rules)

It doesn't support the Dutch language however, so I would like to flash the Xiaomi.eu-rom. The method I used however, requires a fastboot-rom with tgz-extention. When I download the .eu-rom it is a zip-file. Is the ROM available somewhere as fastboot-rom? I am searching for the latest stable-release.

I think you have no idea how to flash roms. For tgz you need to unpack the archive twice and then use miflash. Our roms are for recovery install only. Unlock the bootloader and then you can use xiaomi.eu roms.

Z MI Note

Hello, I've flashed roms before, but not on Xiaomi devixes (mainly European Brands and a couple of Jiayu's).

The problem with unlockung the bootloader is that I will have to wait 3 weeks before I can do it (if I get permission, and I've read that it is denied quote often as well).

The unlocking method on this forum is for the hennessy if I read the downloads correctly. Since I have a Kenzo I assume it cannot be done this way on my phone.

If there is a way of unlocking the bootloader reliably on my Kenzo, I'd love tot hear it, but with the method I've used it doesn't need to be unlocked.

Last edited: