Xiaomi.eu Stable V8.5.2.0.naacned

I came from 8.1.6 and gps is much better than previous version (fix within 10 seconds). Feels faster version and i haven't faced any bugs yet. I noticed some improvements in battery much better than 8.1.6. Well I won't lie I was scared to try this update cause 8.1.6 felt so right to me but I was wrong. You can test it and figure it out. You dont lose anything ;)
Yes, it seems like Xiaomi (and the great Xiaomi.eu team, of course) really hit the nail with this one :) The phone feels great with this ROM.

After testing 8.5.2.0 I will stay on this ROM. ROM is stable and work great on my Mi5 phone.

Installation type: Standard upgrade from 8.2.2.0 to 8.5.2.0 with TWRP 3.1.0-1 (power on + Volume up, in TWRP I select "Install" then select downloaded image, and finally without Wipe Data (only Wipe Cache/Dalvik).)

GPS test: I test GPS with Waze, Uber and Sport Tracker and in all case GPS very fast find my location and work perfect.

Bluetooth test: Work in my CAR system as "Free hand" for incoming/outgoing calls and as Music player.

Fingerprint sensor: Without lag, perfect.

Cellular/VOLTE/WiFi: Working nice, only now I see LTE+ (before update I see 4G) but all work. WiFi connect without problems. VOLTE I can enable or disable but I not sure how to relly test.

Play Store working: Yes

Battery use: In my case, same as 8.2.2.0, one-two days depend on usage style.

Recommend update: Yes

Widgets ok?

I came from 8.1.6 and gps is much better than previous version (fix within 10 seconds). Feels faster version and i haven't faced any bugs yet. I noticed some improvements in battery much better than 8.1.6. Well I won't lie I was scared to try this update cause 8.1.6 felt so right to me but I was wrong. You can test it and figure it out. You dont lose anything ;)
Thank you for your reply :) I think I will do this upgrade

Hello Daniel, it isn´t solved. I make a factory reset via twrp and install the latest stable. Then i rollback my backup with miui. Widgets running without problems, then i cloned whatsapp, widgets still there. But after reboot widgets gone.

same problem for me, have you found any solution?
Thanks

same problem for me, have you found any solution?
Thanks

Unfortunately, the problem is confirmed :(. I cloned AliExpress app and, after reboot, widgets gone.
I've uninstalled the cloned application, but the widget did not come back.
I wiped Cache/Dalvik, but the widget did not come back!
Now, I hope to solve only by overwriting 8.5.2.0; without factory reset.

Is Google keyboard working properly for you guys?
Gesture trail is weird in mine. It is like flashing, it is going to cause a severe epilepsy to me.

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: johnmirra
Sorry guys but I need your help, I made a mess with my phone. I was having the widget problem so I downgraded to 8.2.2 but now the phone is not working properly. Can someone may describe me the steps to make a clean install of the rom.

Thanks for your help

Hi guys,

I'm reporting that widget issue as well. Any ideas of how to solve it?

is the only unconvenient i've found on this last ROM which is the best by far. Really good battery performance with more than 4h of display.

But the widgets are way very important for me :(´

edit: I have neither cloned apps nor second storage space nor different launcher

Gesture trail is weird in mine. It is like flashing, it is going to cause a severe epilepsy to me.

I've found this problem too. But at least it works properly, just flashes so I can handle it

Reactions: Pl4yeR

Yes, I just noticed... It's annoying! It doesn't seem to always happen for me, though.

Reactions: Pl4yeR

I know this is the MI5 thread, but this issue is also there in the MI5s with the new Xiaomi.eu dev rom =_=

I know this is the MI5 thread, but this issue is also there in the MI5s with the new Xiaomi.eu dev rom =_=
Yeah, it's happening to me in latest beta build as well... Hope they fix it soon because it's pretty annoying.

Otherwise this Rom seems quite stable, and had a good battery pool. Smoothness could be improved I think.

Thanks for the update! I dl it yesterday and it seems like a good and stable release.
No problems with widgets and gboard so far.
Unfortunately still no nougat features available..

Reactions: war4head
Unfortunately, the problem is confirmed :(. I cloned AliExpress app and, after reboot, widgets gone.
I've uninstalled the cloned application, but the widget did not come back.
I wiped Cache/Dalvik, but the widget did not come back!
Now, I hope to solve only by overwriting 8.5.2.0; without factory reset.
The thing i don´t understand is, in beta´s the problem with widgets is solved 3 weeks ago. Now a stable came out without that fix ? Maybe the EU team of xiaomi can fix it shortly, like the Playstore bug before.
If you want to go back to previuos stable version, you have to do a factory reset otherwise the phone runs into a lot of bugs and isn´t useable.

Reactions: kkk73 and peterdue
What happened to Kids Mode in this version? I can't find it.

Enviado desde mi Nokia 3310 rooteado.

I upgraded from Xiaomi.eu 8.1.6.0 to 8.5.2.0 two days ago. For my feelings this version is good and stable but bug with blinking track in keyboard is awful!

I think I have another issue with 8.5.2.0 which wasn't there on previous versions. On two occasions, my phone has refused to connect to known and registered WiFi networks; it just sits there, using cellular data, when in reach of WiFi. It can "see" the WiFi networks SSIDs, but does not connect to them.

Enabling Airplane mode, waiting a couple seconds, and disabling it makes the phone connect to WiFi again. Just disabling and enabling WiFi does not solve the problem for me.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Damn, Xiaomi... This is, generally speaking, a good ROM... But can't fix and improve stuff without breaking something else, I guess...? :-|

Guys, the hell, i go back to V8.2.1.0.NAACNEB... at least I could see Gmail notification with names, and no "xiaomi framework" keep syncing all the time... An maybe the phone won't be hot all the time.

I think I have another issue with 8.5.2.0 which wasn't there on previous versions. On two occasions, my phone has refused to connect to known and registered WiFi networks; it just sits there, using cellular data, when in reach of WiFi. It can "see" the WiFi networks SSIDs, but does not connect to them.

Enabling Airplane mode, waiting a couple seconds, and disabling it makes the phone connect to WiFi again. Just disabling and enabling WiFi does not solve the problem for me.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Damn, Xiaomi... This is, generally speaking, a good ROM... But can't fix and improve stuff without breaking something else, I guess...? :-|

No. I have not this problem. All good with communications in my case. And "Yes" - Xiomi.eu is generally good ROM, this is my favorite ROM :)