Xiaomi Mi 9 speaker hiss ?

cacahuete

Members
Mar 15, 2019
Hey,
I’m switching from an iPhone 8 to a Mi 9. I immediately noticed the disappointing quality of the speaker. :(

However I have a problem with the speaker, as soon as I receive a notification or another sound, once it has been played, even at 30 centimeters and during 1-2 sec I hear a hiss. It is extremely unpleasant. You too ?

This is a record : soundclound

I'm in love with this smartphone but the speaker makes me crazy :(

Last edited:
Hey,
I’m switching from an iPhone 8 to a Mi 9. I immediately noticed the disappointing quality of the speaker. :(

However I have a problem with the speaker, as soon as I receive a notification or another sound, once it has been played, even at 30 centimeters and during 1-2 sec I hear a hiss. It is extremely unpleasant. You too ?

This is a record : soundclound

I'm in love with this smartphone but the speaker makes me crazy :(
Not experienced that issue when testing Mi 9... Maybe faulty? where did you buy it?

From official website : mi . Com
Try different notification sounds to see if the hiss is present still, if still present then likely you need to contact customer service for booking a repair check, if you are in 15 days of purchase you can seek to get the issue resolved by repair or replacement, 7 days to refund for no reason is also valid.

I hear the hiss problem as well. Sometimes voice gets distorted. Restarting the phone is fixing it for sometime, but you may hear it anytime.at the same time spotify can be distorted but youtube can be clean. It is a problem but i have no idea how to describe it!! I recorded the sound, but couldn't figured how to upload up here!

Last edited: