Xiaomi Mi5s Plus Info Request

Stomosto

Members
Aug 9, 2016
Hi all!
I'm going to buy a new Xiaomi Mi5S Plus. I just want to have few informations.
I asked the seller about the ROM installed and they told me that the phone come with the global ROM.
Is it working in Europe or I'm forced to unlock it and install a ROM from xiaomi.eu?
Is there a procedure to unlock it?
Looking forward to an answer.

Thank you very much.

Hi all!
I'm going to buy a new Xiaomi Mi5S Plus. I just want to have few informations.
I asked the seller about the ROM installed and they told me that the phone come with the global ROM.
Make sure it's original and not a fake ROM.
I would ask the seller to send you the phone as is, in a sealed box.

Is it working in Europe or I'm forced to unlock it and install a ROM from xiaomi.eu?
It should work, even china rom should. What it is not granted is that it includes your language.

Is there a procedure to unlock it?
Yes.
Look at this complete guide, from unlock to flash.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...w-to-flash-xiaomi-eu-roms-on-your-mi5s.36132/

Last summer I bought 2 Mi4S and 1 Mi4C.
They come sealed and each phone mount different ROM. One was China, one was Global and one was Xiaomi.eu. Each phone was locked too. I don't know why there was this difference.
I hope that these new Mi5S Plus will come with same ROM.
Anyway thank you very much for your kindly reply.

Ciao!

Make sure it's original and not a fake ROM.
I would ask the seller to send you the phone as is, in a sealed box.

When I placed the order for my Xiaomi Mi5s 4/128GB I was assured by Eternal Team at AliExpress that my ROM will be original, they will leave the phone box originaly sealed and in the end I got a fake ROM. That is cheating, and I'm very angry at them!!! I had big problems with that ROM. I tried the MiFlash method and bricked the phone. Only when I got the bootloader unlocked I could flash TWRP and a Xiaomi.eu ROM. Man you guys at Xiaomi.eu are doing an outstanding job. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I wonder the same, I would be getting the 64GB version from Geekbuying for $312 with soft case + tempered glass. Maybe I should just ask them.

I wonder the same, I would be getting the 64GB version from Geekbuying for $312 with soft case + tempered glass. Maybe I should just ask them.
I got my Mi5S from Geekbuying and there was a fake ROM, the stable one the extra .0 in the version number.

Hello.
Finally I got my Mi5S Plus and I'm waiting for the code to unlock it and install a multi language ROM from xiaomi.eu
The phone came with global stable ROM and I read somewhere that I must install first the China Developer ROM which is the only one able to be unlocked. Is this true?

I read somewhere that I must install first the China Developer ROM which is the only one able to be unlocked. Is this true?
That's a great question, I personally just flashed the Developer ROM to unlock as I was following instructions....But I think it has to do with the "Mi Unlock Status" unlocking option under Developer Options & whether it is available on your current ROM, as it is a requirement for the process.
7636eb6a4623e6cd8bec2b6833bc1b4b.jpg
932bdafc1ef1ab4f580a43f2193469ca.jpg

Thank you for these informations.
Anyway, so it means I can install China Developer ROM directly from updater app before unlock the phone right? Then after China Dev installed I start with unlocking procedure and install TWRP and multi lang ROM right?

Thank you for these informations.
Anyway, so it means I can install China Developer ROM directly from updater app before unlock the phone right? Then after China Dev installed I start with unlocking procedure and install TWRP and multi lang ROM right?

Exactly the right method, you can update to Developer before Unlocking.

You can try updating to Developer via the Updater app but it didn't work for me, I just got an error.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to unlock the phone but the unlock app doesn't work. it blocks at 50% and says that the device is not recognised or something like that. Please help!!

And..I don't know why but I don't have the "Mi Unlock Status" flag on my Developer options...
I'm still on global stable cause I was not able to install via updater the developer china nor global

You will have to flash Developer via MiFlash or SP flash tools.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I solved it!
The reason was I downloaded files .tgz and even if I change it with .zip the phone didn't read them. Finally I found the right one .zip developer and I installed it. Now i have a global developer and it has Italian language and this is enough for me.
Thank you for all your support

Hello.
Finally I got my Mi5S Plus and I'm waiting for the code to unlock it and install a multi language ROM from xiaomi.eu
The phone came with global stable ROM and I read somewhere that I must install first the China Developer ROM which is the only one able to be unlocked. Is this true?
Not it's not. I have unlocked mine with fake ROM from seller. I think it's all about doing it right once you've got unlock permission.