Xiaomi.eu Stable

Hi

same request here for Mi 8 stable.

I'll be happy to exchange the global stable rom with xiaomi.eu one.

I think that it is more and more requested now that Xiaomi is preventing to re-lock the bootloader after moving from china to global. so safetynet is broken... (unlocked bootloader). For those who only want stable roms it should be great.

And for those who say that dev weekly branch is stable enough, I can confirm that it is not, after years of exp in stable and dev roms on my Mi2s...

Maybe using The official Rom would be your Option Than? And Not using a custom Made Rom without warranty?

Btw: Mi Mix 2s and Loving this rom

Maybe using The official Rom would be your Option Than? And Not using a custom Made Rom without warranty?

Btw: Mi Mix 2s and Loving this rom

No you can't if you have Chinese version, you can unlock the bootloader and install the official global rom: you can't, at least on mi8, install official global rom on chinese phone without unlocking the bootloader... :(
so you can install the official global rom by unlocking the bootloader but can re-lock it after you installed the OFFICIAL global rom version... if you re-lock it you will turn into bootloop... :(

so you must stay with unlocked bootloader if you want the global version so no safetynet, no google pay,...

the only solution is to have a xiaomi.eu stable rom that allow safetynet to pass even with unlocked bootloader...

you did not get it at all!
I did order the global version but I am also supporting a lot of xiaomi user via facebook support groups.

There are many mi 8 owners that were surprised by the new "very bad" step of xiaomi to not allow them to flash official roms on there chinese phone they ordered via well known chinese stores. it is a new step that continue enforcing xiaomi's control over the distribution flows and that restreint the users liberty.

There are still users that not understand this very bad step and still now continue to order chinese version thinking that like in all good past they will be able to "convert" them to unofficial global version.

I think that for those users, the solution may be provided by xiaomi.eu stable rom as the xiaomi.eu roms are passing safetynet protection while providing also a very good global rom.
I personally prefer xiaomi.eu stable rom over official global stable for a lot of reasons. historical reasons (for thoses who aren't new in xiaomi's world, they know what I am talking about, who is remembering the conflicts around first xiaomi's global roms), but also technical reasons (I won't copy/past the list, you can find it in every xiaomi.eu rom release post, it starts with:

Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global):
  • Based on China Stable / Weekly builds (except HMNote3SE)
  • Enabled search gesture (swipe up) on the desktop
  • Enabled MiDrive in File Explorer
  • [...]

@MarkHUK do you think there is a chance there will be a Stable MIUI9 for Mi8 xiaomi.eu before MIUI10 will be released?

it would be great.

xiaomi.eu rocks (a lot more than any global stable from Xiaomi) :)

When I get pregnant and have babies :)
@MarkHUK : are you really against stable xiaomi.eu rom?
Doesn't the root cause of xiaomi.eu (also know by olders miuiandroid.com :emoji_wink:) wasn't to provide the missing abilities xiaomi didn't want to provide (multi languages when xiaomi's rom were only chinese/english, optimized perfs, ...) you were also the 1st to make miui rom that support right to left languages properly (hebrew, arabic,...). you were our savior...
I think that now, with xiaomi taking again some difficult moves for the users (no relock after flashing official roms, permission requirement for EDL, anti-rollback protections...) xiaomi.eu can save us again :emoji_wink:

Reactions: cobben
@MarkHUK : are you really against stable xiaomi.eu rom?
Doesn't the root cause of xiaomi.eu (also know by olders miuiandroid.com :emoji_wink:) wasn't to provide the missing abilities xiaomi didn't want to provide (multi languages when xiaomi's rom were only chinese/english, optimized perfs, ...) you were also the 1st to make miui rom that support right to left languages properly (hebrew, arabic,...). you were our savior...
I think that now, with xiaomi taking again some difficult moves for the users (no relock after flashing official roms, permission requirement for EDL, anti-rollback protections...) xiaomi.eu can save us again :emoji_wink:
Not at all against it :) just wait for my pregnancy to end, its a long one :p lol

Reactions: cobben