Xiaomi guide to install update.zip and Brush tool

@PMCBA
i dont have the last rom but if you have googleplay install them from there

If you don't have googleplay just download ics gapps.zip and flash it in the recovery (you should rename it in update.zip if i'm right)

@lamtbdbk

I found this helpful article today on gizchina

http://www.gizchina.com/2012/11/27/how-to-tell-if-your-xiaomi-m1s-is-a-fake/#comment-256925

it says that those clone have all this IMEI 867746016577413

@blackstones

I was thinking about making a post, which says how to spot fake m1, m1s m2 phones

Thanks Emaz,

I have followed de method 1 of this post and everything goes Ok. But when I reboot the phone I can not see the "Updater" app.

If I go to the settings I see that the version is now 2.11.23 instaed of the previous 2.9.14.

What is wrong?

thanks

What do you mean whats wrong? you just updated to a later version. 2.11.23 is higher then 2.9.14 :)
So not sure whats wrong.

@emaz i would think that would be a great idea and hope it will become a sticky just like i hope this thread will be so people easy can find it and use it :) Its a lot of fakes out there and its seems that people buy there phone from anywhere these days so maybe not so weird that its a lot of fakes sold. But hope you make the thread and if you do let me know and i will like it :)

OK My system is updated but now I don´t have google play store. I have recovered my previous backup and nothing.

I have renamed the gapps to update.zip and flash it but when I reboot the play store is not there.

Where can I find it? Is an .apk?

Sorry

Thanks

yes its an APK. How did you install it? with the update app or in recovery mode? if you tried recovery mode try update app or the other way around :)

so your shows multiple different types of hardware ? 1 for in the recovery mode and 1 with Antutu?
Did you try to contact your bank ? :)

@lamtbdbk if you look at your phone and the pics in the article you can see "Mi one plus " on the back of the phone , so i think your is just the m1s version of the fake XD

To be honest I'm not sure since its fake :( do it run miui and look like the screen pics you seen around of miui? what version of miui are you running? To be honest i would not try to update it or do anything to it since it might brick.

Just contact the seller and see what that will do, contact your bank/credit card company and see if they can help. You are definitely not the first person who has bought fake stuff so maybe they can help. Except from that im not sure what to help you with since im not going to tell you to flash it or do anything since im not sure how to do that.

im so unsure since the spec seem correct, the correct GPU and i think it's the correct GPU.

Do this for me please. Turn the phone do not connect it to the power. First hold MI button on the bottom right (camera button) And hold volume up and keep holding these, and then hold power button and don't let go of either and see what happens when the phone turns on.

The one thing i see is that its not running ICS its running android 2,3,6 Gingerbread.
Do you have MIUI on the phone or do it run something else?

5umkd5.png do you see a app called updater? if you enter it you should se the picture below and see the version of miui you are running but not sure if that app exist in gingerbread. Never used it i just flashed it from GB to ICS at once when i got it.
Is there a way to change the language? Most of it is in english, but there still a lot of stuff in chinese

unless you manage to install the update.zip from this site or other sites that have a better/more translated version of miui the no.
Have you tried to install the update.zip from this site?

I tried to install it, but it said something like "Invalid OTA". Do i have flash the file, and if i do, how? Thanks for answering so fast :) But I think i'm gonna try and ask for a refund if this isn't going to work, and try to buy it from xiaomi.com with google translate xD

not sure what you mean by "Do i have flash the file". You need to download the update.zip transfer it to the phone and do not unpack the .zip file, open the updater app and choose the update.zip file. it should update and re-start.

But if i was you i walk ask for a refund and also contact your bank or credit card company on the card you used to pay for the phone and talk to them. The phone is fake and not worth the money.

You can buy from android-sale.com or hotmid.com i used both stores without any problems. I bought my phone from hotmid.com and a back cover and screen protection from android-sale.com

so your shows multiple different types of hardware ? 1 for in the recovery mode and 1 with Antutu?
Did you try to contact your bank ? :)
I went to Shenzhen and bought the phone by cash, now I came back to my country,
My friend took some picture while we are checking the phone.
If any one here see the guy in black T-shirt, please give him some bricks on his face on behalf of me :)
IMG_6472.jpg

IMG_6473.jpg

damn that sucks :( Well not sure what you can do then unless you manage to get a hold of the seller i think you are out of luck :(

Hi emaz,

Can you please tell me how can I move apps to sd card.

I can´t find anything about the procedure to do it.

Thanks

Try the search on this forum i found several threads on it, anyway this isn't the right place to ask.

The miui have a built-in a2sd just create an ext3 or ext4 (i don't know if ext4 are supported) partition on your sd-card and then open a trerminal emulator and type those commands

Code:
su
a2sd reinstall

every app should be moved to sd.

I've got those info from this thread http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/how-does-app2sd-work.4264/

There are many apps that can do this just search on Google play. As emaz said this thread and forum subject is not the right place.
System app remover lets you move apps 2 sd card

What you mean? did you download the app and start it? the first screen tells you the different things the app can do :)

Sorry but I have installed the Systemapp remover and it moves app to system and not to sd card. I could not find a way to do it.

Thanks

Emaz,

I have my sd card with an ext3 partition, but when I use Terminal and the comands that you told me
Code:
su
a2sd reinstall
I receive the message: a2sd: not found.

I don´t understand.

Thanks

@PMCBA
this error message means you do not have installed the a2sd, i will try on my m1s to create a ext partition and then move apps.
If someone there knows the right way to move apps to sd card please show usthe way XD