Xiaomi Mi 9 speaker hiss ?

Mar 15, 2019
Hey,
I’m switching from an iPhone 8 to a Mi 9. I immediately noticed the disappointing quality of the speaker. :(

However I have a problem with the speaker, as soon as I receive a notification or another sound, once it has been played, even at 30 centimeters and during 1-2 sec I hear a hiss. It is extremely unpleasant. You too ?

This is a record : soundclound

I'm in love with this smartphone but the speaker makes me crazy :(

Last edited:

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hey,
I’m switching from an iPhone 8 to a Mi 9. I immediately noticed the disappointing quality of the speaker. :(

However I have a problem with the speaker, as soon as I receive a notification or another sound, once it has been played, even at 30 centimeters and during 1-2 sec I hear a hiss. It is extremely unpleasant. You too ?

This is a record : soundclound

I'm in love with this smartphone but the speaker makes me crazy :(
Not experienced that issue when testing Mi 9... Maybe faulty? where did you buy it?

MarkHUK

Founder of Xiaomi.eu
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
From official website : mi . Com
Try different notification sounds to see if the hiss is present still, if still present then likely you need to contact customer service for booking a repair check, if you are in 15 days of purchase you can seek to get the issue resolved by repair or replacement, 7 days to refund for no reason is also valid.