New Xiaomi.eu Rom - Mi3 Browser Unable To Save Anything - "no Sd Card" Error

whisperisko

Members
Feb 6, 2016
Hello,

I just got myself a Xiaomi Mi 3W and I have an issue with the default web browser. When I want to save any file, it always gives this error message: No SD card. An SD card is required to download ...(filename)... but of course there is no SD card in Mi3.

When I go to Settings - Advanced - Downloads location, it says "/storage/sdcard0". When I tap to change it, it gives an error: No SD card. SD card is required to modify this path.

When I check the path for my storage it's "/storage/emulated/0", but because of above errors I cannot change it in the browser.

Side note: it also displayed an error when I opened Downloads app/shortcut, but then I created folder "Download" and the Downloads app works OK now (but it's empty as I cannot download anything).

I'm running MIUI7 from xiaomi.eu and I've tried both 6.2.4 beta and 6.1.28 beta. If I try to update to older stable xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_V7.1.3.0.KXDCNCK_v7-4.4.zip it fails.

Any advice will be highly appreciated (different browser is not my desired solution). Thank you.

Last edited:
I would still recommend testing another browser to see if the problem is solved. Then you know if its the stock browser or another problem.

Did you install Android 6.0 the correct way? Did you first install 5.12.17 and then 6.1.28 (to merge partitions).

You can also download DiskInfo from Playstore and see what this says.

I got the phone just few days ago and there was already Android 6.x ROM from xiaomi.eu on the phone (not sure which exactly, but I remember the Android patch level date was in January 2016). After I noticed the issue I tried to update to 6.2.4 with no luck, then revert to 6.1.28, but it's still the same.

Now I tried Firefox - it offers me to choose whether download via Firefox or Downloads app and both ways worked OK. In Opera it downloads too without any issues (it just doesn't offer which app should handle the job). Both browsers saved the files into "/storage/emulated/0/download" , which is the same directory as MIUI default Downloads app uses.

I'm not sure how to determine if I have issues because of partitions, but the MIUI file Explorer recognizes only one storage path as "Internal storage" and Total Commander sees the same as "SD-card" with path "/storage/emlated/0".

Last edited:
So it seems it is a problem with the stock browser app. Did you try a factory reset? You could do a reset (this will wipe all user data and cache, so make a backup if needed!!) and see if that works.

Otherwise try to update to 6.2.4. It should work by using the updater app and select the update package manually.

I am already using 6.2.4 and I was trying to avoid factory reset because I spent hours setting up everything :D However it looked like I have no other option, so I did the factory reset and it works now. Thank you for the advice!