Xiaomi Xiaomi MI-2 Full video conference presentation

Discussion in 'MIUI News' started by MarkHUK, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

Hi all,

since the event didnt go out as a live stream - Xiaomi have actually took the time to record it and post to YouTube.

Here it is:

genothomas and alaminxp like this.
  2. eddie9684

eddie9684Members

May 10, 2012
    Male
    just saw that yesterday in youku.

bah i must say they gave lots of shit to the people who actually bought the ticket and went

i cant remember all but the most important things were
    an orange M1 tshirt
    rights to buy xiaomi 2 (i believe you get a number or something like that to pre order one when its time)
    and the little bluetooth racing car which is awesome and not to mention its like 299

shouldnt have missed that .. o well. i didnt think that paying 199 for the entrance was right... now the joke is on me.

3. TheWierd

TheWierdMembers

Aug 19, 2011
    Male
    Technician/Consult
    Sweden
    The important part is: Is it possible to pre-order outside of China? Otherwise it's such a waste showing it off, as we won't even get our hands on one.

4. Bojan Kseneman

Jun 1, 2012
    Male
    Bachelor degree in electrical engineering
    Slovenia
    they took the time to make it in Chinese, hopefully someone else will take his time to create subtitles :D

Daxal likes this.
  5. 10-80

10-80Members

Mar 4, 2012
    Did the spec's released indicate whether or not there is a micro SD slot?

6. iBotPeaches

iBotPeachesScript Gatekeeper

Oct 31, 2011
    Kansas

It has internal 16GB with a microSD (microSDHC) slot. I don't know if the 16GB is a micro SIM included or part of the ROM.

source: http://gdgt.com/xiaomi/phone/2/specs/

7. grappler

grapplerMembers

Nov 5, 2011
    Male
  8. eddie9684

eddie9684Members

May 10, 2012
    Male
    well in the video it didn't say anything about it, until now i believe theres not going to be sd expansion, such a bummer to have only like 10gb for data, rest goes for the rom i guess.

but according to that comparison there is indeed an expansion slot.. hope its true.

9. Swos

SwosMembers

Jun 14, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    without sub it's impossible..... :p :p

10. kem024000

kem024000Members

Aug 25, 2012
    Male
    Check that link again. http://www.miui.ch/xiaomi-mi2-vs-sgs3-vs-htc-one-x-vs-meizu-mx/
    They just changed it to "no microsd." I think the evidence is undeniable, there will be no microsd card slot on the Xiaomi mi-two, which I find shocking, for the world's fastest super phone to have only 16gb storage with no expansion. This makes me sad =(

11. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

not official blog. That news is not correct.

12. kem024000

kem024000Members

Aug 25, 2012
    Male
    I really wish they could settle this once and for all and just show a picture of the Mi-two with the battery removed so we can actually see for ourselves what ports it has. There are parties on both sides swearing it does or does not have a microsd card slot and not one simple picture of the phone with the battery removed floating around anywhere on the internet to just resolve the conversation once and for all. Meanwhile, Xiaomi itself remains silent.
    If someone has a picture they can upload or has actually manhandled the phone, removed the battery and seen with his/her own eyes the microsd card slot, could you please let us know? We're eagerly anticipating this phone, and whether or not it has more than 16gb of possible storage is the difference between a super phone and a brick for many of us. Much appreciated!:)

13. eddie9684

eddie9684Members

May 10, 2012
    Male
    in the website it doesnt say anything about the micro sd expansion at the phone specs section

its quite hard to believe it doesnt tho, 16 gb is not enough for anything nowadays, hope the official pictures or news come out soon.

i will try to enter the xiaomi website and contact their online support, doubt they know anything official tho, most of the times they are clueless too.

kem024000 likes this.

Share Our Site