Xiaomi Mi2S Camera Problem

GregoryGavanas

Members
Feb 3, 2014
Greetings everyone. I suddenly discovered a problem with my Xiaomi Mi2S camera. A quite big spot has appeared approximately in the middle of the frame, that will not go away no matter what I do. It is most certainly not dust or scratch (at least on the outside of the lens). I was running the latest MIUI version, 4.1.24, also tried rebooting on 4.1.17, same problem there, so it's not software depended. I am enclosing some sample pictures to make my point. Does anyone have any idea what has gone wrong? Does anyone know if there is official Xiaomi support department I could contact in Europe? (I live in Athens, Greece).

Thank you very much in advance.
P2030084-small.jpg

And some photos taken with the camera. The translucent black spot is very visible.
IMG_20140203_200808.jpg IMG_20140203_200815.jpg IMG_20140203_200842.jpg

Hi. There is no European support ;only a chinese one. If think you will need to contact your reseler

Envoyé de mon MI 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Just open your device carefully and using an adhesive tape remove the particel.
It's anything more than dust on camera module lens :)
However if you're not comfortable in doing this, contact your reseller

I have a similar problem with my camera, mine has this issue since I bought it.
The only difference from your issue is that the spot on mine is wider, much more blurred/unfocused, and placed in the top-left corner of the frame (the position of the spot becomes more decentralized in the frame when switching to video recorder).
...now I'm waiting that the warranty expires before opening the device and see what is wrong.