Xiaomi guide to install update.zip and Brush tool

Thanks emaz. Now I am ready to make the update? Is there any risk to do it as explained in the first post Method one” as my M1S has already ICS (Miui version 2.9.14).

How can I check MD5.

Thanks

- "1s" wrote on the back part of the phone, check if yours have it too
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6287/91389002.jpg

Hope this can be helpful.
My one also have "1s" wrote near the back camera as below pic
IMG_3891.jpg

install on the phone Antutu

then Info--->Device info

Check if your phone has a qualcomm gpu adreno 200

then info----->Informations

Check Cpu frequency and other phone specs

I'm not sure this will give you the assurance that your phone is a M1S
but if the cpu is a mtk cpu, then is a fake.

Hope this can be helpful.

Here is Antutu indicate in the system infor page.
Phone model: MI 1S
Brand: Xiaomi
CPU hardware:
MIONE
CPU model:
Dual-Core ARMv7 Processor (VFPv3, NEON)
CPU frequency: 1998.84 MHz
Screen resolution: 480x854
GPU Vendor: Qualcomm
GPU renderer:
Adreno(TM)220
GPU version (OpenGL): OpenGL ES 2.0
Memory size (avaiable/total): 97./2942.8 MB
RAM size (avaiable/total):185.8/796.5 MB
SD card size...
Camera: 8.0 Mega pixel
Build number: IMM76D

im so unsure since the spec seem correct, the correct GPU and i think it's the correct GPU.

Do this for me please. Turn the phone do not connect it to the power. First hold MI button on the bottom right (camera button) And hold volume up and keep holding these, and then hold power button and don't let go of either and see what happens when the phone turns on.

The one thing i see is that its not running ICS its running android 2,3,6 Gingerbread.
Do you have MIUI on the phone or do it run something else?

5umkd5.png do you see a app called updater? if you enter it you should se the picture below and see the version of miui you are running but not sure if that app exist in gingerbread. Never used it i just flashed it from GB to ICS at once when i got it.

im so unsure since the spec seem correct, the correct GPU and i think it's the correct GPU.

Do this for me please. Turn the phone do not connect it to the power. First hold MI button on the bottom right (camera button) And hold volume up and keep holding these, and then hold power button and don't let go of either and see what happens when the phone turns on
Nothing happen, the phone doesn't turn on.

The one thing i see is that its not running ICS its running android 2,3,6 Gingerbread.
Do you have MIUI on the phone or do it run something else?
I have MIUI on the phone but not sure, you can see picture in this link:
http://vozforums.com/showthread.php?p=52870605#post52870605
5umkd5.png do you see a app called updater? if you enter it you should se the picture below and see the version of miui you are running but not sure if that app exist in gingerbread. Never used it i just flashed it from GB to ICS at once when i got it.
I don't have this app in my phone

the antutu cpu frequency is 2 ghz as you can see,anyway hw info on the rom can be faked if the recovery says its a mtk6575, i think its fake

@PMCBA I suppose you're on windows

To check MD5 try this http://www.winmd5.com/download/winmd5free.zip

Quite simple to use,
- select the file you need to check
- press the button wait for the MD5
- wait for the MD5 code ancd compare it with the one in this thread

No if you follow exactly he tutorial you will not occur in any issues.

Sorry Emaz but I am a noob,

I have unziped the file and run the .exe. I have selected the update.zip that i have downloaded and Appears

"Current file MD5 checksum value - 818e199b4c09d18d4c1ef39880cb40d2"

You told me to compare it with the one in this thread, where can I find it? Sorry.

I just want to update my system because its old.

Thanks

@PMCBA sorry my fault, compare the md5 with the one found from where you downloaded the update.zip

Dont think anybody will buy what you can do is contact your bank or credit card company and talk to them :)
Maybe they can help and if you paid with paypal they can help maybe.
Wouldn't try to sell it since it's illegal in most countries to sell pirated stuff :)

Thanks Emaz,

If anything goes wrong can I restore the system with the "backup app" that you told me?

Sorry but I am not sure about this.

Thanks

No you cannot restore the system itself with the backup.
The backup tools gives you a backup off, sms, mms, phonebook, settings of your phone etc so when you restore you will get all this back but the system itself is not restored.

@PMCBA if something goes wrong you can put the phone in fastboot mode and flash it , then restore settings with backup.

So don't be too scared :)

Ok Thanks blackstones,

When I go to "system updates" I receive a message "You already have the latest version" and my M1S has MIUI-2.9.14.

How can I update to the last stable version safely?

Sorry but I am noob.

Thanks

Thanks Emaz

"and flash the restore settings with backup"

Can you please tell me how can I do this

Thanks

You download the update zip from this website on the front page you get the latest release.

open the app called backup you will see a list of backups that you have, enter the backup you want and choose what you want to restore from that backup.

@PMCBA i mean "then" XD,

the method 2 of this tutorial says how flash a rom

But to update your phone just follow method one of this guide ,
You have the latest stable release of miui.

if you want a more updated miui then follow method 1

go in recovery flash update.zip to system 1

Enjoy the miui.

Ok. I have seen in the page whith the links to download the version 2.11.23 this

Notice: GApps are no longer included!

After I update the system there are no gapps? How can I install them, or how I flash them?

Thanks